Scarlet_Glow thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

hey guys! how r u all doing?

Gulzar, Shaad Ali team up

Subhash K Jha

Gulzar and Shaad Ali weave magic on celluloid whenever they get together. After Saathiya and Bunty Aur Babli, the duo has teamed up again in their forthcoming film Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. 

Gulzar is in Mumbai to record the first song for the film with Shankar-Ehsan Loy.
"It's the title song. Though I've used the phrase 'Jhoom baraabar jhoom' from Jaani Babu Qawwall's famous Qawwalli, our song is a melody. Like Bunty Aur Babli, the music will be the highlight of Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom."

Gulzar Saab isn't frightened by people's expectations. "I know people expect another Kajra re from me. Woh kab nahin hua? Didn't people expect 'Chal chaiyyan chaiyyan' from me again after Dil Se, and 'Chappa chappa' after Maachis? I know there're huge expectations from Shaad and me. …just like all eyes are on Vishal Bhardwaj. They expect Omkara to be another Maqbool. But we won't fulfill those expectations in expected ways."

He attributes the success of 'Kajra re' to Aishwarya Rai and says, "A lot of songs become successes. But only few become a rage. I now so many people who keep going back to 'Kajra re' because of Aishwarya's dance. The song was a success more because of Aishwarya's dance than my words."

the link:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&am p;articleid=53120062138121405312006213729406

take care,

Dharti!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 17 years ago
ooohhh another film by him wonder how this will be thanks for posting