llSerenityll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
The darkness of night was illuminated by the bright moonlight shining itself upon the earth. Everyone but Rashi, Gopi and Ahem was already asleep. Rashi 's footsteps echoed in the empty hallway of the eerily silent Modi Bhavan as she walked to her room lazily, exhausted from all the housework that she had to do because Gopi was forbidden from doing any work. As she walked past Gopi's bedroom, she heard her and Ahem chuckling like a happy married couple. She smiled to herself and knocked on the open door lightly to let her presence be known.  
"What is going on in here, may I join in?" The couple smiled at her and granted her permission to enter with a nod of their heads. Gopi was lying down on the bed , while Ahem sat next to her, his hands placed on her bulging stomach. She was 9 months into her pregnancy, her stomach was swollen largely, as if she the baby would pop out any second and had the glow of a pregnant woman on her face. Rashi entered the room and sat on the other side of Gopi, across from Ahem. Gopi's face was lit up in excitement as she reported the baby rolling inside her belly. Ahem, the proud soon-to-be-father, was just as excited as her as he felt the baby moving beneath his palms. The corner of his eyes creased as he grinned broadly at his wife.
"Do you recognize me? I'm your Papa." Ahem talked to his baby in a sweet, animated voice. Their eyes went wide with amazement as they felt their very own baby moving, responding to his father's voice.
"I can't wait for you to come into this world. I promise I'll try to be the best father I can be." , Ahem promised sincerely.

Rashi placed her hands on her cousin's stomach to feel the baby, jumping up and down with joy as she felt the sensation.
"Oooh I can feel him !!", Rashi exclaimed in a high-pitched voice due to her amusement.
"No, it's not a him. It will be a girl and she will resemble her mother.", Ahem insisted to Rashi. He wanted a girl that looked just like his loving wife. He would then treat her like a princess and make up for all the pain that he inflicted on Gopi.
"No, Ahem jiju ! It will be a boy. I know it ." By then, Rashi and Ahem were arguing back and forth about the gender of the baby while Gopi smiled looking at both of them. She stopped them as their voices got louder.
"It doesn't matter. We will all love him or her regardless of the baby's gender. Babies are a gift from God so we should be thankful."
"You're right Gopi but I still hope it is a girl." Ahem smiled at his wife, gazing at her affectionately and Gopi smiled back. They were interrupted by Rashi clearing her throat.
"Well, I'll leave you two alone now. Good night." Before Rashi could step out the doorway, Gopi's water broke. Ahem hurried with Gopi to the hospital while Rashi informed the other family members. They rushed into another car and entered the hospital. Moments later, a sharp wailing of the baby broke the silence. The family hugged each other as they congratulated one another with their new titles; their excitement could not be contained. The Modis, finally had a tiny bundle of joy to play with that would cause chaos in the house with its small footsteps. Ahem bursted out from the room and informed,
"It's a girl !!" 

A couple of years later
"Come back here, Radha !" Gopi ran after her daughter, refusing to eat any food before going to play. She was circling repeatedly around the sofas in the living room. Just then, a pair of hands caught her mid-step and held her up high above his head. Radha screamed and giggled in delight and enjoyment. 
"Papa !!" Chirag and Jigar entered through the doorway after Ahem and sat down on the sofa to watch the couple's sweet interaction with their child.
"How's my little girl huh?"
"Very naughty. She doesn't want to eat anything.", Gopi answered. She still held the plate with food in her hand.
"Don't want to eat anything? Why Radharani? What is your Mummy saying?" Ahem held her in his arms and sat with her on the sofa.
"If you don't eat you will stay little. Don't you want to grow up, princess?", Jigar added. Kokila, Hetal and Rashi joined in the living room, placing trays of tea and snacks for the men on the table.
"Radha, don't be a bad girl. Or else, I won't give you chocolate anymore.", Rashi said strictly.
"Yes, don't give her anything until she eats. Will you eat now?", Ahem questioned. Radha nodded quickly. Meanwhile, Gopi watched her daughter being pampered with a huge smile on her face. Ahem had become a great father, always helping her with Radha and she had become her Daddy's little girl. She handed him the plate and sat down next to him to hold Radha in her lap.

Gopi picked the name Radha because she was Lord Krishna's lover and childhood friend and because she loved her Kanhaji, she wanted to name her daughter Radha. When she suggested it to the family, everyone fell in love with the name and when her daughter was born, they fell in love with her as well.
"Ahem dikra, you go and freshen up. I'll help Gopi vahu to feed Radha.", Kokila offered.
"Jee Mom." Ahem handed her the plate, kissed his daughter's cheek and left. The family listened as Radha spoke about her whole day and laughed at her adorable, childish acts occasionally. Since Radha had been born, the house was always filled with happiness and excitement. It was true, everyone spoiled her a bit as they could not refuse her cute, puppy face when she asked for something. Afterall, she was the only child in the Modi family and what an angel she was. She had brought sunshine into their home and spread her brightness into everyone's hearts. Radha had become the reason for the smiles on their faces and laughter in their eyes. There was nothing more Gopi could wish for. She thanked God everyday for the blessings he had showered upon their family, but still she did not feel that her appreciation was enough. Gopi hoped that nothing would ever change the way her family was at the moment, that nothing would wipe out their happiness. She treasured her family more than anything. She made a promise to herself that day. Nothing would harm her family anymore. Nothing.  And she would make sure of it. Edited by GohamHungry - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
that was a wonderful OS ahlam...radha indeed is a little angel isnt she...loved gohem as parents and the whole family happy and united...
famzii05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ahlam that was awesome!! lovely and so sweet!! The Modis ahve their toy now!! 😆

I loved the choice of the name and also loved the Daughter and father interaction.. really sweet!
Radha.. bubly and naughty... Gopis resolution at the end was very firm and strong...
Thanks for the OS!! really beautifully written!! 😃👏
Edited by famzii05 - 12 years ago
jazz54321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
that was a lovely os😊 Edited by snsaufan - 12 years ago
FlowerHater thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
what I loved the most was positive rashi loving and caring her family and sis!!!!! I soo much want to see rashi positive!!!!
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Loved it Sooo Cute os 😃
rsk16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
really amazing n lovely os.
Sandy914 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow thats so beautiful.. Everything is just passing infront of my eyes.. gopi running around with food plate around.. Ahem hold her up.. cute.. so a lovely one.. Loved it..
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Ahlam what a cute OS.  Loved it.
doc4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Loved ur OS! ⭐️