Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

http://www.muktaarts.com/newsite/goodboybadboy.asp
HAIIIIIIIIIIII how good does he look there.
I saw his interview on one stop as well 😊
Ms.Chandni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
All puffed up!
   By: Upala KBR
   March 27, 2007

Tusshar Kapoor, who has a water retention problem, went through an unsightly experience while shooting for Kya Love Story Hai

PUFF, DID HE? Tusshar Kapoor
Tusshar Kapoor has had a water retention problem since childhood. Recently, while shooting for Lovely Singh's Kya Love Story Hai in South Africa, he had an unsightly experience thanks to the condition.

Talking about the incident, Tusshar says, "I suffer from water retention when I eat rice. My face and body bloat ups and it shows instantly.

It's a problem I've had since childhood but I never bothered about it back then. Now, I test myself with everything before a film shoot as any kind of physical reaction shows instantly on camera."

'Biryani scene'

Though he always careful about what he's eating before shooting, he became a little careless while on location for Kya Love Story Hai. "I accidentally ate some mutton biryani in South Africa.

It was my first shot after lunch but the moment I looked at the camera I saw something was drastically wrong.

My face had bloated up. Immediately, I became conscious as the shots required close-ups. As the scenes progressed, I started frowning and looking grumpy.

I just couldn't loosen up. Finally, I requested Lovely to shoot my set of close-ups on another day. He understood my predicament and without making a fuss, he packed up," says Tusshar.

The shots were taken on another day, but Tusshar says it's an incident he'll not easily forget. "It's not a perm- anent thing as the bloating subsides after a few hours.

But I have to be extra-careful and watch my diet, especially when I am doing song and dance numbers or close-ups," he says.

Tusshar laughs, "Now the unit's named the scene the biryani scene. When I dubbed for it, they asked me to dub for 'that biryani scene'."
http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/march/154245.htm
Lennie thumbnail
Tusshar plays a gangster, a lover and a crack psycho

Tusshar Kapoor, till now the chocolate hero of Bollywood, has decided to go in for an on-screen image makeover. Tusshar, who plays a gangster in Shootout at Lokhandwala, will be seen as a psycho lover in his new venture Agar.

Speaking about Agar, an excited Tusshar described the film as a romantic thriller. He rubbished any comparisons between Agar and films like Kyunki, where the hero (Salman) plays the role of a mentally challenged person.

After Shootout at Lokahandwala and Agar, Tusshar feels that he's getting more opportunities to prove himself.

Edited by Lennie - 17 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
Tusshar Kapoor wins over Paresh Rawal and Boman

December 16, 2006
The Provogue – Global Indian Film Awards concluded amidst great fanfare and aplomb in Malaysia and one award that deserves a special mention is the award for the best comic role, the reason being that among the very senior and talented nominated actors, like Anupam Kher, Boman Irani, Paresh Rawal was the name of a very promising and rising actor…Tusshar Kapoor! This young man walked away with this honour and he certainly deserved it. Tusshar has always displayed an impeccable sense of comic timing and has worked very hard to get to the top. What makes him so endearing is his shy nature and humility. We are sure one is going to see more of this gifted actor in the times to come.
Lennie thumbnail
Tusshar accident helped his shooting

The accident that Tusshar Kapoor met with on the sets of Apoorva Lakhia's Shootout at Lokhandwala has worked to his advantage. "The stitches that I got on my face added to the mean character that I played in the film," he says. Tusshar says that this is the first time he is playing a character that's rough and tough. "One should do such roles once in a while as it gives an opportunity to vent one's own frustrations," he says. When asked how he got injured, Tusshar reveals, "It was my fault. Sunil Shetty and I were shooting a fight sequence when I forgot to keep pace with my movements and Sunil's blow hurt me."

Praising Lakhia, Tusshar says, "He is a fantastic director to work with and he has worked on my look in the film. Few know that I have kept a beard to be in sync with my character. It was also Apoorva's idea that I retain the stitch as it only added to the look of a hardcore terrorist." Besides Shootout, Tusshar is excited about Lovely Singh's Kya Love Story Hai. Tusshar denies that he signed the film just because Lovely happened to be a good friend. He has also signed Ananth Mahadevan's Agar that promises to be a suspense drama. Edited by Lennie - 17 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
Tusshar Kapoor's new look for Shootout At Lokhandwala

By IndiaFM News Bureau, July 31, 2006 - 04:51 IST

Golmaal is successful at the Box Office and Tusshar Kapoor's role in the film has also been appreciated. Now, after playing a mischievous, mute character, Tusshar is all set to play a negative role in Sanjay Gupta's forthcoming film Shootout At Lokhandwala. Tusshar was seen in a Lover Boy image in his past movies but this will be the first time that he will be playing a negative role. It is said that Tusshar will sport a new look to get into the skin of the character.

However, this is not all. There is also a buzz that he is taking language classes for it. It may be recalled that Tusshar had taken classes to learn sign language for Golmaal. Well, it seems Tusshar has become very serious about his career!

Lennie thumbnail
ShootOut at Lokhandwala

Lennie thumbnail
Tusshar hurt and Suniel safe

IndiaFM News Bureau, September 4, 2006 - 05:10 IST

Tusshar Kapoor has hurt himself while shooting for Apoorva Lakhia's Shootout at Lokhandwala. The incident happened three days back when Tusshar was shooting for the film with Suniel Shetty. What actually happened was Suniel and Tusshar were doing an action sequence together and while performing the same, Suniel's hand came down on Tusshar's forehead and the strap of Suniel's watch caused a cut on Tusshar's forehead.

A doctor had to be called for as Tusshar was bleeding profusely. Tusshar received six stitches. Apoorva Lakhia had given him the day off but Tusshar was brave enough to continue shooting for the movie after taking rest for a few hours as he did not want to postpone the shoot. Well Tusshar, you indeed have set a good example for the youth showing your dedication and hard work. We wish you a very speedy recovery.

On the other hand, Suniel Shetty miraculously escaped from an accident, an accident which could have proved fatal. Suniel was returning from Pune when his car skidded on the Mumbai-Pune Express Highway. His car skidded and hit the side railing, damaging the left side of his car. Sunil had a stiff neck for sometime. He was lucky that no vehicle was behind him or things could have been more serious. All we can add is Suniel was saved because of Lord Ganesh's blessing as he was coming to Mumbai from Pune for a devotional cause. He had planned on visiting a few Ganesh Pandaals in the city and offer his prayers. Suniel considered himself so lucky, that even after the accident, he continued his plans and visited the Ganesh Pandals he intended going to.

Well, all the best Suniel and Tusshar and may Gods blessing always be with you.
Lennie thumbnail
Shootout At Lokhandwala - Movie Preview

Synopsis
From director Apoorva Lakhia comes Shootout At Lokhandwala, a shocking, hypnotic look at a real-life disaster.

On a calm summer day in 1991, in the bustling Lokhandwala Complex, five criminals including Maya and Dilip were counting 70 lakhs in flat no. 32 B, when 286 policemen, headed by ACP Khan, took strategic positions around their building. A gunfire ensued and the entire nation witnessed the most talked about daylight encounter lasting 6 hours that transformed suburban Mumbai into a virtual war zone.

Shootout At Lokhandwala is the story of a seasoned cop, Khan, who chased Khalistani extremists, handpicked cops like Inspector Kaviraj Patil and Constable Javed Shaikh, and dared to engage trigger-happy gangsters in a residential locality of Mumbai. Khan's fight went beyond the encounter as he faced inquisition from his own department and legal charges of human rights violations. Shootout At Lokhandwala is the story of an upcoming underworld gangster, Maya, and his highly skilled partner, Dilip. The two made extortion the buzzword in the early 90s and dared to disobey the big bhai of the underworld, drawing the attention of Khan and his newly formed ATS squad. Both Khan and Maya were men obsessed, so devoted to their professions that their personal lives were a disaster.

Shootout At Lokhandwala explores the personal obsessions and sacrifices of the two protagonists with absorbing insight, with some of the most riveting action sequences to be ever filmed.