Posted: 12 years ago
 Welcome To The Article Archives Section Of Chhal-Sheh Aur Maat 

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Donot Make Any Comment

Thank You
Edited by gaurav_fan - 12 years ago

South Delhi people are brand conscious:Rishi[Abhi]

This new kid on television is Delhi boy Abhishek Malik, who was Mr Delhi in 2009. Even though Abhishek has shifted base to Mumbai now, his family is still in Delhi, and he plays a Delhi boy in his debut show "Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat".

On his recent visit to the capital, he told us that since his other two co-stars were also Punjabi, they had a great time on the sets. "All three of us are Punjus, and we're pretty much the same age, so it was always so much fun on the sets of the show." 

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-17/tv/31202179_1_delhi-boy-south-delhi-brand

Stalked in real!

Hunar Hali aka Neha of Colors' Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat is a smart, carefree and a fearless woman. 

The show follows the theme of what you see does not really exist and life can change with the snap of a finger. 

Incidentally, Hunar also has had some real life instances from which she could draw inspiration for the show. The actress has encountered stalkers during her growing up years. One instance that continues to send shivers down her spine happened when the actress was in college. She realised that a stranger had been following her with a camera slung across his shoulders right from the station to her college. At first, she diminished all unduly thoughts in her mind, thinking she might be wrong, but to her disappointment, the man followed her the next day too. Seeing the man continue to follow her on a regular basis, Hunar finally decided to confront the man with the help of her close friends. The stalker admitted to be smitten by the girl and her friends  set the guy straight! 

Let's see if her on-screen character Neha has such a lucky escape when she encounters with her stalker in Chhal - Sheh aur Maat.

Television gets a new thriller

Abbas-Mustan with the show's castActress Bhairavi Raichura, who shot to fame as the adorable bossy sister in Hum Paanch, and more recently has acted in Balika Vadhuand Sasural Genda Phool, turns producer with the new fiction showChhal Sheh Aur Maa on Colors TV. The show premieres on today, March 19. 

It revolves around Neha (played by Hunar Halli), who is on her honeymoon with her husband Rishi, when another guy, Kabir, claims he is her husband. Neha then has to unravel this mystery. Rishi and Kabir are played by newcomers Abhishek Mallik and Avinesh Ricky respectively.

Bhairavi is naturally excited about her upcoming venture. 

"Nandita Mehra (co-producer) and I had been toying with several concepts for a long time and nothing seemed as exciting as this show. The concept of a social thriller seemed incredibly appealing. It's scary because no one has ever attempted social thrillers on TV. But how are we going to find out if something works or not until we test the waters?" says the first-time producer. 

She also takes a risk in having new actors, but this was intentional, she says. "We wanted fresh faces so that people would not have any preconceived notions. We are lucky that we got two new boys and they have done a great job."

She admits that being a producer was not a serious option till now.

"I have been in this industry for more than 15 years and I didn't think seriously about production. But just being around in the industry has given me a lot of exposure to various departments of production and I can safely say that I am ready to take the plunge."

Actress Hunar Halli, who started her career with the TV series 12/24 Karol Bagh,and plays the newly-wed woman, says: "I want to be a versatile actor but my past few stints as an actress did not bring that out. I have never done a thriller before and I believe this show will help me brush up my acting skills

http://www.rediff.com/movies/report/television-gets-a-new-thriller/20120319.htm

Karan Godwan male lead in new show Colors Chhal Sheh Aur Maat

Colors channel is bringing a new show, which is titled as Chhal Sheh Aur Maat. The story of Chhal Sheh Aur Maat is a suspense thriller that is based on a married couple in which wife loves her husband very much but husband married her only for money sake. The serial will be showing how things turn bad for married couple after marriage.

Karan Godwan who is presently playing the role of Nandkishore in Star Plus Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon will be seen in the male lead in the Chhal Sheh Aur Maat while Hunar Ali (Karol Bagh fame) will play female lead. Besides Karan and Hunar, Dev Keswani who was last seen Sahara One's Subh Kadam will be playing the character of fun loving and family responsible guy Karan in the show.

Character of Karan has many shades and will enter in the show as friend of male lead Avinesh. Promos of the new show Chhal Sheh Aur Maat have already been telecasted on the channel and it is supposed to replace Phulwa from the 9 pm slot.

http://www.metromasti.com/tv/gossip/Karan-Godwan-male-lead-in-new-show-Colors-Chhal-Sheh-Aur-Maat/16638

Hunar and Abhishek's extreme closeness in public!

Enough of saas-bahu dramas and the lovey-dovey tales as Colors' is all geared up to take you on a ride full of suspense, thrill and conning!

So far you may have seen interesting mysteries being solved in shows such as CIDand many like it, but have you ever thought of watching a daily soap following the same concept. If your answer is no then 24 Frames' debut show Chhal- Sheh Aur Maatis sure to make you experience that. 

Without killing much of the suspense let us just brief you that the plot of the show revolves around a girl named Neha (Hunar Hali) who is unsure about her identity. She is married to Rishi (Abhishek Malik) but another man, Kabir (Avinesh Rekhi), also claims to be her husband. 

The real drama is to be witnessed by you all once the show goes live. But the news which we have got here is about the real life chemistry between the lead, Hunar and Abhishek. During the launch of the show, the two were seen extremely comfortable in each other's company. Not only this they even posed for the shutterbugs all smiling and behaving as if they happen to be married couple in real too.       

And on being probed about their cozy affair, the two ended up saying we are Just Friends leaving us to wonder if this was a publicity gimmick or a new love tale is blooming in town!

Fiction Head Prashant Bhatt

Colors is all kicked about his new offering Chhal Sheh Aur Maat which is to air from 19 March 2012 produced by 24 Frames. Prashant Bhatt, Fiction Head of the channel is quite optimistic about the show doing well with the masses.

"The producer came up with a story with a different narrative and presentation. It is about a woman with whom two men claim to be married with. We have a perfect combination of thriller and social drama. The very important man-woman equation is also there," says Prashant to .com.

The Fiction Head, who has also been an actor and creative director at Balaji and other production houses, further shares, "Colors always wants to push the envelope, so after making heavy duty dramas with social messages what else could we offer to our viewers? The answer is a thriller. Nobody was making them in the daily format. We have cases of above genre but only in the weekend format. What also works in Chhal's favour is that it also has the safety cushion of characters which the public can identify lest they get alienated."

Furthermore, the man of creativity is also happy with the other show on Colors, Sunshine Productions' Na Bole Tum... Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

"Here, too, we deliberately did not go the normal heavy drama way but chose the slice of life route. Agreed the numbers are a bit on the lower side but any new show takes time to build up. Viewers need to be convinced to leave what they are already watching and check our show not only in breaks but the
entire thirty minutes period."

Coming to Phulwa and Havan, which are going off air, he says, "This former Siddharth Tewary production was a very important property for us. It had a long run, remember we began with Phulwa as a child and later she grew up and faced all sort of problems. Since the story had reached a logical conclusion, we decided to end it with grace rather than dragging it and loosing loyal audiences. As far as Havan goes, it was a very tough concept since it involved mixing religious elements in a social set up. The audience till now has only seen god men on religious channels giving sermons but they never have seen them going home and facing normal everyday problems. "When asked if the 7pm time slot for Havan might have been wrong, he refused to comment saying, "The above Rajan Shahi show was commissioned by my predecessor. So, I don't want to say anything expect that the time slot of my shows are apt for their respective genres."

Prashant, we hope that Chhal manages to bring in the desired numbers for the channel!!!

http://wikinewforum.com/showthread.php?t=497849#.T3MmpnoX670

Chhal, Sheh Aur Maat

A good thriller thrives on its pace and storyline full of twists and unexpected surprises and Chhal definitely has both. Yes, it's early days but the beginning has been good enough to expect the show to only get better. The show reminds us of an '80s Rishi Kapoor film called Khoj which had Kimi Katkar claiming to be his wife who he vehemently denies having anything to do with till the film's shocking climax when Kapoor in a fit of rage and frustration admits of having killed his wife and so there was no question of anyone else claiming to be her!

Apart from the pace and the plot, the performances in Chhal are decent. The show solely rests on Hunar Hali (earlier seen in Karol Bagh... and Sasural Genda Phool) as Neha/ Aditi. She was OTT in the initial happy bubbly phase but as the show took a serious intense turn, she too showed her acting chops. The shock, the horror, the anger, the terror, the disbelief — she expressed the whole gamut of emotions with remarkable ease. The two men — Avinesh and Abhishek — are easy on the eye but are yet to show their acting muscle.

They say a good start is a job half done, now only if the show sustains its pace and plot!

Verdict: Give it a shot, you just might get sucked in.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chhal-sheh-aur-maat/930017/2

Posted: 11 years ago

'If SRK's Bollywood badshah, I will be Tellywood begum soon

Hunar Hali - the name might not sound familiar, but think Mili of 12/24 Karol Bagh or Sona of Sasural Genda Phool and you'll know who we're talking about.

This pretty Delhi lass is currently playing the lead role in Colors' thriller Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat. Hunar was in Ahmedabad recently to promote the show and (thankfully she did spare us her Gujarati thaali talk or may be she had no clue about it!). She says, "I'm enjoying the sunny weather of Ahmedabad and the people here are very loving."

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-31/tv/31261709_1_gossip-role-sona

Posted: 11 years ago

Avinesh Rekhi quits IT to join acting!

When IT professional Avinesh Rekhi realized that acting was his true calling, little he would have known that his telly serial, "Chhal – Sheh Aur Maat" will give him immense popularity!

He realized his dream of being an actor when he got selected for 'Kabir', a character with ulterior motives. Interestingly Avinesh is also a trained dancer! The handsome hunk says that he always wanted to be an actor and that the evolution that he is experiencing while playing the role is amazing.

He says that being a newcomer, this character is a perfect start for him. He comes from a non filmy background and tries to hone his acting abilities by practicing speech modulation and reading mystery novels.

Avinesh is inspired by Shah Rukh Khan and says that he tries his best to learn as much as he can from SRK's character in the hit movie "Baazigar".

Check out the nail biting mystery "Chhal – Sheh Aur Maat" on "Colors" channel.

http://www.filmitown.com/2012/03/27/avinesh-rekhi-quits-it-to-join-acting/