Karan’s new show--Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
'Rang de...' inspires serial
Vidya Prabhu

Thursday, May 25, 2006  18:18 IST

Reality and books have always been fodder for films. But if the latest trend is anything to go by, films in turn are inspiring TV serials.

So while TV actor Karishma Tanna is essaying a character similar to that of Rani Mukerji in 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', aspirant Karan Mehra plays the lead role in a serial apparently similar to this year's hit 'Rang De Basanti' (RDB). The show is tentatively called 'Laskhya'.

An ecstatic Karan (will also been seen in 'Sati-Satya ki Shakti') says, "I am excited about working in this show as it is strongly reminiscent of RDB. I have already shot for the pilot." He is however, quick to add that the show is not a copy of the film.

"It revolves around a group of five friends and how they rebel against the underworld. So in that sense, it's not RDB all the way," he notes.

Producer Lalvijay Shahdeo elaborates, "I had always wanted to make a serial about the youth and their power. This being my maiden venture there was no better subject I could have chosen."

But he maintains that he planned to make this show even before RDB was released. "Moreover, Govind Namdeo who plays the negative role is a don and not a politician. So the show is totally my baby. The success of RDB has given me confidence to go ahead with it," he reiterates.

Both Karan and Lalvijay hope that 'Lakshya' enjoys the success that RDB has won.  The show will air towards the year's end tentatively on DD.

... Karan Mehra: Hoping to hit big time

Edited by khushix - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago
Looking forward to this show. Since it is a youthful one, can we hope to see more faces from SRA.