Goofy Suraj...I love him for Sandy's sake

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Forgive me guys, but I didn't see anything from Suraj that was so terrible.

That dream highlighted his devastation not Bhabo's.  Bhabo would have happily waved Sandy off, if not for her realising that Suraj would be paralysed with grief...and his father said to Sandy what the real issue was...if she left, she would be killing Suraj. Did anyone notice how the real Suraj was watching his dream avatar closely? He was observing how he himself would go to pieces. When Sandy finally walks off, both he and his dream avatar had their eyes on her. 

If my spouse had brought divorce papers and I found it, I can tell you that I wouldn't be a tenth as controlled as Suraj was the next morning. He still managed to look at her! That tells me he can't help it. Even his 'sarcasm' didn't have any bite. His line about his family being used to Sandy's goof-ups...🤣...I half expected Sandy to burst out laughing.  And Please!! I'm tired of all these dramatic family moments...omg! look what Sur did! ... he didn't allow her to touch his feet!  There are far more important issues they need to sort out between them and these hollow gestures are really not valid. Again, Bhabasa brought up this point so well in his jibe at Bhabo...scream at him 24/7 but when it comes to some rasam, go touch his feet!

All in all, SurYa are the sweetest telly couple. They are making mistakes and stumbling,blundering towards each other. If I could remove some of the obstacles, I would. But I think they need to find their own way and they have all my blessings. After all, I was expecting a cold Suraj to engineer Sandy's departure from the house...I think this couple is strong enough to bear a separation. Let's face it, if they can't go through some kind of trauma TOGETHER and come out of it, they don't really stand a chance of surviving.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Finally...a post today that I can say "Yes" to. 👍🏼

Thank you.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 12 years ago
JuhiR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post.  It made me feel better.  perhaps Suraj is not so mean after all.  Perhaps this track will lead to Sandhya's realization of love for Suraj.  

I hope CVs don't turn him into a hateful husband like in other shows.  I love his simple, sweet, and loving nature.  Please CVs don't butcher his character.  We all know him as a loving, caring, and selfless man, so don't destroy our faith in him.

timepass thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very well said...I liked your last paragraph. I feel the same. Let SurYa discover each other...it will be more meaningful and who knows Sandy might find her lost love. For her it has been pleasing Bhabho, Maasa, and other family members. As she said, she is struggling to become a good DIL. Now with this twist, she will try to become good wife as well and we viewers would see a crackling chemistry :-).

..Anusha.. thumbnail
@timepass, they already have a chemistry. I see it all the time. The only reason I like the separation idea is that for the first time, both will feel the same pain. So far, we haven't seen Sandy go to pieces the way Suraj already has. She is very tough, that one! 
westindian thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I agree, I can feel his pain, finding those divorce docs shattered his soul.😭
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very nice post. Thanks for making us feel better. Suraj is too lovable to turn horrid overnight.  Let us hope he sheds a tear or two when he goes to bed in his shop after being mean to Sandy all day and redeems himself. :)
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Hiral! I just had the opportunity to watch todays epi...and i was definitely taken aback by suraj's behavior...and i noticed that many were in the forum as well...but u noticed something that i also noticed...yes although bhabho was there and she was shattered...he was more looking at himself and the devastation that it would cause him... so he is more worried about his relationship then continuing to create a facade for the family around him...and even i think seperation track was needed (no matter how much we miss goofy/silly suraj)...its nice to see a hurt but mature man... 
coolmausam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

he May be Good , But Not a Mature Husband 

..Anusha.. thumbnail
Neither of them is mature. How can they be? They are barely married for goodness sake.