WU:13th May Child Abuse

.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Is it easy to forgive someone who has abused you as a child? 

The nightmare for the 53% - Child sexual abuse is more prevalent than most people realise, and often is carried out in the confines of the home, by someone the family knows and trusts.

How and why it happens - Sexual abuse occurs with boys as much as with girls, and can leave lifelong scars on the individual.

Help from 1098- Talking about sexual abuse is difficult, but parents must encourage their children to talk about anything that bothers them, and should also be receptive to
non-verbal signals. For help, a child in distress or a concerned adult can call
CHILDLINE at 1098, the 24-hour toll-free helpline.

Workshop for children -Parents must be alert, and can also help their children be aware through this workshop,which psychiatrists recommend be held at regular intervals.

What You Can Do- The Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill is in Parliament, and viewers can send their support for the speedy passing of this Bill into a strong law against child sexual abuse.

Do you want a strong and specific law against the sexual abuse of children? SMS Y for Yes, or N for No, and send to 5782711.

Aamir reveals, "As surprising as it may sound, there is no specific law against child sexual abuse"

Sridevi stands in support of Harish and calls him a hero for sharing his disturbing experience with everyone. 

Dr. Rajat explains the difference between respecting an adult and respecting adult behaviour -- something every child must be taught. 

Clinical psychologist Rajat Mitra dissects the mind of the abuser. Find out what goes on in the abuser's mind and how they plan their moves. 

Adults should be capable of listening to what a child has to say about abuse. It is important to trust your child. 

Parents should believe their children as far as sexual abuse is concerned.

Silence is a big part of abuse. It's important to Speak up.

Svati Chakravarty's moving lyrics, composed and sung by Ram Sampath, speak of pain and loss... and healing and hope.

Song - : Dheere Dheere, Haule Haule

Edited by poojawal_Pooja_ - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Update completed:))
..StarAngel.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanq Pooja :)) Just now saw the episode...the most precious part in everyone life destroyed by some evil people exist in this world...Tey may escape infront of people eyes but not before god..Oneday tey have 2 pay fr all their evil things..2day i made a 2nd oath after 1st episode that the 1st thing i teach my child after she/he growns up 2 the certain age would be about this child abuse and i would be a conscious parent rather than protective 2 know wat is happening around my children nd in their life...

It was just unbearable 2 hear those victim stories..nd i was shell shocked 2 heard this from boys..specially i loved the textile man who said i forgive the abuser...God alwaz bless him and all those victims who stood up nd have the courage 2 share their story with the nation..nd yeah aamir another eye opener show nd i wish people will remember all these issues in their life nd try 2 give their support..Hats off aamir khan team nd all those victims who shared their darkest part of life with the world..👏
Edited by ..StarAngel.. - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: ..StarAngel..

Thanq Pooja :)) Just now saw the episode...the most precious part in everyone life destroyed by some evil people exist in this world...Tey may escape infront of people eyes but not before god..Oneday tey have 2 pay fr all their evil things..2day i made a 2nd oath after 1st episode that the 1st thing i teach my child after she/he growns up 2 the certain age would be about this child abuse and i would be a conscious parent rather than protective 2 know wat is happening around my children nd in their life...

It was just unbearable 2 hear those victim stories..nd i was shell shocked 2 heard this from boys..specially i loved the textile man who said i forgive the abuser...God alwaz bless him and all those victims who stood up nd have the courage 2 share their story with the nation..nd yeah aamir another eye opener show nd i wish people will remember all these issues in their life nd try 2 give their support..Hats off aamir khan team nd all those victims who shared their darkest part of life with the world..👏

Judi U too here.. I hope u rem me!
Yeah even i took a oth to make my children aware of all these but before that my sisters for sure:))
I was totally shocked when that man said abt himself I was like"WHAT??"
Aamir is actually a eye opener to the worls and I would like to thanks all those people who work upon with SMJ team to bring out these bitter truths
..StarAngel.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: poojawal_Pooja_

Judi U too here.. I hope u rem me!

Yeah even i took a oth to make my children aware of all these but before that my sisters for sure:))
I was totally shocked when that man said abt himself I was like"WHAT??"
Aamir is actually a eye opener to the worls and I would like to thanks all those people who work upon with SMJ team to bring out these bitter truths

Yeah i rem u pooja..😳
Yeah we have 2 do it from itself..for our cousins,relative children nd all those people who are suffering nd suffered through this..

Yeah that testimony really shakened me..Really i couldnt believe that it happens wit boys too??

Yeah i have never seen any celebrity like him as far as i know..There is no need for him 2 do this..Because he has evrything he wants..But still he has the heart 2 do this for the people who are in need of..nd a heartfelt thanks 2 the SMJ team nd i hope they will reveal more bitter truths which are shadowed by these evils
nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update pooja. Saw the episode. I was so moved and touched hearing how tha innocent kids suffered such cruel and obscene stuffs from adults. I cant even imagine the mental trauma, the haunting how they came past it and are trying to have a normal life now.

But there is this other thing about abusers. about how they themselves are psychiatric. They see these kids as adults and not as kids. I think they should be identified in society and helped. Its only a small part of them that has this cruel nature in them. Also, sometimes, these abusers do this to kids if they had undergone the same when they wer a child only. These kinds of people need help as much as all the kids in the country need awareness. There is a limit to which a kid can struggle against these abusers, so its also necessary these types of abusers be identified and get the right treatment(if its an illness) or get the right punishment/justice(all those evil sadistic abusers) behind bars.

I hope the Bill in Rajya Sabha gets passed very soon. Good luck aamir for this and applause for your team on another eye opening episode for the society. Looking forward to next week's issue.

Satyamev Jayate!
simplypurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The guy's situation was really bad because his abuser brought other men along with him. It's so unfortunate that these people share these horrible stories and situations in common but one thing Aamir forgot to mention is that the abusers too can be of any gender. I know a girl who was molested by a female family member. Abusers can also be parents themselves. Another girl I know was abused by her own father.

People (abusers) are already messed up. The best we can do is to put them away for life and not let our children be affected by it.
Edited by simplypurple - 11 years ago
nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@simplypurple: i absolutely agree with u about the gender. I have heard an incident here where a female(who is supposedly abve 30) tried to molest a kid (a BOY) in a bus in public when sitting next to him. Male or Female, kids need to be careful from both. But I think the little workshop that aamir did, that should help kids a lot. It should be promoted amongst kids not just by parents, but also the orphanages and other shelter homes where kids stay. Social activists can go every 6 months to these places and do a similar workshop to help them. God bless, i hope no kid ever goes through any abuse like this.
padma_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks a lot for the update...
really these king of pycho too exist like a normal person among us shame in them...😡

simplypurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: nandini27

@simplypurple: i absolutely agree with u about the gender. I have heard an incident here where a female(who is supposedly abve 30) tried to molest a kid (a BOY) in a bus in public when sitting next to him. Male or Female, kids need to be careful from both. But I think the little workshop that aamir did, that should help kids a lot. It should be promoted amongst kids not just by parents, but also the orphanages and other shelter homes where kids stay. Social activists can go every 6 months to these places and do a similar workshop to help them. God bless, i hope no kid ever goes through any abuse like this.

Poor kid. Parents really need to not be so confident to leave their children with others and especially not leave them alone with an adult. And be aware of any changes in the child's personality around certain people.

It's so easy for people to touch a child even in the presence of a parent. The parents have to teach the child to scream and say "no, don't touch me!" as loud as possible. And parents should believe their kids. The worst thing a parent can do to a child's confidence is not trust their own child. Sadly, if every parent thinks that this can never happen to my child, no child will ever be safe.