Reshmi Ghosh aka new bhoomi - Interview

honeylime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
"Television offers more security than films"
'

She's the pretty damsel from Kolkata who made it big seven years as a Miss India Finalist and has hit the jackpot yet again with a plum Balaji assignment in her kitty. Reshmi Ghosh is the chosen one to play the spoilt brat cum tomboy-- Bhumi (daughter of Karan and Tanya) in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi's leap which ushers in the future Virani family. Reshmi has done it all from modeling to acting in films to now testing waters with television.
Kavita Shyam caught up with the bengali beauty…

I, Me Myself….
I am from a simple family from Kolkata and had harboured ambitions of making it big in the glamour field. I had entered the Miss India contest and fortunately

happened to win the same in 2002. Prior to that I was already into ramp modeling, so offers kept pouring in.

Projects…
I have done a Bengali film Amar Mayer Shompoti and also have done a cameo in Konkona Sen Sharma's first film. I have done many telefilms in Kolkata and I have acted in yet to be released film Tumse Milkar and a period drama based on Sevasadan besides I have done two music albums also. In Kyunki... I play this girl who has loads of attitude and is blunt to the core so I am looking forward to playing Bhumi.

Working with Balaji…
Balaji is the best production house to work with and I am happy that Ekta who selected me for the role of Bhumi. I had to audition for the role but Ekta had initially thought of me for some other role for some other show but later she thought I fitted Bhumi's role better. Television is much more secured as compared to films and I am under a three year contract with Balaji so maybe after a few years will become a grandmother in the show.

Co-actors…

The entire unit from the make-up guys to the senior actors have all helped me immensely. I think I get along tremendously with Krishna Tulsi probably because of the Bengali connection.

Homework for the role…
I watched films like Cruel Intention to observe the negative characters in the film besides which I am also writing details about my character so that I can prepare in advance for it.

Personal life…
Marriage is definitely on the cards. He's a a family friend's son. So, it's going to be an arranged marriage and will probably happen next year.
I would love to do another Balaji show but for now I will continue modeling.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
see she looks nice in this pic yaar and so sweet as well
thanks for the article
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
ya reshmi is looking cool, Bengal beauty. thanx for sharing.
Chandani02cr thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Does that mean, Bhumi's character is going to have grey shade because Reshmi said she had to watch films like Cruel Intention 😡 to observe the negative characters in the film. She looks too sweet to do a negative role. 😆
towhid thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanx for sharing. And yeah she is too sweet to do negative role but i think she'll first be negative and then she'll change later. And ohh is there anybody here from Bangladesh?? This new Bhoomi is the same girl who did the ad of RC cola with Ferdaus "Tomar jonnyo morte pari". Yayye i'm gonna luv kyunki more after leap 😃 😃