leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Though it is the story that gripped us for months, actually we fell in love with each of the characters. It is literally a feast to see so many talented and sophisticated actors coming together and some new ones being introduced to portray complex characters.

Devyani, Uttara, Subhankar are played by experienced and rare actors who have tremendous talent, chaisma and experience. Among these Indrani Haldar who essays Devyani has made a very rare reappearance. Her grace, her clear dialogue delivery made her a favourite with many though her character had not been etched properly. Kamya Punjabi who is seductive and a great actress handled the difficult role of Uttara with skill. And Diwaker Pundir as Subhankar also has a different role of a happy go lucky lawyer who falls in love with his client.

Most have seen Vishwajeet Pradhan who plays Brahma for the first time in Maryada and he floored the viewers with his bravura performance. What an actor! And matching him is Mona Ambegaonkar who plays Roshnidevi as if she is born to play that role.

And Daksh who plays Gaurav. How many hearts he stole besides that of Vidya. He underplayed his role and yet made an impact. And his friend Karan singh who played Karan also made a not so brief but lasting impression. Gay relationship depicted perhaps for the first time on Indian television in a daily soap.

Riddhi and Rakesh who plays the couple Priya and Adi can be called the cutest, prettiest and most realistic couple who never got any awards for their excellent performance but have won many hearts.Vindhya plays Vidya  with conviction and has won many hearts due to her simplicity and gullibility. She nowadays looks perfectly dumb too due to CVs.

The fashionable servant and her dude husband are a treat to watch though now they are being sidetracked now.

Brahma's father fondly called Bauji by Arun Bali is a philoshopher who watches his wicked son's antics with anger and amusement. His role is restricted and now sent to Haridwar. May comeback for the last goodbye. His presence made brahma uncomfortable as though facing his a stern school teacher.

And Chinu and his father are forgotten. Gaurav and Karan are being sent away along with Bauji.

The plot was really good and we witnessed some of the most memorable episodes Though of late we got impatient. Yet  Maryada remains an iconic show not only for StarPlus but also for the Indian Television. Much better than many of the shows that have higher trps.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by leavesandwaves - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

leavesandwaves thumbnail
Not to forget the haryanvi dialect. Now I can go to Haryana and can understand what they speak to some extent.
leavesandwaves thumbnail
i wondered why each one had such different dressing style? Devyani's fully covered with yards of cloth. uttara really sizzled with her fashion sense. Priya dressed for the occasions and even in simple attire looked attractive. The politican Roshnidevi had her distinctive style while Vidya did not care much. Imli rocked with her short sarees? and sexy blouses with so many knots.

leavesandwaves thumbnail
And it ends on Friday the 13th. A number and day combination which is feared by the superstitious.
doitagain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
so it will become an unforgettable HISTORY...

i am too choosy (may be people among u people too)

i will never forget it 

what ever when ever  it ends...

i was totally involved as if i was one of them...

total reality... other name for MARYADA ...lakin kab tak

🤗🤗🤗
the only unreal thing could happen to it yet suits its title maryada ...lakin kab tak

is shubhankar and devyani marriage

but i dont think thats in the card

fingers crossed

i love you DEVYANI

Edited by doitagain - 12 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
For a fitting finale, Devyani and Subhankar should get married. Hope Brahma kills MJ by mistake.😉
doitagain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

For a fitting finale, Devyani and Subhankar should get married. Hope Brahma kills MJ by mistake.😉

its really funny (KILL MJ)  ðŸ¤£ 

and true voice of my heart (i am trying ti hide by imagining that devyani kills BJ) ðŸ˜Š

TUMHARAY MUN MAIN GHEE SHAKAR ðŸ˜›
I wanna see bauji atleast.
maryadalover thumbnail
my love for this show brought me here in this forum...
i didn't know what title should i give to my profile,but finally the title i gave,was best suited...
love maryada, all songs naina banjare,ye ishq hai,mhara sajan ji and specially jeevan phera are with me and i am going to listen these songs till the ends of my life...