bharathy thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kanchi Kaul

Transcript of LIVE INDIATIMES CHAT with TV actress, Kanchi Kaul at 12 noon (IST) on Monday, January 9 2006, in Mumbai

Kanchi Kaul
TV actress

"Mumbai is a great place to work. One can always come to the city for a short while and try his luck. But don't leave the family for anything"

Miti > Good afternoon Kanchi. I have not seen any girl before who is so cute and sweet as you. All the best for your future. Right now, I am acting in Kannada serials. I want to come to Mumbai. Your suggestions?
Kanchi Kaul > Don't leave your family for anything. Mumbai is a great place to work. You can always come for a short while and try your luck. I am sure something will work out. All the best, and thanks for the compliment.

Nina > Is it true that you were paid 75000 rupees for a soap ad when you were just 14? How did you manage it? You must have been relatively unknown then?
Kanchi Kaul > Yes it is true. Basically, a girl from the production house told my dad that we could quote so much (price) since we had absolutely no idea. It was very sweet of her to guide us.

Sona > If not a TV actress what would you be?
Kanchi Kaul > I have studied micro biology and was planning to do my bio genetics. And as a hobby, I was modelling on the side, while studying. Things started getting better on the modelling front, so I opted for acting/modelling.

Ajay > How did you get your first break on TV?
Kanchi Kaul > I was already well known in the industry by my ads and south films. My first TV serial is Ek Ladki Anjaani. As I was known in the industry, I got a call (from the production house) because they thought I suited the role.

Hhrsss > Are you doing any movies?
Kanchi Kaul > nchi Kaul > No, none right now. But I plan to if and when I get something really good.

Ankur4uin > You are doing a good job.
Kanchi Kaul > Thank you so much. It's a lot of hard work and I am trying my best to keep doing better. I hope it works.

Rolie > Why did you do a film like Woh Tera Naam Tha that had such an unknown star cast? Was it to get a foothold in Bollywood? Any regrets for having done such a film?
Kanchi Kaul > Everyone makes mistakes and that was my mistake. I did it because the set up that was told was very good, but certain problems took place during the making of the film due to which the story entirely changed, and was no more that appealing. No regrets, as one always learns from mistakes.

Lotus > Hi Kanchi, tell us about your school. Where are you from?
Kanchi Kaul > I studied in St. Joseph's school, Mumbai. I have lived here all my life. I went to Jaihind college (Mumbai). I am a Kashmiri.

Bacha > Kanchi Didi, you look so cute. I am your biggest fan. Are you interested in Bollywood also? If given a chance, will you work with Shahrukh Khan or Aamir Khan.
Kanchi Kaul > Thanks for the compliment. I would love to work with both, that is anyone's dream come true. So, hopefully sometime soon.

Ajay > How is it working with Shakti Anand?
Kanchi Kaul > Initially, he is a very quiet person. But ever since I told his wife Sai that he didn't talk much. I feel things are much better now. I think he is a great guy and we share a wonderful working relationship.

Dreamy > If TV had not happened to you, don't you think you would have still been unknown? How has Ek Ladki Anjaani Si changed things for you? By fame I mean popularity of a star; mass fame. It's different from being known in a circle/industry.
Kanchi Kaul > Ek Ladki Anjaani Si has definetly given me mass fame. And I am loving it. I hope it continues to grow.

Ankur4uin > Kanchi, can we see you in some more serials?
Kanchi Kaul > Sure. But right now, since my current TV serial has just started and I play the central character, it's almost impossible for me to sign on another central character for any another show, as it is very time consuming.

Miti > When is your birthday?
Kanchi Kaul > 24th of May.

Kanch > How do you people know you - Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (ELAS)or Kanchi Kaul?
Kanchi Kaul > Until now, as both. So that's nice; I don't lose my over all identity.

Ajay > Have you ever come across a director who insisted that you compromise (well, casting couch)?
Kanchi Kaul > Thankfully not. I think I have been lucky by always meeting good people. I guess it's also the way one presents herself or him self and how desperate you are for work.

Ajay > Would you like to be a part of a never ending series of saas-bahu soaps? Well, you have a beautiful smile.
Kanchi Kaul > Thank . As of now, I don't think I would do that because it's very boring according to me.

Subhasis > Well Kanchi, just wanna say one line to you "You are soooo cute." I just love your work in ELAS. Good job buddy. Keep up your good work. It's nice to see a fresh face on the screen after a whole day of stress. You are indeed a treat to watch on the screen. Good luck for the future. Wish you do well in your future.
Kanchi Kaul > Hi, thank you for all those compliments. It motivates me to work harder and I thank god for the for the face I have.

Moca > What do you think of this trend in TV these days where all concepts are copied. Jassi... was a copy and so is Ek Ladki Anjaani Si ?
Kanchi Kaul > The channel buys the rights to these shows since it's their main earning time slot it's fair enough that they want to make sure it works. These shows have proved to have a good success ratio in several countries. It's only obvious that it makes a good business proposition and therefore, good entertainment for the viewers.

Ladki > With so many new films and faces in TV now how are you going to beat the competition with other actresses?
Kanchi Kaul > I think the show has a good concept and everyone doing such a good job and working so hard. I am in competition with my self and if I am entertaining (viewers) then I am sure people will want to watch me.

Miti > I think you make friends easily and your friends like to spend time with you.
Kanchi Kaul > So true...

Ankur4uin > Kanchi, do you believe in destiny?
Kanchi Kaul > Yes, I do. You can probably alter the destiny a little bit, but the rest is written.

Bacha > Kanchi didi, I have heard that new comers (in TV serials) are ragged by their seniors. I heard that 'tulsi' aunty (Smriti Irani) expects newcomers to touch her feet. Is all this true?
Kanchi Kaul > It's a total crap. Nothing of this happens. Everyone is treated well.

Lucky > Kanch what is your dream?
Kanchi Kaul > My dream is to see that my family is always happy and proud of me ...

Sign Off Message > Thanks guys for logging in and asking me these wonderful questions. I loved chatting with all of you. Hopefully, will get to chat once again with you soon. Thanks. My email ad is [email protected]

😊enjoy😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reepz thumbnail
wow thanks alot for sharing the chat transcript πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜›
A r y a n thumbnail
OMG thank u soo much πŸ˜ƒ Kanchi is soooo cute πŸ˜›

Aryan
A r y a n thumbnail
I've got Kanchi's e-mail address,I've got Kanchi's e-mail address wohoooooooo πŸ˜ƒ I'm soooo happy 2day πŸ˜ƒ I've got my wife's e-mail address 😳 πŸ˜† Thanks once again 4 posting the transcript πŸ˜ƒ Kanchi answered all the questions so well πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Aryan
reepz thumbnail
haha aryan bro now we can get in contact with kanchi n organise a interview at telly chaska thing πŸ˜›