Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
One thing I have always wondered did Mahakaali actually wanted these sacrifices? She killed the demons, who were troubling the world, neve an innocent animal. She can be pleased with Sattwik bhakti & upasana also. Such practise of animal sacrifice has to be stopped. That's possible only with changed minds. 
patakha-guddi thumbnail
thnx tanni di for answering on my behalf
honestly I hate ppl killing animals
Targaryen-gal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@subha, I visited the IPKKND forum and oh dear they were totally on the side of sacrificial killings. If somebody questions the food chain thing then I wud like to clarify that there is a thing called omnivorous and carnivorous animals and also I think there is a huge diff between a human having cranial capacity of 1600 and animals who live in the jungle. I don't want to stop people from having meat as I myself am a non-veg, but brutally killing thousands of innocent beings, is that right?

@sukhi, they cut them into pieces?
Almost all the devi temples in Nepal conduct the sacrifies. Its like a must over her.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
I was told every Tue & Sat Goats are sacrificed in early morning, during my month long stay for off. work in Kolkata. I have visited the temle twice in the evening, it's a powerful temple.
patakha-guddi thumbnail
@meenaxi di-its not done now...yep its a powerful temple...I had visited it when I was quite small 😊
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

I was told every Tue & Sat Goats are sacrificed in early morning, during my month long stay for off. work in Kolkata. I have visited the temle twice in the evening, it's a powerful temple.

its stopped. They do sacrifices, but only on special occassion when someone else sponsors i think. I only had the mahaprasad once in my life.

And it indeed is a powerful temple. You can feel the vibration if you visit there early morning, just after the temple opens. There is an eerie feeling one gets inside, if one can sit a bit and meditate a bit. However its almost impossible dude to the pandas who will bug you for money again and again unless you know the inside and can tell them off.
whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -simirck-

@subha, I visited the IPKKND forum and oh dear they were totally on the side of sacrificial killings. If somebody questions the food chain thing then I wud like to clarify that there is a thing called omnivorous and carnivorous animals and also I think there is a huge diff between a human having cranial capacity of 1600 and animals who live in the jungle. I don't want to stop people from having meat as I myself am a non-veg, but brutally killing thousands of innocent beings, is that right?

@sukhi, they cut them into pieces?
Almost all the devi temples in Nepal conduct the sacrifies. Its like a must over her.

Samana, I totally agree! Just because animals kill each other, doesn't mean we should too! 
Why do we distinguish ourselves as the species with the brains?! 

I am vegetarian, by upbringing and by choice,  BUT I do not judge people who are not. 

The needless killing of animals is something we must *all* be concerned about. It's not about our personal food choices.
Edited by narangi_77 - 11 years ago
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

One thing I have always wondered did Mahakaali actually wanted these sacrifices? She killed the demons, who were troubling the world, neve an innocent animal. She can be pleased with Sattwik bhakti & upasana also. Such practise of animal sacrifice has to be stopped. That's possible only with changed minds. 

she will even be happy if u give her flowers and offer her prasaad.
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
^^^^ But that was the point, no?  The prasad doesn't always have to be fruits, or sweets, or things of that sort - it can be cooked meat as well.  Granted that most temples don't do it or allow it, but that doesn't mean that originally, the tradition wasn't there.  Kichu kichu jayga shei parampara ta rakhey.

The ceremonial/ritual slaughter of animals - if it can be done painlessly for the animals - I'm not against it.
sukhi... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@ Vrish...i dont knw abt other temples bt ami shunechi je Bagala mandire hilsa fish bhoge dewa hoy...
and abt the slaughtering of animals m totaly against i thing in this case only the temples administrators and the gov can take necessary steps from preventing this...