Sudeep debuts in Kollywood with Naan Ee

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago

'SOUTH FILMS ARE MONEY SPINNERS'

… says Kannada star Sudeep as he debuts in Kollywood with Naan Ee

Sunayana Suresh

"It was the excitement of being considered of doing something new and challenging that made me say yes to Naan Ee," says Sudeep, who will make his debut in Tamil with the SS Rajamouli-directed film. "The genre was such that it made the film unique," he says, adding, "And that fact that makers like Anurag Kashyap are advocating the film is proof that Bollywood is looking seriously at the south. Southern films, which were seen as loud, are now looked as moneyspinners there." With regards to his moving outside Sandalwood, Sudeep says, "I think the credit goes to Ram Gopal Varma. It was he who gave me Rann, the film that got me this film. I find it great that someone considered me as worthy to be part of such a path-breaking script. This shows that cinema
    is not limited regionally and is universal. Sudeep, who has reprised Vikram's role in Kannada for Sethu, is today referred to as Kiccha Sudeep post the film. But will he do another Kollywood film? He replies, "I will not take a flight and come here just because I have a few offers. If I get something novel and challenging, then I will definitely consider it. I am comfortable with my position in Sandalwood, but I am game to step out for interesting roles. I believe it is my sincerity to my profession that has fetched me these bonuses."
    He adds, "I have loved watching Tamil films, I think Chennai and Bangalore have always shared a symbiotic relationship when it comes to scripts and actors. I feel welcome already that my debut effort has generated positive interest."

Sudeep

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SweetyGreen thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏

Welcome new villain Sudeep..😉