-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
This is what happens when I get bored from studying :)

"Madhu!! Finally!" Trishna yelled into her phone with a sigh of relief.

"Hello?" Madhu was confused. She didn't know why her sister had called her at this time, because shouldn't Trishna be at her audition right now with Roma Aunty? She could swear Trishna had been talking non-stop about her audition.

"Madhu! I need you to do me a favour."

"Aren't you supposed to be at your audition?"

"I am at the audition but RK isn't here yet. But before that, I forgot my monologue at home! And I really, really, really need that."

"Are you serious?" Madhu couldn't help but role her eyes. Her sister forgot many things but this was the first time she forgot her monologue which she had specifically prepared for the audition.

"Please Madhu? I really need it. I think I remember the lines but I still need to be sure. Can you please bring it to me?"

Madhubala sighed before finally giving in and saying yes. "Okay fine but I need to know where the auditions are being held."

Madhubala walked around the house to Trishna's room to look for the monologue with her phone held tightly to one ear and Trishna muttering the name of some building. "Found it!" Madhu yelled into the phone.

"Found what?"

"The monologue. I assumed that in order for me to come and give you your monologue, I'd have to find it first and I did. So I'll be there in I don't know when since I have no clue how much time it takes to get there."

"About 30 minutes."

"Half and hour."

"30 minutes."

"Isn't it the same thing Trish?"

"But half and hour sounds longer than 30 minutes."

Madhubala rolled her eyes. No matter what Trish's antics were, she loved her sister very much. Madhu quickly grabbed her bag from her room and went to go fetch a auto rickshaw for herself.

While travelling, Madhu enjoyed the roads she had seen all the too many times and smiled at everything. She loved Mumbai, her city. The city of dreams as some people called it. She loved everything about Mumbai and she never thought she'd get tired of it. Never in time would a moment come where she'd walk away from her city or leave. She was born here, and she'd live here, grow old here too.

The auto rickshaw stopped and Madhubala looked up to see a huge theatre building where Trishna's audition was being held. Madhubala thanked the auto rickshaw driver, paid him his due of the money and walked into the building. She looked around for some kind of person to ask which way she can take to go for the auditions of RK's new actress.

While wandering around the building with no idea which way to go, or which way to take, Madhu came upon 2 people wearing tags on their shirts saying 'crew' and decided to approach them. Too bad she didn't have a cell phone or else she could have contacted Trishna easily and handed her the monologue.

"Hi,"

The people barely looked at Madhu while she spoke, and instead were busy discussing something among themselves.

"Hello?" Madhu tried again but in vain. One girl looked over and held her finger up for Madhu as if to say 'one minute' before going back and chatting with her partner again.

"Excuse me, I just have a quick question." Madhu finally said, suddenly fed up of being ignored. Yes, she could understand that they were busy talking, but it was no reason to ignore someone else.

"Yes? Can you please hold on for a moment? Can't you see we are talking?" The lady who had held up her finger turned to look at Madhu.

"I am sorry, but you were being rude."

"Excuse me? Who are you to say that I was being rude?"

"You were. I am standing here, politely, and you don't even notice me? You know, if you had even one minute to turn and look towards me, I'd have been out of your sight, finished whatever I had come here to do and on my way home already don't you?"

"What do you need?"

"Where are the auditions for RK's next movie's actress being held?"

"The main theatre hall, straight up and then take a left."

"Thank you and see? That didn't even take a minute and here I was standing here for 5 minutes, waiting till you'd finally listen to me."

Madhubala left the lady alone and started to follow the directions the lady had given her. Straight up and towards the left. Simple as that.

Madhubala entered the main theatre hall to see Trishna waiting there, with her hands holding tightly to her phone.

"Trishna!" Madhu called and walked towards her. Trishna ran to Madhubala and gave Madhu a tight hug.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much Madhu! You saved my life!" Madhu had never heard Trishna be this grateful to her.

"Your welcome." Madhu smiled at Trishna. "Okay, so I shall get going now and you should practice before the auditions start."

"No! Why don't you stay? You can also see how I do."

"Trishna, I don't think I should. You know how I don't like being around the film fraternity."

"Madhu! Please, stay for me."

Madhu pondered over the fact for a while before finally giving in and saying "yes".

It was almost 2pm when the casting director of the film finally decided to show up and until then, many other girls had shown up to give their audition to star in RK's next film. Trishna started to worry about her audition realizing she'd have so much competition to face.

"Okay girls, I am going to be calling you guys up one by one and you can give us your monologue audition. RK will be here any minute too, so be ready and good luck to every and each one of you. May the best girl win."

Madhu closed her eyes and hoped the best for her sister. After all, her dream was to see her sister's dreams come true. And she really hoped, that today would be a step in that direction.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Nicely penned down!!

Madhu being the world's best sister would do practically anything for Trishna... Koi Shak??

I adore how family oriented and caring she's been portrayed till now... and do continue I'd like to read your version of Madhubala's audition... I meant Trishna's audition...
.Lilith. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hoping sumthing like this happens 😃...nice 1
bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome dear...

I really want to read further wht wud happen in auditions in ur POV
-Nia04- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it was beautiful n i think u should write more,,
but after exams,,
prema_ks thumbnail
When can we expect next part?
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nicely put... will there be some more gibberish 
.ramya-gurtian. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
its beautifully written 😊
madhu is the best 😃
mysteriousmilli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome one...
very well written...
anji-mira thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
shifali, i must congratulate you for nice write up,  and   at the same time, you are doing great job as moderator of this page👏