it feel like a dream
and when i wake up
i just want to scream
i can see only a beast in you

But even it was a dream 
i will wait for the prince that i dream every day
i will stand by his side, holding his hand when times are hard
even once he looks like my prince and in a moment he look like beast 

I don't know the answer , but it doesnt matter.
The answer wont tell my heart not to shatter.
So I am just going to go on and act like Im okay.
Pretend that I don't love you, like I do everyday.

Edited by vasiraju - 12 years ago
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi,

I first searched for ur post and read it, amazing analysis, me too loved the way Khushi realised Arnav as both the prince and the beast. Every time Khushi thought bad abt Arnav I used to think why doesn't she remember the good things he has done. Yeah finally she has realised it. Loved the bit abt the courier service.

WHY CANT THEY SHOW THE PRECAP daily.
Unfinished thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi Sathya!

Great write-up as usual! Thanks.

I was a little bored with the episode today. Agreed that the Beauty and Beast story was weaved in nicely by the CVs into Kushi & Arnav's story, and how both were introspectic when Khushi is narrrating the rajkumar story- her story and confusion. Arnav's expressions were great.
 But Arnav already knows all this doesn't he? How can he not be aware of his warm and cold behavior towards her? She has voiced this herself many times, asked him directly, demanding answers.

The story did not move today. It was not a filler, just a reinforcement of what everyone - Khushi & Arnav, the audience and even Anjali already know. After two tremendous episodes last week, I guess it was to be expected.
Stalemate?
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: abavi

res you are early today😊

Indian Dostwa's wanted early posts...Loud complaints that I am cutting their Arnav dreaming time .. me being such a nicey angel  magnanimously  put up early so that kids can dream !!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
pixiegirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome analysis Sathya as always. Waiting to read Doods. 
Nia.D thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Great to see your update so early Tanthya!! And nice to have the lyrics of the B&B title track - didn't know that they would match Arnav's and Khushi's feelings so well!!

This particular para of yours was really good:

"The next scene... Khushi is under the impression that Arnav is a monster and she continues to think so and it is only when a light beams on does she see Arnav Singh Raizada ..in other words..Khushi is in dark and is not cognizant of the real Arnav, does not understand that her heart has already been taken over ..it is when she switches on  the light, she becomes aware of Arnav ..of the man who resides in her heart .. she does not acknowledge him yet, shuts him out but has not refused him either .."

-- Loved how you drew out the significance of 'light' and 'darkness' yet again from this scene!

I'm glad the CV's are maintaining the continuity of the track... I hope they don't mess up with the 'Hawaiin shirts' segment that came on SBB...

--------x-------x-------x------x------x------x------x------x------x-----x------x------x-------x-----x------x-----x----x----x

Good-morning Reduxians!! After a good night's sleep, where I got vague dreams of our dear Arnav and Khushi, I'm back to share my thoughts about yesterday's episode.

What to say about it? There's a lot of conflicting thoughts in my head about it. From the entertainment angle - it was cute and fun, but from an analysis angle - sighh, a weird jumble. I think I'll divide my post into 'Likes' and 'Dislikes' today, and a summary of my opinion of the episode.

SUMMARY:

The CV's are falling back on classic love stories (Heer-Ranjha, Beauty and the Beast) to unravel the feelings of these two characters. AS far as I know, this is the first time that Khushi has expressed aloud her feelings for Shaitan-Rajkumar Arnav. I am glad that Arnav heard all that she said, both of them were lost in the said and the unsaid words... Khushi in her 'confused' confession, and Arnav in the FB's in relation to Khushi's 'pal mein sukh, pal mein dukh' expression.

It is however not enough for the characters to just express - they need to immerse themselves in the 'why, how, when..' for their experiences in the relationship so far.

Which brings me to the fact that these two seem to dwell only on what's 'said' - I wish the CV's could show them diving deeper into the meaning behind what they tell each other! A little of 'wondering why she/he said this-that' in each episode wouldn't do much harm. There have been so many instances now that could have been used by the leads to reach closer to sorting out the MU. But alas, no such luck (for us), or functioning brains (on their part).

On another line, these two seem to be imbibing each other's qualities. For instance, in the the last letter to Arnav, Khushi claims that being married to a person like him, she can't believe in fairy-tales anymore (Much like how our ASR used to be - 'I don't believe in Love', 'I don't believe in marriage'). I've read and heard a lot about this 'development' within marriages and between partners. It is said that some partners take on each other's habits and behaviours - some even lose their original personalities in the relationship - I'm not sure how far this is true, but it does seem like this is what is happening out here.

Khushi and Arnav are sub-consciously identifying with each other, they are, without being aware of it, being accustomed to each other's nature, they are sub-consciously 'acting' out each other's behaviours and reactions in different situations. The roles are being reversed now, gradually, though I wouldn't put it past the CV's to do an about-turn and get these two back to their original personalities - can never be sure with them! So then, moving on...

Khushi, in her invisible powerful way, is mellowing down the great ASR (reminds me of the puja that was held for the little girls - can't remember the name of the puja - when Arnav refuses to forgive them for breaking his model, and then himself ask Anjali for forgiveness - using Khushi's lines). He mellowed down a bit at that time too with Khushi's presence.

Khushi has imbibed Arnav's quality of keeping her emotions to herself, distancing herself from the one who is causing her hurt and distress (Like Arnav, who, in the beginning refused to acknowledge that Khushi had a great effect on him, unlike anyone else).

Arnav on the other hand, is indulging in child-like harkatein, playing along with the kids, worrying and teasing them (Much like our Khushi, who loves being around kids, and is like a kid herself from time to time).

On seeing all this, I can only say that, the characters are getting used to each other, absorbing each other's personalities (though Arnav seems to have been a naughty kid - do, maybe it's just being drawn out).

Besides all that, I have always been impressed by Khushi's ability to go on in life, no matter how terrible. This time too, handling the dabba service (even after Arnav's cryptic statement of  'do something better in life') - it was nice to see that she will do as she likes, and won't be dictated to... (I absolutely loved Arnav's incredulous look of disbelief when Nani told him that she's still handling the dabba service business) πŸ˜† Adding to that, the tuition classes show that Khushi is not one to sit idle like the rest of the RM ladies - she is bent upon using her time (though this could also be that she's keeping her distance from Shaitan) - killing two birds with one stone, seems like!

Looks like, we'll be seeing more episodes of these two changing their outlooks, their habits, and behaviours, till the MU is sorted. This is a time, when it's best to keep low expectations from the team... With the alarming number of hints dropped to both the parties, and the hair-wrenching moments when they fail to 'pick up' on these hints are enough to breeze through the episodes.

---

Well, now for some 'likes' and 'dislikes' concerning the okay-okay episode;

1. Linking the Beauty and the Beast story to Khushi-Arnav. Both related quite well with their ehm.. designated characters (just like the Heer-Ranjha roles)

2. Sanaya!! Her expression that changes from anger to hurt (when Arnav suddenly appears at the door during the story-telling session). For an instant, I thought she would open her mouth and start her jibber-jabber, but pheww, thankfully she was reminded of the jibes and the hurt, and turned her back to him. NOTE: CV's please explore Khushi's character a bit more too (stop focussing so much on Arnav!)

3. The dejection and pain, and confusion in Sanaya's eyes as she wondered aloud about Shaitan and Rajkumar being the same person.

4. I liked Arnav's instant head jerk, when he realised that Khushi saw 'him', and not 'creepoo' as her 'Rajkumar'. That blew him right away, forgot to even water his plants πŸ˜†

5. Arnav connecting Khushi's 'pal mein sukh, doosre pal mein hi dukh' line to his actions, first as a loving Ranjha, and then a man with a violent temper. Also, liked Khushi remembering his roughness while demanding answers from her. (now if only both of their brains would get out of the freezer and start freakin' connecting the dots instead of just remembering stuff!!)

6. Mamiji's dialogue 🀣 "personal bacche na hojaye..." and Arnav's 'what the!!!' shocked expression on hearing that!
🀣

7. Arnav's naughty side... The CV's are showing a change in this man's character, and much as I love the old ASR, this side of his nature too was good to see! (Pssst... CV's, please don't entirely change dear ASR, okay!)

8. LOL'd at Arnav's dialogue to Nikhil "Oye sun, mujhe abhi bhook lagi hai.. kyun na tumhe se kaam chala loon?" πŸ˜†

9. The 'Kiddos Mail Service' - these two can't resist not talking with one another, no matter how much they insist that they don't want to talk. (Reminds me of the time Khushi came up with the 'Khamoshi' plan to get Arnav to agree for the Sangeet).

10. Anjali - yet again, she is the one constant medium that receives over a hundred chances to bring these two warring kids together. Wonder what she'll come up with this time?

DISLIKES

1. Arnav's reaction on 'finally' finding Khushi after two days. I mean, SERIOUSLY!!?? After missing the girl so much, and dreaming about her, and searching for her... you don't heave a sigh of relief? you don't have a flicker of happiness run through you? you don't feel like sayin 'yipppe-aye-yayyy' I've found my girl?? (okay, this last one is too drastic for Arnav to do), but, some good emotion instead of just saying 'what the hell is going on?' and walking off stiffly? 😑

2. Naniji - Elooo, you are the wise, old one! Didn't it strike you as odd that Arnav bitwaa doesn't know what his Khushi is upto? He doesn't have an 'inkling' about her plans, businesses and ideas?

3. Layout of RM - This is one architectural marvel! More than half the rooms look over the poolside - one time the drawing room, next the guest room, then nani's room! Though i do remember that when Lavanya used the guest room, they showed it in the same way - Arnav looking at them from his garden, but at that time his eyes were levelled with the room, not turned up like yesterday!

Well, that's about it for the 'likes' and 'dislikes'. Will probably update it once I see the episode all over again... it was an okay-okay episode. (I agree with DB, that, all this is due to the fact IPL is on, we're not moving ahead much - the episodes are just a way to bide time till lord knows when!)

Edited by sea.nymph - 12 years ago
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: barun2297

brilliant work n u r rite beauty n the beast is a very apt story 4 arhi!

ThanQ , Barun ..πŸ˜›
siamesecat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great analysis as usualπŸ‘
wished there was a scene to show A relieved to finally see K, then demand where she was. momentum of FANTASTIC friday episode not maintained.😭
second half was typical filler stuff,and A playing post post with K using kids, I cant picture A like that somehow.
Doods, this is scary, do we really have to tolerate this funny/ gimmicky fillers till end of may? and then the story will move towards a resolution? 

Edited by siamesecat - 12 years ago
Josupra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sathya I love your analysis & IP Redux.. The way you, doods & other interpret the show gives us a very good insight into the show.. While rewatching some of the old scenes told, I was bowled by the teej slcene. Looks like there are a lot of symbolisims but I could not decode properly.. When Kushi comes to return the taal.. she sees Arnav & stops, when payal questions her, she says she needs to by some bangles & Payal takes the taal & returns it to Anjali. So, is it Payal reveals Shyams identity? Then when Kushi is about to faint, she drops her taal wich has sindoor & flowers & when she is about to fall, Arnav runs across hurdles to hold her & breaks her fast... can someone decode this in detail?
sumana-13 thumbnail
Sathya πŸ€—... I loved your analysis πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘ ... 
thanks for the Video clip of B& B ... it made me so nostalgic πŸ˜... I know it is there in the Library and am going to watch it tomorrow πŸ˜... along with a few of the girls here ... 
Excellent thinking by the creatives  πŸ‘ ... 
I think ppl just enjoy bashing them for no rhyme or reason πŸ˜’...
 IPKKND is in the safe hands of awesome directors...