Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

New twist for Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat!

New twist for Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat!

Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat of Colors TV introduces a new character

As the name suggest 'Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat', the serial that airs on Colors has kept the audience glued to the television set with its intriguing storyline.

Rohini hattangadiStoryline that is the brainchild of Abbas Mustan, has found favors with the audience, who feel that the digression of story from family soaps is a welcome break. Living up to the challenge of enthralling audience with their cativating story line, the makers of the show have a surprise in store for their fans.

Episode on 4th April, will see a new addition to the already studded starcast of the show – Veteran actress 'Rohini Hattangadi'. She will be essaying the role of a 'Tantrik'. Rohini Hattangadi is a stalwart in the field of acting and has been bestowed with the prestigious BAFTA and two filmfares. 

She has also etched her name in Television Industry , with powerful performances in serials like 'Ghar ki Lakshmi Betiyaan',  'Thoda hai thode ki jarurat hai' and many more. 

Reporter: Ranjini N.
Author: Medha M.

We gujaratis don't patronise our own films: Bhairavi Raichura

We gujaratis don't patronise our own films: Bhairavi Raichura
Bhairavi Raichura
Her claim to fame was her famous onscreen avatar as Kaajalbhai in the show Hum Paanch. 

Since then actor Bhairavi Raichura has been constantly romancing the small screen. After having given subtle yet commendable performances in shows like Astitva - Ek Prem Kahaani, Balika Vadhu, Sasural Genda Phool et al Bhairavi has started another innings on the small screen as she dons the hat of a producer. 

This petite actress was in Ahmedabad to promote her debut show as a producer Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat. Probe her if turning a producer was always on mind and she says, "After acting for almost 18 years, I wanted to graduate to the next level. For the last two years, my very good friend Nandita Mehra and I were discussing about the possibility of producing a show. And here I am with my first offering." 

It does not end here, as Bhairavi braced herself up with a thriller, a genre that's picking up strongly on the small screen. The actor feels, "As a new producer, if you've to make a mark, you have to do something different and risky. Luckily, the channel helped me polish up this story-line. I've ensured this show doesn't fall on the line of typical saas-bahu sagas." 

The actor, however, is keen on continuing with her acting endeavors too. "I will not quit acting as that is my first love. Although, it is not going to be easy acting as well as meeting the demands as a producer. That's why, I took a break for a couple of weeks from Sasural Genda Phool." 

Ask her if she's been choosy about her roles for the reason that we've never seen her portraying a docile bahu or a vamp in saas-bahu soaps? The actor says, "I can say I've been lucky to do the roles that are modern or close to reality." 

According to the actor small screen has glammed up over the years. "TV has turned into a glamourous industry now. Most serials have as big budgets. And, the major change has been the drift from weekly shows to daily shows - which has significantly changed the way small screen functions," she says. 

For all you who don't know, Bhairavi also acted in a Gujarati serial named Saptapadi. She says, "People keep asking me why I'm not part of Gujarati films, but, I never got any offers for G-Town projects. And the way Marathi, Bengali or Telugu people follow their regional serials, films or shows, we Gujaratis don't enjoy Gujarati shows or films. That's why the industry is almost on the verge of decline." 

Bhairavi is attuned to Gujarati culture and her regular meals include Gujarati food. She says, "I eat proper Gujarati food at home made by my mother. I have many relatives in Ahmedabad and I love Law Garden as it is a good shopping area. I love coming to Ahmedabad but my work schedule doesn't permit much liberty to pay more visits."

Hunar has encouraged me: Avinesh Rekhi

'Chhal Sheh Aur Maat' has seen an increase in TRPs this week, scoring a total of 1.6 points. This goes to show that the serial is slowly picking up in spite of the IPL fever and being relatively new on TV.

The plot has already started to thicken with the equation between Kabir and Aditi aka Neha changing. On last night's episode, when Dushyant Singh aka Sooraj Thapar decides to shoot Aditi, Kabir Jaiswal steps in and takes the bullet for her. Is the chemistry between the two increasing?

Spooky Saturday with Karan Goddwani!

Saturday, May 19, 2012 | 11:45:16 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   
Spooky Saturday with Karan Goddwani!

Tellybuzz brings to you 'Spooky Saturday' with your favourite stars. Tellybuzz will try and get your stars to open up about their brush with the uncanny!

This week we have Karan Goddwani who currently is seen in Colors TV's 'Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat' as Ranveer Jaiswal. We spoke to him to know what sends shivers down his spine...

Do you believe in Supernatural and uncanny?

Absolutely yes!

The scariest horror story you heard as a child.

We all have heard horror stories as kid. I remember I was petrified of 'Teen Mundi Waali Aurat' ( three headed lady ). The story went that she would surface only at night and would prey on helpless kids. As soon at the clock would strike 8pm I would run home and be petrified as I did not want to end up on the plate for that scary lady (Laughs)

Have you ever had a brush with the uncanny?

I was about 16 years old and we were returning from Goa. It was a train journey and there are a lot of small villages along the route. We stopped at one station for tea and I decided to venture out. I was staring at this jungle which was not very far from me , when I saw a flour scent green light shine in one part of the jungle. It just kept moving from one tree to another. I stayed there hoping for some explanation but could not find any. It was very eerie and spooky!

When have you been the most scared?

I used to share my room with my brother and one fine night he gets up at 3am screaming his lungs out. He had a horrible nightmare and there I'm trying to console him. He is not talking, just screaming and crying. However, he just kept staring at a particular wall and kept crying. It was terrifying.

Your favorite horror movie.

1408 is my favorite horror movie.

Any horror dare that you have done.

Where I stay, there is this supposedly haunting building. The dare was to step inside the premises and stay there for a couple of minutes and then get back. None of my friends attempted it. I did gather my guts and went to complete the challenge, but I just touched the building and came running back (Laughs!)

Reporter and Author - Medha Parashar

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Only pomp, no show!

Chhal - Shah Aur Maat The show, in an attempt to create and unfold mysteries, is only getting caught in its own web. Though launched amidst great fanfare and tall claims with the director duo of Abbas-Mustan (who have directed popular thriller movies) applauding the step taken by the channel, Chhal has lost its grip on the viewers, who feel that the story is dragging slow with a relatively new cast. The show opened with a rating of 2 but has now dipped to 1.5, quite low for a primetime slot.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Only-pomp-no-show/articleshow/13164235.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Aditi's truth to be revealed in Chhal-Sheh aur Maat?

Purva Desai, TNN | May 25, 2012, 04.36PM IST

Aditi's truth to be revealed in Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat?
Hunar Hali More Pics
Everybody seems to be conspiring against Aditi (Hunar Hali) and Kabir (Avinesh Rekhi) in Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat.

First it is CID officer Dushyant (Sooraj Thapar) and now its Kabir's younger brother, Ranveer (Karan Goddwani). On last night's episode, Aditi aka Neha (Hunar Hali) is shocked to find that Dushyant (Sooraj Thapar) is responsible for Gattu's kidnapping. When Dushyant finds out that Aditi has duped him with the money, he points a gun at her.

Sources inform that in tonight's episode, Ranveer will find Rishi (Abhishek Malik) and offers him money to reveal Neha's true identity. Ranveer convinces Rishi to tell the entire Jaiswal house that Aditi is actually an ordinary girl called Neha from Delhi, to which Rishi agrees. Next week, Rishi will land up at Kabir and Aditi's wedding. Will the truth come out in the open?

When contacted, Karan aka Ranveer said, "Yes there is an interesting track coming up In Chhal Sheh Aur Maat but I cannot reveal much right now. But I'm sure audiences will be in for a surprise".

Hunar doesn't fancy fancy Bollywood!

There have been a host of TV actors who have tried to make their mark in Bollywood.

Some have tried and many have failed! Does it hold true for TV actors that all of them aspire to make it in Bollywood? Contrary to popular belief, many TV personalities think otherwise. Here's a look at three popular TV celebs who are content with television.

Hunar Hali- This Delhi girl has been very clear from the beginning about TV being her forte and main focus. Hunar, who plays the main lead Aditi aka Neha in Chhal Sheh Aur Maat says, "The TV industry is female oriented and dominated in comparison to films". She further adds, "For me, there was a very clear divide between TV and films. I'd rather be successful in one place than wander". Like Shahrukh Khan who is the baadshah of Bollywood, Hunar "wants to be the begum of TV".

Sometimes, Bollywood is not always the answer, at least for many TV actors.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB:Are Rishi and Neha cheating Kabir?

Saturday, May 26, 2012 | 4:49:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   
Are Rishi and Neha cheating Kabir?

The upcoming episodes of Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat are going make the audience more curious about finding the identity of the real cheater!

The viewers have always been inquisitive about knowing about who is doing 'Chhal' with whom in Colors Tv show 'Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat?'. According to the current track of the show, Aditi (Hunar Hali) and Kabir (Avinesh Rekhi) are getting married. Ranveer (Karan Goddwani) got to know the reality behind Aditi and Kabir's relationship in the last few episodes.

In the upcoming track of the show, viewers will get to see Ranveer offering money to Rishi (Abhishek Malik) to reveal the real identity of Neha before the family for which Rishi will agree. Rishi is expected to be cheating Ranveer and Kabir and when he arrives for the marriage ceremony of Aditi and Kabir, he will wink at Neha.

Will Rishi unveil the truth of Aditi before the Jaiswal family for money? Are Rishi and Neha cheating Kabir? The upcoming episodes of Chhal are going to get more interesting for the viewers..

We tried contacting Hunar Hali to find out more about the news, but she remained unavailable for the moment.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Anwesha Kamal

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Tube, thrillers & TRPS

Ano Patel, TNN | May 29, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Read More:Sushant Singh|Punar Vivah|Glamour|CID|Chhal ' Sheh Aur Maat
Tube, thrillers & TRPS
A still from CID
Thrillers and crime shows on television are gaining popularity by the day. TOI finds out

If you thought that the audiences loved only the plotting saas or the bechari bahu going about their role play in the run of-the-mill saas bahu soaps, you are certainly not keeping up with the times as far as TV shows are concerned! 

Hailed as the new big medium, television, much like B-Town, is now churning out shows on a variety of subjects and crime shows and thrillers are leading from the front. The small screen now has several shows that are sending shivers down the spines of the viewers, thanks to the suspense element. While shows like CID and Crime Patrol have been consistent TRP toppers, other crime/thriller shows making an impact include Savdhan India, Chhal- Sheh Aur Maat, Gumrah -End of Innocence and the upcoming Special Force. 

Asked about the high interest level in such shows, producer Gorky says, "TV and films as mediums are changing now. People want to see something new and different. " 

Actor Sushant Singh, who anchors Savdhan India, feels it is the human psyche that makes these shows popular. He says, "Crimes and criminals always carry an intriguing element. The dark world with no laws, morals or ethics always fascinates people, whether it is books, movies or TV shows. Also, when people see these shows, they feel secure in a way, that something like that did not happen to them."
Actor Anoop Soni, who anchors Crime Patrol, agrees, "In Crime Patrol, every case is something that a homemaker, businessman or any common person can identify with. It is all about human relationships and emotions." 

He adds, "Viewers really connect to these shows even without any Glamour, jewellery or heavy make-up. These shows have something to offer consistently." 

But it is not just the non-fiction shows which are focusing on crime. Even fiction shows have their sequences of thrill and suspense to offer. A tad different from the regular tear-jerker drama. Even if only in parts, the thrill element has successfully managed to keep people glued to the television screens. Whether it is a kid getting kidnapped in Punar Vivah, or the basic storyline of Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat, the love for thrillers is beyond doubt. The changing interests have even led to a few actors treading the different path and associating themselves with such shows. Actor Hunar Hali says, "I did not want to do the same sort of roles again and again. Chhal is very different from other shows. I feel a show like this will make a difference." 

Well, saas-bahu soaps now will face some stiff (read thrilling) competition in the days to come! . Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail

Thrillers and crime shows on television are gaining popularity by the day. AT finds out

Ano Patel 

If you thought that the audiences loved only the plotting saas or the bechari bahu going about their role play in the run ofthe-mill saas bahu soaps, you are certainly not keeping up with the times as far as TV shows are concerned! Hailed as the new big medium, television, much like B-Town, is now churning out shows on a variety of subjects and crime shows and thrillers are leading from the front. The small screen now has several shows that are sending shivers down the spines of the viewers, thanks to the suspense element. While shows like CID and Crime Patrol have been consistent TRP toppers, other crime/thriller shows making an impact include 
    Savdhan India, Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat, Gumrah 'End of Innocence and the upcoming Special Force. 
Asked about the high interest level in such shows, producer Gorky says, "TV and films as mediums are changing now. People want to see something new and different. " 
    Actor Sushant Singh, who anchors Savdhan India, feels it is the human psyche that makes these shows popular. He says, "Crimes and criminals always carry an intriguing element. The dark world with no laws, morals or ethics always fascinates people, whether it is books, movies or TV shows. Also, when people see these shows, they feel secure in a way, that something like that did not happen to them." 
    Actor Anoop Soni, who anchors Crime Patrol, agrees, "In Crime Patrol, every case is something that a homemaker, businessman or any common person can identify with. It is all about human relationships and emotions." 
    He adds, "Viewers really connect to these shows even without any glamour, jewellery or heavy make-up. These shows have something to offer consistently." 
But it is not just the nonfiction shows which are focusing on crime. Even fiction shows have their sequences of thrill and suspense to offer. A tad different from the regular tear-jerker drama. Even if only in parts, the thrill element has successfully managed to keep people glued to the television screens. Whether it is a kid getting kidnapped in Punar Vivah, or the basic storyline of Chhal ' Sheh Aur Maat, the love for thrillers is beyond doubt. The changing interests have even led to a few actors treading the different path and associating themselves with such shows. Actor Hunar Hali says, "I did not want to do the same sort of roles again and again. Chhal is very different from other shows. I feel a show like this will make a difference." 
Well, saasbahu soaps now will face some stiff (read thrilling) competition in the days to come! 
ano.patel@ timesgroup.com 

(From top) CID, Gumraah - End Of Innocence and Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat

swethasyam08 thumbnail

Abhishek Malik's fan-tastic experience!

Purva Desai, TNN | Jun 11, 2012, 04.22PM IST

Read More:Hhal Sheh Aur Maat|Colors Tv|Abhishek Malik (Rishi Shekhawat)
Abhishek Malik's fan-tastic experience!
Abhishek MalikMore Pics
Abhishek Malik aka Rishi Shekhawat of Chhal Sheh Aur Maat finds it difficult to go shopping!

This Delhi lad is a model who made his debut with Bhairavi Raichura's thriller, Chhal Sheh Aur Maat on Colors Tv. And audiences have loved him so much, that whenever Abhishek goes shopping to a mall in Delhi, people recognize him and mob him!

Says Abhishek, "People who watch the show instantly recognize me. Recently a woman came forward and told me that what I was doing with my onscreen co-actor Neha (Hunar Hali) was not right. It feels nice when fans appreciate your acting. I have to think twice before going to a mall in Delhi as crowds gather and people start clicking my pictures and ask for autographs. Meeting fans and getting their feedback is a fantastic experience. Who doesn't like the adulation?"

Well, rightly said and deserved Abhishek!