Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikkiapril thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
hey tanthya...was it not you who once referred to them as beauty & the beast. and if i am not mistaken you had the pic of beauty & the beast for quite a while. looks like the CV's took up from what you wrote 😊
dramacrazy12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Regardless of all the symbolism and cute execution of the beauty and beast concept, I found today's episode lacking.It seemed to miss the intensity that I was expecting. I also have lowered my expectations for future episodes and partly the spoilers are to blame for it.
If I were to look at last 3 episodes, we have had an indirect confession from both Arnav and Khushi and they have been communicated to each other in right spirit. Not only that a lot of hints have been given by Arnav and Khushi regarding MU and the hurt they feel. This is enough for both of them to stat digging deeper but it does not seem we are going to end up in that route. Instead we will continue to meander here and there along the way and get there in couple of weeks when the impact will be completely lost.
What I liked today-

1) Instead of barging in and throwing a fit, Arnav decided to investigate Khushi's latest project. I like to think his character is growing and he has learnt something from recent fiasco.

2) Khushi did not forget and is still angry with Arnav.

3) Arnav realizes that he overreacted and is suitably guilty even if he tries to hide it behind his grumpiness.

4) We got an inkling of Arnav's dry humour when he was threatening to eat Nikhil.

5)Anjali gets the last note in which Khushi's heartbreak is evident. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this leads to something understated and good. She is the only one who knows them both inside out and how much they care for each other.

What I did not get-

1) Arnav had told Khushi she is not to leave Raizada house without his permission. She vanishes for two day, the bed is not slept in and Arnav does not react on finding her. Where is joy and relief at finding her? Where are the questions?

2) Nani is supporting Khushi's business, Does it not occur to her that a newlywed wife who supposedly married in love is filling every living hour with some task...when is she going to spend some time with her husband ? She also seems to ignore huge communication gap between the couple. She seems to support Khushi's ventures like dabba service and tutions but not once has suggested that she help Arnav in his business or take interest in some non profit organization which is how most families with Raizada status would approach Khushi's quest for independence and identity. Same goes for Guptas, they have not once questioned Khushi why she intends to be so busy while most newlyweds wish to spend time together.

3)As Khushi narrates the tale, she stumbles on the the duality of Arnav's behaviour. For the first time she has said it out loud and that led to realization of what she feels for him and her confusion. One would expect a reaction akin to light bulb. One would expect a renewed sense of purpose to explore the mystery. She has connected some dots, Arnav is not all bad...he did care for her at times, he did confess as Ranjha despite his denial and yet something seems to bring him to precipice of barely controlled fury later that evening. If she were to analyze all such scenarios she would find a common thread...Shyam. But what does she do, she sighs sadly and moves on much to my disappointment.

4)Arnav is hearing the narrative, he should have reacted more strongly to being both the prince and the beast in her tale. He is more experienced and hence would understand that Khushi feels something for him unlike what he thought. I would not expect him to shed tear as he did on Holi but some some expression of thoughfulness with tempered hope would not be remiss... instead we see a fleeting look of being stunned and then he ignores the sign  and moves on to postal services

5)Lastly but not the least, I do not understand Payal. For two sisters that were practically joined at the hip for most of thier life, Payal seemed to have adopted an almost careless and ignorant attitude towards Khushi's life and projects.

Edited by dramacrazy12 - 12 years ago
nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
@tanthya... what a beautiful analysis...!!! Loved to read your post mudh  much more than the actual episode..
each world was like a pearl..
You are awsome..!

@Doodle... what can I say... you are just superb..!
You can put any hat on...and think... would defnately love to meet you if you are in bayarea.. :)

aKr1always thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey Doodleberry, 
Totally agree with your POV. 
Many of us would like to see the story unfold LOGICALLY. Still, many watch it for the starry cast of the show who have suddenly seized to deliver the subtlety of their role that is to say the least. Their eye rolling in confusion, falling and catching rabba ve and mouth clenching has become quiet predictable along with the disassociation of each episode.The leads along with the producer have mentioned during their interviews that the viewers are very intelligent nowadays. Ingenius isn't it, only to have us being mocked at by airing irrelevant episodes to the point of continuity NEITHER of the storyline NOR of the ensemble casts characters.

It's a pity that you and your comrades here and all others at IF who spend all your creative time into analyzing the episodes that brings more viewers to the show and increases their popularity (along with yours) only for the PH to not value your inputs and act irresponsibly.

Like you have mentioned that you would not be analyzing further until the show brings back its credibility, the silent treatment may just possibly do wonders if we all together just decide to BOYCOTT the show and give them two weeks notice to reestablish the storyline and it's characters on track. 
Too small a voice to be heard alone, IP REDUX is a stand alone banner that could voice the cry and be heard.

Regardless, thanks for your time

--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Doodhs : Read your analysis now! U seem sooo much frustrated with the episode today! For me also it was an okish episode and obviously like you said there was no continuity from Friday whatsoever - and lot of loopholes were there - but as a filler episode it was okay for me!

And I say this because i got to see Khushi's side of feelings - true it did not match for what I felt when Arnav's feeling came out in the Heer Ranjha act but Khushi's confusion was well evident. Her confusion between shaitaan and rajkumar and who actually Arnav Singh raizada is was shown and that was a start - otherwise i would keep thinking what the hell does this lady feels!! Now if the creatives stick to this confusion - today's episode will be so worth it - but if they go back to the mindless comedy track (which I think they are - courtesy SBB segment) - then today's episode was nothing but a mindless filler. Let us see.

As for Khushi getting hints - that was the reason I was so upset with the Friday's episode - If Khushi could not carry on the hints after what happened in Friday's episode - I hardly think she is getting any hints any time sooner. I am not expecting much from this track anyways because from the beginning - I have wanted to see hardcore Shyam - Arnav and Khushi equation and somehow that has been on and off and I frankly keep losing hope of seeing it with every episode.

Pam : As usual loved your analysis too! 😊I would say to you forget that these two can pick up any clues ever - I so have given any hope. I do not see them picking up any clues because they wont - neither will Khushi who has every damn little thing to guide her to the truth and nor will Arnav whose brain has gona on a temprory hartaal! They will just stumble upon the truth - because Shyam is also on and off present in the show - which is actually ridiculous!

Kishmish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved both your analysis Tanthya and Doods ... the fairy tale The Beauty and the Beast is so apt for these 2 ... and you are right Doods ... till IPL is on there will be slow   progress in the storyline
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
@ Sathya, Doods , Anna, Pam - great analysis !! 
tanthya thumbnail

Hii Doods & Pam,

I sense your frustration and anger , I would have been angry too had I expected and did not get it ...but since I  have resigned myself to the fact that  story per se  has gone up for a toss and will stay up for while, I was quite chilled and not expecting anything sane, serious or intense ..😊

As long Money dictates  I do not think we will get any artist who will be dedicated to his craft, he will bend, erase, butcher the character and its traits acc to the demands of the day... Do not invest ur emotional energy into a show is the only thing I can say ..😊
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescent

@ Sathya, Doods , Anna, Pam - great analysis !! 

Thank You, Farii 😃
--Anna-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: tanthya

Hii Doods & Pam,

I sense your frustration and anger , I would have been angry too had I expected and did not get it ...but since I  have resigned myself to the fact that  story per se  has gone up for a toss and will stay up for while, I was quite chilled and not expecting anything sane, serious or intense ..😊

As long Money dictates  I do not think we will get any artist who will be dedicated to his craft, he will bend, erase, butcher the character and its traits acc to the demands of the day... Do not invest ur emotional energy into a show is the only thing I can say ..😊

Good Morning Sathya! 🤗

I said the same thing! 😆