Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoDee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Lovely updates... Very good writing by both of you..
Eagerly waiting for next update..
Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: aarch

Lovely updates... Very good writing by both of you..
Eagerly waiting for next update..

next update will be out soon...am crossing my fingers on this one...touching the medical side of AshNi and the chapter has become quite long...hope you readers don't get bored.. 

thank you for all the encouragement.
Suvika. thumbnail
Hi Everyone..its my turn now and here is Chapter 16 for you...Enjoy!

Ashu gave Baba a puzzled look. Whats happened? Why is baba behaving like this? Without another word, he opens the file and starts reading it. After the first few sentences, his face becomes blank, all the expression wiped off. He keeps reading page after page of this and all the while Baba is sitting in front of him trying to guess whats going on in his head. Once he completes going through everything, he stares at nothing as if collecting his thoughts. Everything has begun to make a mad kind of sense now. He never knew a person could sink so low and wondered if Mallika herself would ever realize just how low she has sunk herself. Being a doctor, being a human being she didn't hesitate in being the cause of possible death to Col.Verma. for the first time, he understood Armaan's words – "you can never be sure of these hysterical possessive kind of females."

Then he asks Baba who gave him the file. He says "Col. Verma came to me early this morning. He had investigated what had gone wrong in his business and all this came out along with that. I didn't know whether to show this to you or not coz I know how much you value your friendship with Mallika. But after your physio session today, the way you were interacting with her in front of Nidhi, I didn't like it. I am not comfortable with any thing that hurts Nidhi. I know I was the one who initially wished that Mallika would make a great life partner for you and God know what made me say something like that in the first place! That too in front of Nidhi's DB. I am deeply ashamed of myself. I can only thank God my naathin didn't hear me saying that to DB. Nidhi is the bahu of this house and now I can't imagine anyone else in her place. But now listen to me Ashutosh, I understand that Mallika is going through a bad phase in her life now. And as a friend you want to help her, but in that process if Nidhi gets hurt, I WILL NOT tolerate it. I will take my naathin and leave this house if that happens.

Ashu looks up at that. "No Baba..neither of you will go anywhere. You will not leave me a second time. You hear that Baba. You cannot leave me or this house. As for Nidhi, no matter what she stays with me. Leaving me is not a choice that she has. I will take anything that she dishes out but she won't go anywhere. Now the matter of Mallika, I have my own doubts about her which is why I am trying to get her to talk. This matter about the house only strengthens my suspicions."

Baba feels a bit relieved and reassured by his words. "but Beta, did you discuss what you are doing with Nidhi? She would understand if you talk to her. She is young but mature enough to grasp all this and that way she needn't get hurt either." That's precisely why I don't want to tell her Baba. She is very impulsive and very "in the face" kind of person. She suffered quietly when she had to break off things with me before coz that was her Baba asking her to do it. She was dying inside but kept quiet. But this is different. If I tell her all this, she'll come with some crazy idea which might push Mallika over the edge and cause some physical harm to Nidhi. And I don't want that. I have to do this my way."

Dr Mathur, being a doctor understood what Ashutosh was leaving unsaid here. So he nods his head and tells him to be careful. He was about to open the door when Ashu says he wants to talk to Col.Verma. he takes out his phone and calls his father-in-law's number.

CV – Hello Dr Ashutosh, how are you? Nidhi told me that your physio has started.

Ashu - I am doing good sir. I am sorry I missed out on meeting you this morning when you came to our house.

CV -  no no that's ok. I just wanted to meet your Baba and discuss a few things.

Ashu -  I know sir. I know what you came to discuss and I can understand why you hesitated to come to me with this issue.

CV – No Dr Ashutosh its nothing like that.

Ashu – sir, I know what happened. And I promise you I will take care of your daughter. I know its very difficult for you to consider and accept me as your son in law. But Nidhi is my wife now and she is and always will be my first priority.

CV – Dr Ashutosh, I accept the fact that I was against your marriage. But I do realize that no one can control destiny. As long as you are there for her, she doesn't need anything. Its not that she doesn't mind the difference in your ages, its that it never mattered to her. And that's was the deciding factor for me. You are really taken a great burden off my mind and I am proud of my daughter's selection of her life partner.

Ashu for a second couldn't respond to that statement. He was embarrassed and felt proud too. In the end he just said "thank you sir."

CV – why do you keep calling me "sir" Dr Ashutosh? I am your father in law. If you don't mind, you also can call me Baba like Nidhi does.

Ashu – ok…Baba! But in return please call me "Ashutosh"..i am your son in law, right? There was a slight smile and hesitancy in his voice.

Both of them took leave of each other and felt better after the talk. Ashu thought to himself – "I was all alone in my fortress for so long. A butterfly slips through and turns my world on its head. Now not only I have a wife, but also a whole family." He smilingly shakes his head.

Meanwhile Nidhi is doing her usual round at JS. There is a post operative patient who had undergone brain surgery and needs his meds at regular intervals. she goes to administer that sees that the medicine is over and rights a prescription to get a new one. the helper at JS comes back saying that that particular one was not available so he got another one of the same type from a different company. As it was already late for the med dose, Nidhi gives the injection to the patient. 10 mins later the helper coming running and says the patient is not well. Nidhi goes running and sees rashes all over the patient and he was puking and getting very agitated. He was pushing away whoever was trying to hold him down. Such behaviour after immediate major surgery could cause severe damage and pushes Nidhi into panic mode. With shaking fingers she calls Ashu.

Ashu – hi Nidhi..

Nidhi – Dr Ashutosh!! Help! He tenses up at her tone.

Ashu – whats wrong Nidhi? You ok?

Nidhi -  Dr Ashutosh one of the patients here is not well..he just got discharged after brain surgery and is having some kind of attack.

At this, the doctor in Ashu takes over. His voice becomes extremely calm and confident.

Ashu – ok Nidhi..stop! stop panicking. Take a deep breath. Now answer my questions. When was the surgery and when was he discharged? Nidhi gives him the details.

Ashu – ok what was the drug prescribed? She gives out the name

When did you inject it?

Nidhi – 15 mins back

Ashu – the same prescribed drug? Are you sure?

Nidhi – no. that was not available and they gave a replacement.

Ashu controls his temper with difficulty. Now is not the time to shout at her. A life is at stake.

Ashu – ok. Listen carefully Nidhi. The drug you have given has an additional component to which the patient must be allergic to. First you need to give him a sedative and calm him down. He MUST NOT get agitated. His sutures are still on and the pressure is not good at this pt. once he is calm, call an ambulance and take him to KGH. I will talk to Ranganath and get things going there in the mean time. The resident surgeon will take over.

Nidhi does as he says and accompanies the patient to KGH where the whole team takes over and the danger was past. Once the patient is shifted to the room and Nidhi heads home its well past dinner time. As soon as she enters home, she finds Ashu sitting in the hall in his wheelchair. She asks if he had his dinner. He doesn't reply. He is boiling mad over the way Nidhi had handled the case.

Ashu – yes Nidhi, I had stomach full of food knowing that due to your negligence a patient could die and there wasn't anything I could do to help.

Nidhi knows her mistake is not a small one so she keeps quiet and bows her head.

Ashu – how could you do something so stupid Nidhi? You thought the surgeon who gave the med is an idiot and its ok to change it? Why are you always in such a hurry? That has always been your problem. You see something and want to do it the next second. No thinking things through. What would you have done if the drug was lethal?

Mallika walks in during this and gives herself a little smile. She wouldn't have done something so stupid. And Nidhi walked into this one all by herself without any interference from her. Now her Ashu will realize the difference between her immaturity and my maturity. Nidhi knows Mallika is looking at her and knows what she must be thinking. But this was not the time for rising to bait.

Nidhi – I am really sorry Dr Ashutosh. I know what I did today was stupid. Being an MBBS doctor I shouldn't have taken it on myself to change the drug without consulting the surgeon. It won't happen again. I swear. But what do I do? The Dean at KGH was a great one and he taught me lot of things. But due to lots of reasons I couldn't complete my internship under him and before I could ask him to take me as his intern again, he met with an accident. I am just waiting for him to be back on his feet again so that I can become his shadow again at KGH and complete my course.

Hearing that, the whole atmosphere lightens a little. Ashu wanted to be mad at her. It was such a close disaster that got averted. But a tiny smile slips through his lips at her words. He again puts on a serious face and says, "ok ok now go eat something and rest for a bit. Then you need to get back to KGH and stay with the patient." Nidhi smiles at that and moves away but turns back to him and says, "since your stomach is so full, may be you can sit and keep me company for a while?" Ashu nods his head as he knows she is going to eat and make him eat too.

Baba hears all this discussion and comes to Ashu – "Beta, why don't you ask Nidhi if she wants to complete her internship and may be study MS too. You yourself said she is a good doctor and you are there to guide and help her."

Ashu thinks of his knee and all that's happening at home with Mallika and says, "yes baba. But let me get back on my feet first. For now, let her continue this. That way she can take care of Mallika and me and at the same time work with flexible timings. She is crazy about kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to do paediatrics."

Mallika thinks to herself, "she wants to become a child doctor, huh!! I'll make sure she is out of my Ashutosh's life first and then she can become whatever she wants and he wants HER to take care of me? I will take care of HER from now on. Just wait and watch!"

Comments welcome!!! 😊

Libra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: turags

Hi Everyone..its my turn now and here is Chapter 16 for you...Enjoy!

Ashu gave Baba a puzzled look. Whats happened? Why is baba behaving like this? Without another word, he opens the file and starts reading it. After the first few sentences, his face becomes blank, all the expression wiped off. He keeps reading page after page of this and all the while Baba is sitting in front of him trying to guess whats going on in his head. Once he completes going through everything, he stares at nothing as if collecting his thoughts. Everything has begun to make a mad kind of sense now. He never knew a person could sink so low and wondered if Mallika herself would ever realize just how low she has sunk herself. Being a doctor, being a human being she didn't hesitate in being the cause of possible death to Col.Verma. for the first time, he understood Armaan's words ' "you can never be sure of these hysterical possessive kind of females."

Then he asks Baba who gave him the file. He says "Col. Verma came to me early this morning. He had investigated what had gone wrong in his business and all this came out along with that. I didn't know whether to show this to you or not coz I know how much you value your friendship with Mallika. But after your physio session today, the way you were interacting with her in front of Nidhi, I didn't like it. I am not comfortable with any thing that hurts Nidhi. I know I was the one who initially wished that Mallika would make a great life partner for you and God know what made me say something like that in the first place! That too in front of Nidhi's DB. I am deeply ashamed of myself. I can only thank God my naathin didn't hear me saying that to DB. Nidhi is the bahu of this house and now I can't imagine anyone else in her place. But now listen to me Ashutosh, I understand that Mallika is going through a bad phase in her life now. And as a friend you want to help her, but in that process if Nidhi gets hurt, I WILL NOT tolerate it. I will take my naathin and leave this house if that happens.

Ashu looks up at that. "No Baba..neither of you will go anywhere. You will not leave me a second time. You hear that Baba. You cannot leave me or this house. As for Nidhi, no matter what she stays with me. Leaving me is not a choice that she has. I will take anything that she dishes out but she won't go anywhere. Now the matter of Mallika, I have my own doubts about her which is why I am trying to get her to talk. This matter about the house only strengthens my suspicions."

Baba feels a bit relieved and reassured by his words. "but Beta, did you discuss what you are doing with Nidhi? She would understand if you talk to her. She is young but mature enough to grasp all this and that way she needn't get hurt either." That's precisely why I don't want to tell her Baba. She is very impulsive and very "in the face" kind of person. She suffered quietly when she had to break off things with me before coz that was her Baba asking her to do it. She was dying inside but kept quiet. But this is different. If I tell her all this, she'll come with some crazy idea which might push Mallika over the edge and cause some physical harm to Nidhi. And I don't want that. I have to do this my way."

Dr Mathur, being a doctor understood what Ashutosh was leaving unsaid here. So he nods his head and tells him to be careful. He was about to open the door when Ashu says he wants to talk to Col.Verma. he takes out his phone and calls his father-in-law's number.

CV ' Hello Dr Ashutosh, how are you? Nidhi told me that your physio has started.

Ashu - I am doing good sir. I am sorry I missed out on meeting you this morning when you came to our house.

CV -  no no that's ok. I just wanted to meet your Baba and discuss a few things.

Ashu -  I know sir. I know what you came to discuss and I can understand why you hesitated to come to me with this issue.

CV ' No Dr Ashutosh its nothing like that.

Ashu ' sir, I know what happened. And I promise you I will take care of your daughter. I know its very difficult for you to consider and accept me as your son in law. But Nidhi is my wife now and she is and always will be my first priority.

CV ' Dr Ashutosh, I accept the fact that I was against your marriage. But I do realize that no one can control destiny. As long as you are there for her, she doesn't need anything. Its not that she doesn't mind the difference in your ages, its that it never mattered to her. And that's was the deciding factor for me. You are really taken a great burden off my mind and I am proud of my daughter's selection of her life partner.

Ashu for a second couldn't respond to that statement. He was embarrassed and felt proud too. In the end he just said "thank you sir."

CV ' why do you keep calling me "sir" Dr Ashutosh? I am your father in law. If you don't mind, you also can call me Baba like Nidhi does.

Ashu ' ok'Baba! But in return please call me "Ashutosh"..i am your son in law, right? There was a slight smile and hesitancy in his voice.

Both of them took leave of each other and felt better after the talk. Ashu thought to himself ' "I was all alone in my fortress for so long. A butterfly slips through and turns my world on its head. Now not only I have a wife, but also a whole family." He smilingly shakes his head.

Meanwhile Nidhi is doing her usual round at JS. There is a post operative patient who had undergone brain surgery and needs his meds at regular intervals. she goes to administer that sees that the medicine is over and rights a prescription to get a new one. the helper at JS comes back saying that that particular one was not available so he got another one of the same type from a different company. As it was already late for the med dose, Nidhi gives the injection to the patient. 10 mins later the helper coming running and says the patient is not well. Nidhi goes running and sees rashes all over the patient and he was puking and getting very agitated. He was pushing away whoever was trying to hold him down. Such behaviour after immediate major surgery could cause severe damage and pushes Nidhi into panic mode. With shaking fingers she calls Ashu.

Ashu ' hi Nidhi..

Nidhi ' Dr Ashutosh!! Help! He tenses up at her tone.

Ashu ' whats wrong Nidhi? You ok?

Nidhi -  Dr Ashutosh one of the patients here is not well..he just got discharged after brain surgery and is having some kind of attack.

At this, the doctor in Ashu takes over. His voice becomes extremely calm and confident.

Ashu ' ok Nidhi..stop! stop panicking. Take a deep breath. Now answer my questions. When was the surgery and when was he discharged? Nidhi gives him the details.

Ashu ' ok what was the drug prescribed? She gives out the name

When did you inject it?

Nidhi ' 15 mins back

Ashu ' the same prescribed drug? Are you sure?

Nidhi ' no. that was not available and they gave a replacement.

Ashu controls his temper with difficulty. Now is not the time to shout at her. A life is at stake.

Ashu ' ok. Listen carefully Nidhi. The drug you have given has an additional component to which the patient must be allergic to. First you need to give him a sedative and calm him down. He MUST NOT get agitated. His sutures are still on and the pressure is not good at this pt. once he is calm, call an ambulance and take him to KGH. I will talk to Ranganath and get things going there in the mean time. The resident surgeon will take over.

Nidhi does as he says and accompanies the patient to KGH where the whole team takes over and the danger was past. Once the patient is shifted to the room and Nidhi heads home its well past dinner time. As soon as she enters home, she finds Ashu sitting in the hall in his wheelchair. She asks if he had his dinner. He doesn't reply. He is boiling mad over the way Nidhi had handled the case.

Ashu ' yes Nidhi, I had stomach full of food knowing that due to your negligence a patient could die and there wasn't anything I could do to help.

Nidhi knows her mistake is not a small one so she keeps quiet and bows her head.

Ashu ' how could you do something so stupid Nidhi? You thought the surgeon who gave the med is an idiot and its ok to change it? Why are you always in such a hurry? That has always been your problem. You see something and want to do it the next second. No thinking things through. What would you have done if the drug was lethal?

Mallika walks in during this and gives herself a little smile. She wouldn't have done something so stupid. And Nidhi walked into this one all by herself without any interference from her. Now her Ashu will realize the difference between her immaturity and my maturity. Nidhi knows Mallika is looking at her and knows what she must be thinking. But this was not the time for rising to bait.

Nidhi ' I am really sorry Dr Ashutosh. I know what I did today was stupid. Being an MBBS doctor I shouldn't have taken it on myself to change the drug without consulting the surgeon. It won't happen again. I swear. But what do I do? The Dean at KGH was a great one and he taught me lot of things. But due to lots of reasons I couldn't complete my internship under him and before I could ask him to take me as his intern again, he met with an accident. I am just waiting for him to be back on his feet again so that I can become his shadow again at KGH and complete my course.

Hearing that, the whole atmosphere lightens a little. Ashu wanted to be mad at her. It was such a close disaster that got averted. But a tiny smile slips through his lips at her words. He again puts on a serious face and says, "ok ok now go eat something and rest for a bit. Then you need to get back to KGH and stay with the patient." Nidhi smiles at that and moves away but turns back to him and says, "since your stomach is so full, may be you can sit and keep me company for a while?" Ashu nods his head as he knows she is going to eat and make him eat too.

Baba hears all this discussion and comes to Ashu ' "Beta, why don't you ask Nidhi if she wants to complete her internship and may be study MS too. You yourself said she is a good doctor and you are there to guide and help her."

Ashu thinks of his knee and all that's happening at home with Mallika and says, "yes baba. But let me get back on my feet first. For now, let her continue this. That way she can take care of Mallika and me and at the same time work with flexible timings. She is crazy about kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to do paediatrics."

Mallika thinks to herself, "she wants to become a child doctor, huh!! I'll make sure she is out of my Ashutosh's life first and then she can become whatever she wants and he wants HER to take care of me? I will take care of HER from now on. Just wait and watch!"

Comments welcome!!! 😊

this is excellent, Sujatha, I don't think I'll be able to do justice to this.👏
Libra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Sujatha.rao

Libra, that was quite lovely...

I think this has become a wonderful jugalbandhi...look forward to what Suja has to offer next...am going to be travelling...will miss your updates for the next few days...look forward to catching them when I am back!

we will miss you. Safe journey. And thank you.
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Chapter 16...

Superb update dear...
Flow of story is so smooth and interesting...
Loved the way Nidhi says she wants to rejoin KGH and continue her internship...
BTW 'our own KTLK' is so refreshing and  interesting that I want to keep reading it...
Pls update soon...

Suvika. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mehek25

Chapter 16...

Superb update dear...
Flow of story is so smooth and interesting...
Loved the way Nidhi says she wants to rejoin KGH and continue her internship...
BTW 'our own KTLK' is so refreshing and  interesting that I want to keep reading it...
Pls update soon...

thank you Mehek..now we have to wait and see how Libra takes it fwd in her next chapter...😊
alkaparmar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
for me Dr Ashutosh[brain surgeon]is back as a heart stone[draging on nidhi] so he cant tolerate any negligenace towards patient whether she is nidhi or anyone else.glad to see ashu as this.turgs and libra,you are going right way i wanted to read this type of story.i am very very happy with this track.i can imagine your each and every incident thank you so much and keep writing👏👏 
Suvika. thumbnail

Originally posted by: alkaparmar

for me Dr Ashutosh[brain surgeon]is back as a heart stone[draging on nidhi] so he cant tolerate any negligenace towards patient whether she is nidhi or anyone else.glad to see ashu as this.turgs and libra,you are going right way i wanted to read this type of story.i am very very happy with this track.i can imagine your each and every incident thank you so much and keep writing👏👏 

thanks Alka..both of us, like you, couldn't let the doctors in Ashutosh and Nidhi die...i realize that most of this is probably being shot on the home front coz of SK's knee issue..but if the KTLK team put their minds to it, the same sequence of events could be shown with sensitivity...😊 
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Libra awaiting the next chapter...pl. tell when u will update - in how many hours?