Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

azk92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: nandinimp

yeah it does look like the two of them love to keep us guessing as to what dhamaka  they are going to entertain us with... but am totally loving the different aspects of Ram that we get to see in the FFs and OSs. Kaash the idiot CVs made an attempt to think like the brilliant souls here... what say angie??

but amby, bettter update soon and relieve us of the tension yaar...

LOL Punya you're so funny.. 

Thanks girl!! 
Haha the Angie route? just once πŸ˜‰ Don't worry the next update will answer all your questions πŸ˜›

Nands, LOL yeah its true, we like to keep you guys ENTERTAINED! πŸ˜‰ LOL i know im kind of in love with ALL the Rams right now hahaha.. especially mine πŸ˜‰ Updating now! Don't worry, im sure you guys will love it! πŸ˜›
azk92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: maris08

Amby

Wah re wah!
 Kya Baat hai!! if you write like this I will do nothing else but keep waiting for you to updtaae every hour..
The first part's highlight was the Saree selection.. You have draped each and every saree(colors and incidents all)beautifully on Raya..Of course the pregnancy part. that was awesome..

The second part's highlight was seeing Priya's joy oin the nursery..Simply heart warming..
The ending of this part has left me craving for more.. How do you expect me to concentrate on other things? Not good..Carry on please..

LOL thanks Maris!! hahaha can't update every hour but I can try every couple of days! πŸ˜‰

Yeah i wanted the saree part to be a filler but i got a little carried away LOL
And the pregnancy is the highlight of my FF of course because the CVs wont show it so someone has to πŸ˜†

Sorrryyy! Posting the next update right now! Im sure you will liek it! πŸ˜Š

azk92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: fosla

I loved part1 more Amby ;-) oh man, U almost took me to my
Preggy days. Crying was the order of the day! Poor Kk. Loved how
You wrote down their emotions n even the romance before the Naya shuruat:-)
Leaving things unfinished seems to be a popular theme ;-)

Loved it! Can't wait for
The next part! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Thanks for bringing back the old episodes to light! U know which was my least Fav too ;-)

Whoa Preggy Angie? Feeling sorry for the hubby πŸ€£ LOL
of course, the crying LOL.  KK's part was too funny.. loved writing that bit LOL.. actually i had fun writing ALL of it πŸ˜†
Mhmm of course they need romance.  
LOL haha don't worry we'll finish that unfinished business when we come back to the present.. πŸ˜‰

LOL thanks!!
Yup i know which one it was and that part came to my mind when we were talking about ur takes LOL πŸ˜† So had to fix it up in there u know.. the overdue apology from both sides πŸ˜‰

Posting next part! 
azk92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TVserialfreak

Sorry for the late comment  Amby...read both the parts...really loved the way you brought in the old memories of Priya  in the first part😳...Second part was also goodπŸ˜ƒ...awesome stuff...you have created a benchmark for yourself in writing  and try to beat it every time  which is just outstanding πŸ‘...take a bow sister 

Thank you so much Kishore!! 
LOL awww thanks for the amazing compliment! πŸ˜³
azk92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Resham*

Amby never ever commented bt now m forced to, girl, u r absolutely brilliant, to the real, and this is hw I wd hv loved BALH to shape up, Keep on updating, just do me a favour, PM me when u r done

Awww thanks!! πŸ˜Š
I'm so glad you liked it that much to need to comment! 😳 
lol for sure, will PM you with my next update! πŸ˜Š
azk92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: love4raya

awsum awsum awsum!!! cnt find words 4 ur ff..really!! i cnt e1 see the screen properly.. tears still in my eyes... awww!!! those raya momets!!!

Awww!
Im glad you liked it! πŸ˜³
Sorry I made you cry! Hold them in cuz the next one is going to make you overflow! πŸ˜”
azk92 thumbnail
Thank you guys so much for all your lovely comments!!

Sorry I left you hanging at such an important spot.. that was just a bit of revenge for Angie and now Nancy cuz they always keep us hanging at crucial moments LOL..

Anyways, Sorry once again that I could not answer all comments.. But honestly, Ive read and appreciated every single one of them. Thank you soo much once again!

Posting the next part now.  Hold your hearts cuz its a pretty intense one! 

Love you all! πŸ€—  
azk92 thumbnail

Hey guys!

I managed to finish part 13!  Tried to hurry up because I know how impatient and anxious you all are lol. πŸ˜† It's another REALLY long one so posting it in 2 posts again.  Hope you guys like it! Don't forget to like/comment!  

ENJOY!

P.S. if you don't already have tissues nearby, i suggest you get some πŸ˜‰ 

P.P.S. Chitra Di, i tried to make it as real as possible, don't kick me if it's not cuz i know some of the stuff isn't lol.  πŸ˜†

Part 13

*Flashback Continues*

Apeksha, breathing heavy: Ram! Accha hua tum mil gaye.  Ram, Priya ki halat bahut kharaab hai.  Hum iss waqt ambulance mein hai usse hospital le jaa rahe hain.  Tum jaldi se wahan paunch jao.  Hospital airport ke paas mein hi hai.  Aur haan Ram, bahut serious hai.  Jaldi karo. 

Apeksha's words kept replaying over and over again as he sat in a cab, on his way to the hospital.  He had managed to get off the plane just as they were closing the doors.  The gate doors connecting to the airport had already been closed, but seeing his condition and the tears in his eyes, the airport officials let him out.  

Priya heard voices above her.  She couldn't understand what they were saying.  She slowly opened her eyes.  Everything was blurred.  She could faintly see 2 people, playing around with some iv bags and tubes.  She blinked her eyes a few times to clear her vision.  She slowly turned her head to see Krishuji sitting next to her, with tears in her eyes.  

Priya choked out: Maa. 

Priya flinched as she felt the cold fluid running through the IV in her hand.  It hurt too.  Krishuji caressed her hair.

Krishuji: Shh Priya, tum kuch mat bolo iss waqt. 

Priya: Maa' Ram? 

Krishuji: Woh siddha hospital aaraha hai. 

Priya nodded slightly and closed her eyes.  She tried to remember what happened.  All she remembers is sitting on the rocking chair, holding their photo frame to her chest, with tears in her eyes.  She wiped her tears and stood up to put the frame away when all of a sudden, she started getting excruciating abdominal pain.  She remembers screaming for Ram and then everything went black after that.  She doesn't remember what happened after that. 

All of a sudden, the back door of the ambulance swung open and 2 more people were standing there.  They wheeled her out, and into the hospital, with Krishuji following behind them. Apeksha reached a couple of minutes later.  They wheeled Priya into the emergency area and told Apeksha and Krishuji to wait in the waiting area.  They would come inform them as soon as they stabilized her.  

Priya: Raaammm!!!

Apeksha heard Priya scream from the nursery.  She rushed there to see Priya lying on the ground unconscious in a small pool of blood.  The photo frame was a few feet away from her, shattered into pieces. 

Apeksha snapped back to reality when Ram appeared in front of her and started shaking her. 

Ram: Priya kahan hai?  Kya hua usse? 

Apeksha didn't answer him.  She didn't have the heart to tell her brother what she found or what had happened.  She knew it would shatter him.  Ram shook her shoulders harder. 

Ram: Apeksha, batao.  Kya hua? Priya kahan hai.  

Apeksha: Maine usse chillate hue suna, jab main wahan paunchi, tab woh behosh padi thi, aur bahut zyada khoon tha.  Tab hum ne ambulance ko phone kiya aur usse yahaan leke aaye. 

Ram felt his heart stop for a second.  Before he could react or say anything, one of the doctors came to them.  

Doctor: Are you Mr. Kapoor?

Ram: Yes, where is my wife? 

Doctor: Come with me.  (They stopped just outside the room).  Her placenta has detached from the uterus and we are preparing her for an emergency c-section because the baby is still pre-mature and needs to be delivered immediately.  The baby's life is currently in danger. Because of excessive blood loss, her blood pressure and oxygen levels dropped quite a bit, sending her into shock, and endangering her own life.  If the bleeding doesn't stop after the delivery, she won't make it.  She is conscious right now but we don't have any time.  You can see her for a minute before we take her in.  Mr. Kapoor, we might be put in a situation where only one life can be saved.  What would you like us to do in such a situation?

Ram: You have to save them both. 

Doctor: Of course, that is our ultimate goal, but because of the complications, it may not be possible.  Meet with your wife, and I will ask you again before we take her in. 

Ram wipes his tears, and puts on a brave face.  He knows he can't break down in front of Priya right now.  She had told him she felt something was wrong and he was the one who told her nothing would happen.  There was nothing to be afraid of.  And now, he had to make the tough decision between his baby and his wife. He couldn't imagine his life without Priya.  No way.  But losing their child would be the most painful thing right now.  Especially since they had both felt his presence in their lives. 

As soon as he entered the room and saw Priya lying on the bed with IVs in her hand, and an oxygen mask on her face, tears started flooding his eyes again.  Priya's eyes were closed. He came and sat down on the stool next to her bed.  He took her hand in both his and kissed it.  He kept it held up to his lips, with tears dripping onto it.  Not being able to control himself anymore, he put his head down on the bed and starts sobbing.  Priya slowly opened her eyes and turned her head.  She instantly knew it was him from the minute he walked into her room. With her other hand, she moved the oxygen mask off her face so she could talk.  She takes her hand out from his and caresses his hair. 

Priya, chokes out: Ram' 

Ram doesn't answer, but he stops sobbing. 

Priya: Please Ram, meri taraf dekhiye'

He looked up at her.  He knew they didn't have a lot of time together.  These might be the last few moments that he would ever get to spend with her.  All these thoughts were giving him a physical pain.  Priya wiped his tears gently with her hand and shook her head.  

Priya: Aise nahi rote Ram'

Ram: Main tumhe khona nahi chahta Priya. 

She put her hand on his heart. 

Priya: Ram, hamari dhadkanein ek hain, hai na?  Yeh dhadkanein jo kabhi nahi rukegi.  Yeh dhadkanein yahaan se (she points to her own), yahan (placing her hand back on his heart) transfer ho jayegi.  Main hamesha aap ke dil mein zinda rahungi Ram.  Hamesha aap ke bahut kareeb hungi.

Ram puts his fingers on her lips to stop her.  He couldn't stand her talking like this.  Especially when there was now a slight possibility that it might come true.  Priya holds his fingers and kisses them.  She looks into Ram's teary eyes and all she sees is pain, confusion, and a slight bit of anger.  

Priya: Ram, kya aap mujhse ek vaada karenge? 

Ram shakes his head.  He knows where this is going.  She was going to ask him to let her go and save their child if that decision needed to be made.  

Priya: Please Ram' aap ko mujhse vaada karna hoga.  Ke agar aap ko mujhme aur hamare bacche mein kisi ek ko chunna padega, aap hamare bacche ko chunenge. 

Ram shakes his head again.  A lot more violently this time. 

Ram: Kabhi nahi.  Main nahi jee paunga tumhare beger Priya.  No.  

Priya smiles: Ram, meri woh wish yaad hai aapko?  Kisi ko zindagi dene wali wish? (Ram nods).  Woh wish abhi tak poori nahi hui hai Ram.  Abhi bhi baaki hai, aur yahi, aise hi woh wish poori hogi.  Jab tak hamara baccha iss duniya mein, ek nayi zindagi ban kar nahi aata, woh wish adhoori hi rahegi Ram.  Please, aap meri madad karenge na?  Aap ne vaada kiya tha na ke aap meri har wish ko poora karenge?

Ram: Aur mera kya Priya?  Tumhe uss ki zindagi ki chinta hai aur mera kya? Mujhse meri zindagi cheen lena chahti ho? 

Priya shakes her head: Nahi Ram.  Aap ne ek pati ka farz bahut acche se nibhaya hai.  Lekin ab waqt aagaya hai aap ko ek pita ka farz nibhane ke liye.  Yeh hamari pyaar ki nishani hai Ram.  Yeh hamara baccha hai.  Ab se aap ko hamesha iss ke baare mein pehle sochna padega.  Aap pita ka farz nibhayenge na?  Hamare bacche ko dher saara pyar denge na Ram? 

Ram puts his head back down and starts sobbing again.  He couldn't say no.  His child was alive, it was old enough to survive and breathe.  She was right, he had to take this decision as a father also.  It wasn't just about him and Priya anymore.  They both had to think about their child.  Priya runs her fingers through his hair again.

Priya: Nahin Ram.  Aap aise nahi ro sakte.  Aap ne kaha tha na ke aap meri taakat ko jaante hai?  Lekin aaj main aapse keh rahi hoon, aap mujhse bhi zyada strong hai Ram.  Aur aapko usse bhi zyada strong rehna padega.  Hamare bacche ke saath saath, aap ko Maa aur Apeksha ka khayaal bhi rakhna padega.  Maa ne bahut saal bitadiye apne bete ke bina Ram. 

She raised his head and made him look at her.  She wiped his tears again.  Seeing him in that state made her heart ache.  She was terrified of the outcome but she tried to stay strong for him.  The thought of separating from him for a day was in itself painful, but this was forever. Would she be alive to see him again? Would she be alive to meet their son?

Priya: Ram, mujhse ek aur vaada karenge? 

Ram nods.  There was nothing worse than what she had already asked him to do. 

Priya, with tears falling: Ram, main jaanti hu ke hamara beta hoga.  Mujhe ehsaas ho raha hai. Aap hamara bete ka naam Prem rakehnge?  Aur agar main galat nikli aur hamari beti hogi, toh aap uss ka naam Riya rakhenge?  Hamara bachha hum dono ka hissa hai, toh uss ka naam hum dono ke naam ko jod ke hi hoga.  Aur Ram, usse hamesha yaad dilate rahiye ke uss ki Mama usse kitna pyar karti thi.  

Ram nods and takes her hand into his.  He kisses it again, tears streaming down his face.  He looks into Priya's eyes.  She now has tears in them.  He can see the fear in her eyes, the pain of possibly having to leave them both. 

There is a knock at the door.  They both break their eye-lock and look at the door as the doctor peeks her head in.

Doctor: It's time.  

Ram leans over and places a gentle kiss on her belly.  Then he stands up and leans down on her, giving her a hug.  He buries his face in the crook of her neck.  Priya feels his tears on her soft skin.  Her own eyes start overflowing with tears too.  She puts her arms around him and tries to hold him tight, her fingers digging gently into his back.  She lifts his head up, wipes his tears.  He kisses her on the forehead, his tears falling on her face and then under each eye, kissing away her tears.  He was about to lift his head, when Priya gently grabbed his face and brought it back down to hers.  She closed her eyes, with tears escaping, reached up and softly touched his lips with hers.  Ram leaned his forehead against hers and nuzzled her nose with his.  She let go of him, and turned her face to the other side, unable to look at him anymore.  It was too difficult.  

Ram got pushed back as the doctors and nurses rushed in and started transferring her machines to the portable ones.  One of the doctors asked him for his final decision and he reluctantly told her what Priya wanted.  A nurse put the oxygen mask back on Priya's face as the monitor started beeping.  Her oxygen levels were dropping again.  Ram held her hand and walked with her as they wheeled her out.  She squeezed his hand once they reached the point, where Ram couldn't go any further.  They stopped her in the hallway.  Ram brought his face down close to hers.

Ram, whispered: Priya, daro mat.  (He touched her heart).  Main yahin hoon, hamesha, tumhare paas, tumahre bahut kareeb.  Apni aankhen band karke hamari saari khubsoorat yaadein ko yaad karo.  I love you Priya.  

She blinked her eyes twice to say she loved him too.  He kissed her on the forehead one last time as she let go of his hand.  She clutched her mangalsutra tight.  They had let her wear it until they took her into the OR.  She closed her eyes, Ram being the last person she saw. They wheeled her past the doors, leaving Ram standing there with his arm reaching out for his life and tears flowing non-stop from his eyes. 

He turned around, with his head hung down, after just letting his life go.  He walked back to the waiting area, where Apeksha and Krishuji were still sitting.  He collapsed on the floor in front of Krishuji's chair.  He buried his face in her lap and started sobbing.  

Ram: Maa, main Priya ko khona nahi chahta.  Main nahi jee paunga uss ke beger Maa. Shayad yahi meri saza hai.  Maine aapse aap ka beta cheen liya tha, aur ab Bhagwan mujhse meri zindagi aur mera bachha cheen lena chahta hai.  

Krishuji: Ram, bete, aisa mat kaho.  Tumhe himmat rakhni padegi.  (her voice gets shaky) Priya ko kuch nahi hoga.  

Krishuji had tears in her eyes too.  She said the last sentence with a shaky voice, praying that it came true.  She caressed his hair.  She didn't even know how to comfort him at this point. She knew how much he loved Priya and all they'd been through together.  She knew he was incomplete without her.  Priya was his life.  Without Priya, there was no Ram.  

Krishuji, silently to herself: Hey Bhagwan.  Please Priya aur uss ke bacche ko kuch mat hone dena.  Priya ke bina Ram bilkul adhoora hai.  Woh nahi jee payega uss ke beger.  In dono ne pichle saal mein bahut kuch seh liya hai.  Ab bas, inhe duniya ki saari khushiyan de do.  In ke pyaar ka aur imetehaan mat lo.  

Ram stopped sobbing and just sat there, with his head in his mother's lap for a while, tears still flowing from his eyes.  Apeksha was sitting a few chairs away, with her face buried in her hands.  This whole incident had shaken her to the core too because she was the one who had found Priya in that state.

In the OR, they changed Priya's oxygen mask and gave her one that had a general anesthetic going through at the same time.  She hadn't opened her eyes since she saw Ram, and she could hear the voices around her, talking over her, using all these technical terms that she didn't understand. She focused on trying to remember all the good times she had spent with Ram.  She felt herself slowly fading out, as she crossed the bridge in the clouds, over to the other side; her dreamland, where there was nothing but good memories of her and Ram.  

Edited by azk92 - 11 years ago
azk92 thumbnail

Part 13 Cont'd

The surgeons worked fast to get the baby out and stabilize Priya's bleeding.  It was a boy.  The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck a couple of times and they slowly untangled it.  There was no cry, no sound, no pulse, and a very weak heartbeat.  It stopped.  They intubated him and started CPR.  They managed to revive him and get a heartbeat.  They immediately shifted him to the Neonatal ICU to be put in an incubator and closely monitored.  His lungs were fully developed but because of his premature age, only 8 months, they weren't fully functional yet.  He wasn't ready to be brought into the world yet.  He was on a ventilator, which would be breathing for him, for the time being. 

Beeepp' 

Ram felt a stab in his heart.  He put his hand on it to feel his heartbeat.  His heart was racing, almost as if his heartbeat had doubled.  

Nurse: She's coding!

Priya flatlined again, as the surgeons raced against the clock to stop her out of control bleeding. 

Ram lifted his head off Krishuji's lap and turned himself, still sitting on the ground, but leaning his back on the chair.  He folded his hands and closed his eyes. 

Ram: Bhagwan, ek baar phir main aap se haath jod kar meri aur Priya ki zindagi maangta hu.  20 saal pehle aap ne ek bete se apni Maa cheen li thi.  Uss waqt shayad main hi galat tha jo apni Maa ki baat pe vishwaas nahi kiya.  Lekin aaj, iss maasum bacche ki kya galti hai?  Please usse apni Maa mat cheeniye.  Aur mujhe bhi itni badi saza mat dijiye.  Main yeh sab akele nahi kar paunga.  Main Priya ke beger nahi jee paunga.  Please Bhagwan, Priya aur hamare bacche ko bacha lijiye.

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep 

The pain suddenly stopped.  He put his hand back on his heart to feel that his heartbeat was normal again. 

Nurse: And we're clear' 

She came back.  They managed to revive her.  They took the ultimate decision of closing up, hoping that the bleeding would stop in the next few hours.  If it didn't, there was no way she would survive.  She would be closely monitored. 

The doctor came out and Ram immediately stood up.  She had a blank look on her face and Ram could not figure out what was happening. 

Doctor: Mr. Kapoor, your wife has given birth to a baby boy.  But due to many complications, he is unable to breathe on his own.  We have shifted him to the NICU.  He is in an incubator and we are keeping him under close observations.  Hopefully in the next few days, we will be able to take him off the ventilator and in a couple of weeks, you can take him home.      

Ram felt like his whole world came crashing down on him.  He didn't know what to feel.  Happy that he's a father? Upset and angry that his son may not make it? Or upset and angry that Priya is still in there fighting for all 3 of their lives?  Yes, all 3 of their lives because without Priya, Ram doesn't exist, and without Ram and Priya, their son doesn't exist.    

Ram: How's my wife?  And can I see him? 

Doctor: Your wife is still in the OR.  She flatlined a couple of times but we managed to bring her back.  The bleeding is still out of control. We're doing our best to try and stop it.  And yes, I can direct you to the NICU.

Ram wiped his tears and followed her.  She led him into the area and showed him where he was.  Ram's eyes filled with tears.  Prem was in an incubator.  He was so tiny, covered with tubes.  His little chest was moving up and down at a steady rhythm and his eyes were closed.  There was a tube down his throat and a bunch of stickers all over his tiny body.  Ram bent down and stuck his hand in and gently touched Prem's palm with his index finger.  Prem's tiny hand curled tightly as far around Ram's finger as it could.  

Ram, with tears falling down his face:  Hey Prem.  Champ, main aapka Papa hoon.  I'm sorry beta, aap ko itna dard sehna pad raha hai.  Lekin aap fikr mat karo bahut jald hum aapko ghar le jaayenge.  

He tries to retract his hand but Prem wouldn't let go.  Ram caressed his tiny knuckles with his thumb, when a nurse brought him a chair.  He sat down, and stayed there.  A few minutes later, the doctor came back and told Ram that Priya was out of the OR and would be transferred to the ICU until she was stable.  Ram looked at Prem, who instantly loosened his grip on Ram's finger.  Ram took out his hand and came closer.

Ram, tears forming again: Aap fikar mat karo, aap ki Mama ko kuch nahi hoga.  Woh aapse bahut zyada pyaar karti hai.  Aur Papa hai na? Woh Mama ko kuch nahi hone denge. 

He stood up and walked out, and to the other area, where Priya was.  Priya was lying on the bed.  She still hadn't woken up from the anesthesia.  He sat down on the bed next to her and took her hand in both his, kissed it and held it up to her lips.  The doctor came in.

Doctor: The bleeding still hasn't stopped.  There wasn't anything else we could do.  We are just going to have to wait and hope that it stops within the next few hours, or she won't make it.  

Ram just nods, with tears overflowing from his eyes.  At least she was still alive.  He puts his head down on her chest, trying to feel her heartbeat.  His tears went through her gown.  Priya stirred a bit.  Her stitches were hurting and she felt Ram's tears.  She opened her eyes.  Everything was blurry.  She blinked a few times and cleared her vision.  Her one hand was in Ram's and she could feel something heavy on her chest.  She looked down to see Ram, with his head resting on her chest.  She took her other hand and and ran her fingers through his hair.  

Priya, whispering because her throat hurt:  Ram' 

At her first touch, Ram immediately lifted his head and looked at her.  He could hear her scratchy voice.  He gave her a few sips of water. 

Ram: Priya, ab kaisa lag raha hai?

Priya smiled and slightly nodded.  She wasn't feeling well at all but she didn't tell him this.  She put her hand on her stomach and looked at it.  Then she looked back at Ram. 

Priya: Ram, aap hamare bete se mile?  Kaisa hai woh?  

Ram didn't know what to say.  How could he tell her that Prem was in the ICU, covered in tubes and machines, on a ventilator, unable to breathe on his own.  He took her hand in his and kissed it again.  He looked into her eyes and smiled. 

Ram: Woh bilkul tumhare jaisa hai Priya.  Fighting fit (and he laughs a little, but a shaky, nervous laugh).  

Priya: Ram, aap ko jhoot bolna nahi aata.  Aap fikar mat kijiye Ram, usse kuch nahi hoga. 

She could feel the pain Prem was going through.  As a mother, she could feel every ounce of it.  She didn't want to tell Ram.  She needed him to stay strong.  And if she told him, he would completely break down.  But she knew he had seen him in that state.  

Ram, with tears falling now: Aur tumhe bhi kuch nahi hoga Priya.  Main tumhe kuch nahi hone doonga. 

Priya smiles at him and slightly nods her head.  She reaches over and wipes his tears.  She starts closing her eyes, still drowsy from the pain medication.

Ram: Priya, Priya, utho Priya..  

Her eyes flew open to see a scared Ram, with tears streaming down his cheeks.  She caressed his cheek with her hand. 

Priya: Main theek hoon Ram.  Bas thak gayi hoon.  Aap mujhe thodi der sone denge? 

Ram shakes his head.  He didn't want her to close her eyes.  What if she didn't wake up? 

Priya smiles.  She takes his hand and places it on her heart and puts her own on top of it.  He could feel her strong and steady heartbeat.  Then she looks back at him. 

Priya: Ab mujhe sone denge? 

Ram nods and puts his head down on the bed too.  Priya caresses his hair with her other hand and closes her eyes, falling asleep, while caressing his hair. When Ram feels that she is asleep, he gets up and climbs onto the bed with her.  Her face is turned to one side.  He lays on his side, facing her and brings his face really close to hers, their noses almost touching.  His hand is still on her heart and her hand is still on top of his.  But now he can feel her warm breath on his face too.  His other hand is on her head, caressing her hair gently.  He falls asleep in that position.  

A few hours later, Apeksha and Krishuji come into the room.  They find the two of them sleeping.  Ram wakes up with the sound.  He looks at them.  

Ram, whispering: Maa, aap log ghar jao.  Main yahin rukta hoon.  Agar aap ki zarurat padi, toh main phone kardunga. 

Krishuji: Ram, Prem? 

Ram shuts his eyes tight.  He had been so caught up with everything that he had forgotten to tell them.  Krishuji comes close to him and caresses his cheek.  She kisses him on the forehead. 

Krishuji: Hum jaante hai Ram.  Tumhara aur Priya ka beta hua hai.  Prem hai na?  (she smiles).  Tum chinta mat karo,  Priya aur Prem ko kuch nahi hoga.  Tum jo ho in dono ke paas.  

Apeksha: Ram, badhai ho, tum Papa bangaye.  

Ram smiles faintly:  Aur tum bua.  Ab mere bete ko zyada tang mat karna haan, uss ka Papa hai na uss ke paas.  Aur Maa, aap usse zyada bigadengi nahi,  warna Priya gusse ho' 

And he stops without completing his sentence.  Everyone becomes silent.  A tear falls from his eye.  Priya moans a little in her sleep, snapping them all out of their thoughts.  

Apeksha: Maa chalo.  In dono ko sone do.  (she smiles and winks at Ram, trying to lighten his mood a little). 

Apeksha and Krishuji leave.  Ram turns to look at Priya, who was still sleeping.  He kisses her gently on the cheek and returns to his original position.  Instead of sleeping, he keeps looking at her, admiring her beauty, even in that state.  More tears fall from his eyes. 

Ram, whispers to himself: I'm sorry Priya. Kaash mein tumhara har dard tumse leja sakta.  Kaash tumhare vajai main yeh sab bardaasht kar sakta. 

He is lost in his own thoughts when the doctor comes back in.

Doctor: Mr. Kapoor? (Ram snaps out of his thoughts and looks at her.  She has a huge smile on her face.)  I just came to tell you that your wife's internal bleeding has stopped.  She will be absolutely fine.  We're going to have to keep her here for a few more days and then you can take her home. 

Ram smiled excitedly and nodded at her: Thank you Doctor.  

She nodded back and left the room.  Ram closed his eyes and silently thanked God for saving his life.  He turns his face towards Priya, who was still in a deep sleep.  He returns to his original position.  He kisses her on the tip of her nose and then falls asleep with a smile on his face. 

Another couple of hours later, Priya opens her eyes to find Ram's face really close to hers.  He was fast asleep.  He was smiling and his nose was a few millimeters away from hers.  His hand was still on her heart and she could feel his breath on her face.  She moved his hand down to her waist and slowly turned her body to face him, flinching from the pain.  She slid down a little bit.  Then she gently pressed her body against his, wrapping one arm around his back and buried her face in his broad chest, trying to hide herself and inhale his scent.  She just wanted to be in his arms.  She wanted him to protect her from everything and just hold her tight.  And he did. 

Ram immediately woke up when he felt her on his chest.  He wrapped his arms around her tightly, holding her close.  He kissed her on the forehead.  She moved back and looked up at him.  He smiled down at her.  Everything was ok now.  She was going to be fine.  Their son was still in the ICU but he was going to be fine too because his mother was fine.  Priya had fought and won back all 3 of their lives.  

Ram: Priya, hamare bete se milne chalogi?

Priya's eyes filled with tears.  She could still feel his pain.  She was a mother after all.  But at the same time she was happy.  Happy that he was here, and that they would be together.  She nodded.  Ram helped her sit up.  He got up to get a wheelchair but Priya held his hand.  He came back and sat down next to her on the edge of the bed.  She threw herself on his chest and held him tight.  She closed her eyes and listened to his heartbeat.  She had been craving to hear it.  He wrapped his arms around her again.  He knew what she was feeling.  Even though she didn't want him to know, he knew.  He rubbed  her back and caressed her hair. 

Priya: Aap bahut darr gaye the na Ram?  Agar mujhe kuch ho jata toh?  Mujhe bhi bahut darr lag raha tha. 

Ram: Jaanta hu Priya.  Main jaanta hu tum dar gayi thi.  Main bhi bahut darr gaya tha Priya.  Lekin main hoon na tumhare saath.  Main tumhe kuch nahi hone deta.  Kabhi nahi.  Maine tumse kaha than a ke koi tumhe mujhse alag nahi karsakta.  Aur ab Bhagwan bhi yeh baat samajh chuke hai.  Isiliye uss ne tumhe mere paas wapas bhej diya. 

He kisses her head and holds her tight.  She calms down and loosens her grip on him.  She looks up at him with teary eyes.  He looks down at her and wipes her tears and shakes his head. 

Ram: Ab bas Priya.  Ab sab kuch theek ho jayega.  Ab yeh aansu band karo. 

Priya nods, fresh tears still falling from her eyes.  Ram leans his forehead onto hers.  

Ram: Chalein Priya? 

Priya nods again.  He stands up and helps her stand up.  He goes and gets a wheelchair and helps her sit down in it.  He pushes her down the hall to where Prem was.  He parks the wheelchair right in front of the incubator.  Prem's little chest was moving up and down at a constant rhythm. He was still on the ventilator and still had stickers and tubes around his body.  His eyes were closed.  

Priya's eyes started overflowing with tears.  She could feel a physical pain in her heart.  Like someone was repeatedly stabbing her in the same spot, injuring her deeper and deeper each time.  She turned her face, unable to look at him anymore.  It was too painful to see her baby in this state. Ram was observing her. He had been skeptical about bringing her here but he wanted her to see their baby.  He stood next to her wheelchair and held her head to him.  She buried her face in him and clutched his shirt tightly.  She let out a sob. 

Ram: Shhh Priya.  

He kneeled down to her level and wiped her tears.  

Ram: Woh bilkul theek ho jayega Priya.  Tum jaanti ho mujhe yeh kaise pata hai? 

Priya shakes her head: Kaise?

Ram: Kyun ki tum bilkul theek ho gayi ho.  Aur tum hum sab ki zindagi ke liye ladne gayi thi.  Aur ab jab tum wapas aa gayi ho.  Toh ab sab kuch theek ho jayega.  

She reaches over and flings her arms around his neck.  She buries her face in his neck, her tears sliding down on his skin.  He holds her tight, putting one hand on the back of her head, caressing her hair gently.

Ram: Shhh Priya.  Dekho, tum usse kehna chahti thi na ke tum usse kitna pyaar karti ho?  Toh ab bata do.  Woh tumhari har baat sunta hai Priya.  

He lifted her head and wiped her tears.  He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and then turned her around.  He brought her closer and opened the little door to the incubator.  He took her hand and put it in.  She gently touched the palm of Prem's hand and he instantly wrapped his hand around her finger and gripped it tightly.  Ram looked at Priya and she smiled a teary smile, her eyes fixed on Prem. 

Ram: Hey Champ.  Dekho main kis ko leke aaya hoon.  Maine kaha tha na ke aapki Mama ko kuch nahi hoga.  

Priya, with tears falling from her eyes:  Prem, mera baccha.  Mama's sorry beta.  Aapko itna dard, itni takleef sehni pad rahi hai.  Lekin aap chinta mat karo.  Mama aap se bahut zyada pyar karti hai.  Aap ko kuch nahi hone degi.  Aur bahut jald, hum dono aap ko ghar le jayenge.  Aur Dadi aur Bua bhi aap ka be sabri se intezaar kar rahi hai.  

Priya looks at Ram, who looks back at her.  He wipes her tears again and leans his forehead against hers.  

Ram, whispering: Dekha Priya.  Tumari wish poori hogayi.  

Priya, whispering back: Meri nahi, hamari Ram.  Hamari wish poori ho gayi.  Hamara sapna poora ho gaya.  

She closes her eyes as Ram brings his lips close to hers and gently touches them with his.  At that exact moment, Prem squeezes Priya's finger tightly.  She turns to look at him.  Prem slowly opens his eyes and turns his head slightly towards his parents.  They both look at him, with smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes.  

Ram moves all Priya's hair to one side.  He gently kisses the nape of her neck, and then puts the necklace around her neck.  It was the same necklace with the 3-heart pendant he had given to her yesterday.  The nurses had given it to Krishuji, along with other stuff when they had taken Priya into the emergency area.  Priya looks down and touches the necklace with her other hand.  Then she turns to Ram and smiles a teary smile at him.  

Priya and Ram, then both look at Prem, who was still holding Priya's finger tightly, and smile with tears in their eyes.  Tears of happiness.  They had won another battle together.  And now, their family was complete.  

Edited by azk92 - 11 years ago
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

WOAH!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!
What a heart rendering, emotional rollercoaster update and superb finish to the extrememly draining story...
AMBY you have saved the best for this story.. Am so speechless..
As soon as I started reading my heart started beating fast and furious, praying nothing should happen to Priya and then the pulsating finish..
What can I say?.. Now my heart is slowly on the way to normalcy and i can relax.. Prem, Ram and Priya will forever be etched in my mind..