TOI: Btwon has opened up for tv stars-Sreejita

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

B-Town has opened up to talented TV stars 

Soapbox beauty Sreejita De on why its important for her to strike the right balance between films and TV 

Amrita Mulchandani 

This pretty Bong babe makes many heartbeats go faster when she sizzles on the screen.Sreejita De,who has shown her calibre on television and shared the big screen with Akshay Kumar in Tashan and was last seen in Love Ka The End,is currently busy juggling the small and big screen.Excerpts: 

Are you nervous doing a show like Uttaran,as it has been running successfully since past three years 

I am kind of nervous.There are lots of responsibilities on my shoulders as the show has created a lot of expectation due to good performances,and I have to live up to them.But I am very happy doing this show.I really feel blessed to get to work in a show that has been loved by the audience for three years.

You were chosen to play Ichcha post the first leap in Uttaran,but things didnt fall in place then.Now you are doing the same show,that you had said no to earlier and are playing another character 

Things didnt work out in the past,but now I feel I was destined to get this show.I feel one always gets whatever is destined for them.It was in my fate to get this show and I am glad I am doing it now.Things are more settled now.

Your current TV character Mukta is very high-headed.What kind of resemblance do you share with her in real life 

I am not at all like the screen character I play.Mukta is a very strong headed girl.She is particular,punctual and a perfectionist.In real life,I am a messy person I let things be where they are.I am completely opposite to Mukta.The only one thing that is common between us is that I am very ambitious,just like Mukta.

You debuted with Kasautii Zindagii Kay,but you got recognized in Annu Ki Ho Gayee Wah Bhai Wah.Do you think it is important to have a prominent debut show 

An actor needs to make a mark in his/her first show.It is important to bag a good lead role when you are debuting on the small screen.Things would have been different if I had done Annu... first.But I didnt want to do a character role to start with,so there is no way I would have done Kasauti... After Annu... I did Bandhan Saat Janmon Ka,Ladies Special and then moved to films.I didnt concentrate on TV at all my focus shifted to the big screen.

What is keeping you busy on the big screen 

I am currently working for Anuraag Kashyaps upcoming film Monsoon Shootout.I am playing a 16 year old bar dancer.I have high expectations from the film.

Do you think it is easy for TV stars to get films now 

There was a time when people thought that no one would pay to watch a television actor in a film.That perception has changed now.If you are talented and fit the role,then there is no stopping you.This is why it has become easier for TV actors to get films.

Sreejita De