Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavyasam thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gandhi Ji was called the father of Nation and a Mahatma because people who followed him believed him to be, and they were not just handful , they were in millions, surely so many could not have been wrong.  His call for a Non-Violent movement appealed to many than the violent measures.  He had his flaws (personal) , as agreed by his grandson himself.  But they are less when compared to his contributions to the Independence Movement.  If he had gone to South Africa to make money and fame he would have done the same after come back instead of being clad in hand woven khadi and leading a comfort free life. 

Gandhiji and Irwin pact could have saved Bhagat SIngh,  But even if it did would Bhagat SIngh be proud of being pardoned, no, he had requested instead to be blown off as a warrior than being pardoned and he was right.  Gandhi's request to pardon the three heros written on the same day of execution obiviously could not have been of help.  Here I would say Gandhi ji thinking Bhagat SIngh's way of violence could not have brought independence is wrong. There is no one way to attain a goal.  Still he cannot be held responsible for not saving Bhagat SIngh. 

Along with Gandhi there are many heros who have contributed as a whole for the Independence.  But wihich was more popular and moved the nation as a whole - it was Gandhi's call and hence the credit he gets.  Even Netaji is believed to have said that he was amazed at the command Gandhi had on people and how they obeyed his call for non violent movements.  There are clashes of ideologies among all the freedom fighters ,  and each one has got credit for that.  We know Bhagat SIngh as Shaheed, Subhash Chandra Bose as Netaji, Nehru as chachaji,  Sardar Patel as the Iron Man, Gangadhar Tilak as Lokmanya, Gandhi ji as Mahatma. 

I believe everyone deserved the titles given to them.
Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: souro

Where did the idea of conferring 'Mahatma' title for Nathuram Godse come from?

If Gandhiji has been touted as a womaniser, liar, corrupt politician who willingly let Bhagat Singh ji die...then the person who killed him can be touted as mahatma...going by the same logic...🤢
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: zorrro

Wow do we have someone from the Gandhi era amongst us? 😕  Now who else could have known that for a fact 😃 My pleasure to meet you. Could you enlighten us with that fact please?
Gandhi must have been much more  powerful than I had imagined 🤓

I am sure you do not live in Punjab or between Punjabis.. because otherwise you would have known that. I do and I have heard a lot about Gandhi, I mean stories and for me they are facts because I trust them but for you they might not be facts.. he could have done more to save Bhagat Singh but he didn't!
Gandhi was prepared to see Bhagat Singh hang on the gallows for the rise of his own principles.
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: souro

Let's get something straight, he didn't mock anyone, he presented his views and the base on which his views are founded. If you don't agree with him, present your counter views. There is no need to 'mock' anyone.

This whole thread is a big mockery of all our freedom fighters...i could understand if such deeply insulting and offending thread was made about a modern day politician or shahrukh or amitabh...but to make it about one of the most revered leaders who is followed not only by Indians but by millions of people all over the world...i take pride when i hear a obama , or a thatcher or another of worl's premier talk so highly of Gandhiji...and yet its sad that our own citizens would use such words about him...In my seven years on IF...this has to be the most degrading and insulting thread made for Gandhiji...I can understand the criticism for his action and policies...he was not perfect...but when u are criticising someone like him...a certain amount of caution needs to be exercised ...you, RTH, Tannisstha have all criticized him on this thread...but I don't feel offended...because u are not insulting him...u r discussing his actions...just saying...that there is a certain way to do things...
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^^ I can understand... I am not a Gandhi supporter either but many of the points listed there at the first page are indeed a bit offensive. Especially for the people who do consider him one of the many Indian freedom fighters.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: anu_luv_maan

do you still think HE WAS MHATMA ???

for me he is Definitely Not a Mahatma nor a Bapu 

zabardasti Desh ka bapu bana rakha hai ... Rupees pe photos chipka rakhi hain 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: HiphopStahKiran

Don't know about the other points there, have never really researched or heard about them but Gandhi could save Bhagat Singh which he never did, and I know that for a fact. That just ruined his whole "mahaan" image for me..

agree

what i heard was that whole India was with Bhagat Singh , specially youngsters who were Bhagat singh followers and he felt insecure  ...he wanted his power/popularity back hence he didn't Save Bhagat singh so that He alone can take the credit of India's freedom and Congress did the Same what he wanted, gave him the whole credit  ... but Thanx to Nathu Ram who killed him ...

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anu_luv_maan

hahahaha wegandhi haters are providing fools like sufficient proof to justify our emotion ...but you are still stuck with your words this , that ...blah blha ...and quotes ...

what do you mean by ppl like mhatma I am not a BLIND person to bliv any crap given by any baseless words   ??? 

jst a reminder  :   I expect your reply only when you have some strong proof to ur words plz dnt preach morality or praise him this will simply prove your point weak ... 😊
kya chla rha hai , kya nahi dnt tell me that ...if u r able to debate to karo 😊

har ek baat pe kehte ho tum ke "tu kya hai"
tum hi kaho ke ye andaaz-e-guftagu kya hai

1) The problem with your topic/posts/arguments/viewpoint/emotions/expression/bhashan/guftagu is that it is incoherent, does not use proper language, and is not clear in presenting your case appropriately. On these grounds alone this does not deserve a response. An example of all of the above is

"hahahaha wegandhi haters are providing fools like sufficient proof to justify our emotion ...but you are still stuck with your words this , that ...blah blha ...and quotes ..."

So basically we are "fools" debating with "emotions" of "haters" here? lol. I mean do you realize what you are saying here. A hater is a hater because in general no argument has or can convince him, her or it to be otherwise.

2) Please forgive me for this part as I am not feeling well however this needs to be said lol. Let me tell you that there is an organ in our body which is called brain. It is located in skull (the watermelon shape structure at the top). The brain receives and deciphers sensory stimuli and executes a response in shape of physical action. However the cognitive part of that organ is what makes us different from other animals. It is responsible for organizing, analyzing, thinking, forming conclusions and taking decisions in response to deciphered stimuli. My advice to you would be to try to exercise your brain as it sharpens those skills. I recommend you to use it at least three times a day and do it just before the meals otherwise it will not yield full benefits.

Once you do that a few times then you will get into the habit of involving cognitive part in between the pathway of stimuli - action. It will be stimuli - cognition - action. Don't worry this is only required in things like debates. For activities like sports stimuli-action is fine. Please consider this and if you then manage to present something understandable and palatable then sure I will be willing to do an effort and happy to dissect your arguments i.e. go into a debate.

3) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is not father of my nation. My people don't call him Bapu. In my country we don't have a holiday after him. It was not my people who gave him the title Mahan Aatma (Mahatma). If anything there will be some in my country who will be more than happy to agree with you and defame him like this based on some shady evidence. So techinically I have no interest in defending him anyway so I was not giving you any bhashan but my admiration.

4) My admiration was in turn based on my opinion based on my observations and opinions of others. I see him being respected in his nation (which I am beginning to doubt now lol). I see him being admired all over the world. I see him been bestowed upon with accolades, titles, movies in his name. I see his respect among ordinary to intelligent. I saw him among great people of last century. Now it is possible that I and billions others have missed some important information (articles from possible loons) but even if some of what you said here is proved it will still be, for me, a drop in an ocean. The positive in favor of this leader is so much that as a neutral if I were to side with the crap you presented then I would be doing injustice to this leader or maybe showing my bias towards father of the nation of a country which my country is at odds with.

5) So I don't have to prove anything to you or other haters. Once I see enough people giving importance to these loony views then sure I am open to changing my mind. I will still not be a hater. At worst we can say there were flaws in him...fine. There are flaws in me and almost everyone I know. Still it seems to me that this little guy did some great things. What he did in his life requires courage at very least. We after 60-70 years sitting on our tashreef and typing on some laptop can claim to hate him but he did something practical in life. You can devalue it a little or accuse him of not being on the right side on all issues but lets not ridicule such a person to the level of hating him. That point alone makes your whole effort inappropriate

Finally, I am aware why some in your country are against him and the motivation behind their mindset but that is your internal matter. I don't care.

Hope you will not mind. Some of my post could be harsh and it could be because I was not feeling well this morning when I wrote the above response. I just copied and posted now. lol.
blue-ice. thumbnail

Originally posted by: King-Anu

[

har ek baat pe kehte ho tum ke "tu kya hai"
tum hi kaho ke ye andaaz-e-guftagu kya hai

1) The problem with your topic/posts/arguments/viewpoint/emotions/expression/bhashan/guftagu is that it is incoherent, does not use proper language, and is not clear in presenting your case appropriately. On these grounds alone this does not deserve a response. An example of all of the above is

"hahahaha wegandhi haters are providing fools like sufficient proof to justify our emotion ...but you are still stuck with your words this , that ...blah blha ...and quotes ..."

So basically we are "fools" debating with "emotions" of "haters" here? lol. I mean do you realize what you are saying here. A hater is a hater because in general no argument has or can convince him, her or it to be otherwise.

2) Please forgive me for this part as I am not feeling well however this needs to be said lol. Let me tell you that there is an organ in our body which is called brain. It is located in skull (the watermelon shape structure at the top). The brain receives and deciphers sensory stimuli and executes a response in shape of physical action. However the cognitive part of that organ is what makes us different from other animals. It is responsible for organizing, analyzing, thinking, forming conclusions and taking decisions in response to deciphered stimuli. My advice to you would be to try to exercise your brain as it sharpens those skills. I recommend you to use it at least three times a day and do it just before the meals otherwise it will not yield full benefits.

Once you do that a few times then you will get into the habit of involving cognitive part in between the pathway of stimuli - action. It will be stimuli - cognition - action. Don't worry this is only required in things like debates. For activities like sports stimuli-action is fine. Please consider this and if you then manage to present something understandable and palatable then sure I will be willing to do an effort and happy to dissect your arguments i.e. go into a debate.

3) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is not father of my nation. My people don't call him Bapu. In my country we don't have a holiday after him. It was not my people who gave him the title Mahan Aatma (Mahatma). If anything there will be some in my country who will be more than happy to agree with you and defame him like this based on some shady evidence. So techinically I have no interest in defending him anyway so I was not giving you any bhashan but my admiration.

4) My admiration was in turn based on my opinion based on my observations and opinions of others. I see him being respected in his nation (which I am beginning to doubt now lol). I see him being admired all over the world. I see him been bestowed upon with accolades, titles, movies in his name. I see his respect among ordinary to intelligent. I saw him among great people of last century. Now it is possible that I and billions others have missed some important information (articles from possible loons) but even if some of what you said here is proved it will still be, for me, a drop in an ocean. The positive in favor of this leader is so much that as a neutral if I were to side with the crap you presented then I would be doing injustice to this leader or maybe showing my bias towards father of the nation of a country which my country is at odds with.

5) So I don't have to prove anything to you or other haters. Once I see enough people giving importance to these loony views then sure I am open to changing my mind. I will still not be a hater. At worst we can say there were flaws in him...fine. There are flaws in me and almost everyone I know. Still it seems to me that this little guy did some great things. What he did in his life requires courage at very least. We after 60-70 years sitting on our tashreef and typing on some laptop can claim to hate him but he did something practical in life. You can devalue it a little or accuse him of not being on the right side on all issues but lets not ridicule such a person to the level of hating him. That point alone makes your whole effort inappropriate

Finally, I am aware why some in your country are against him and the motivation behind their mindset but that is your internal matter. I don't care.

Hope you will not mind. Some of my post could be harsh and it could be because I was not feeling well this morning when I wrote the above response. I just copied and posted now. lol.

awesome post King ji...⭐️
Regarding the higlighted part...please don't keep any doubts...Gandhi ji is respected by billions all over the world and India...on this thread you will see members like Souro, RTH and Tannishta discussing his actions and putting their views...if they disagree with some of his actions doesn't mean DISRESPECT...Now as a grown up when I look back...I do question some of the decisions my parents made...but that was their perspective...and even I may not agree with some...I have the utmost RESPECT for my parents...

You would only see a few thumping their chest in glee here...that oh...good that some f*cking a*shole...Godse killed Gandhiji...but people holding these views and who feel happy that a leader was assassinated...are thankfully...just a handful...and they are entitled to their views...which they form probably after reading books and articles by looney tunes and even murderes...well this is the perk of living in a free and democratic country...for which I ofcourse thank Gandhiji and all the freedom fighters...😛

Originally posted by: Arwen.

I never really understood this .. Why do people say that Gandhi ji could have prevented the hanging of Bhagat Singh 😕? Did he that kind of influence over the Brits or what 😕?

I too have been wondering about that. Confused If Gandhi had that kind of influence surely he could have simply asked the British to scurry off and they would have. Just goes to show how an often repeated opinion no matter how incredible it sounds manages to gain a foothold amongst gossipmongers.