Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: lola610

RESERVED... I'm determined to finish these replies tonight, I'm all toasted up having sat on this hotseat for so long... time to grill someone else already :P Thanks for being so patient guys!

ROFL 🤣
what a metaphor!
Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 11 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

RESERVED... I'm determined to finish these replies tonight, I'm all toasted up having sat on this hotseat for so long... time to grill someone else already :P Thanks for being so patient guys!

Aas keh rahi shwas se, dheeraj dharna sikh;

Mange bin moti mile, maange mile na bhikh, maange mile na bhikh.😆

Taras gaye the jisko naina, aaj hua wo text padhna..😃

Edited by ShivangBuch - 11 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@ Aishu - glad you caught it and liked it, dearie :P I can't help myself, I'm just so punny :P

@ Shivang - I was expecting professor saab to scold me for coming to class late, achha hua badle mein dau aa gaye 😆 Perfect additions to the music list - especially the ones like Jagdambe raksha karo etc. where you very correctly pointed out that the mood actually conveyed diverges from the lyrics themselves. It's not even something the singer can plan out with precision - not only the experience of listening to music, but even producing can be  so spontaneous, individualized, and divine.
Re: Uddhav, of course I don't disagree as far as the character's real intentions are concerned, and I didn't say he claims to have perfected adwait - just that he preaches it ;) It is indeed much better for us as learners to see it as his innocence rather than his pride. I love that way of interpreting it. But we've discussed this before and concluded that as perfect as this track was in terms of emotions, because of the literature it drew most of its inspiration from the message is skewed in favor of sagun bhakti. Accordingly, the dialogue delivery and lyrics that pertain to him reflect pride - "gyaan gumaan pe pe pad gaya paani". In fact, it even opens with Krishna smiling at Uddhav's bhaashan and plotting to free him of his ego. Ideally, I would have loved to see the gopis NOT give discourses on the superiority of their path as you correctly pointed out they did, and would much prefer if they demonstrated through silent behavior (rather than words) how even by adopting those means they had transcended duality. That's why I quoted the scene of them being drawn to the sound of the flute as a case of perfect sagun bhakti rather than any moment from the Uddhav track itself. It would have been more touching, and at least equally effective, had they just been shown as so lost in their love and devotion that they didn't even have the worldly awareness to lecture him about the same. But alas we got what we got, and it is to be appreciated for the emotions it elicits more than anything else because that's what it does best.

Now it's time for me to fill out your exam 😆
Edited by lola610 - 11 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramsitakidasi

• What was the happiest moment of your life? all the time spent with my Guruji The saddest? none that I can remember, 'cuz as soon as those moments are over I gladly forget about them
  • Who was the most important person in your life? Can you tell me about him or her? My Guruji, very hard to describe him... he just radiates joy and love and makes me aspire to do the same :)
  • Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you? as above
  • Who has been the kindest to you in your life? my mommy... such a sweetheart <3
  • It's been said that after they pass away, the most important people in our lives "live within us." Is there anyone from your past that lives within you? haven't had to experience that w.r.t. anyone really close to me yet so can't say
  • What are the most important lessons you've learned in life? to laugh and make others laugh... to not judge people... to express my feelings, especially the bad ones so I can quickly let go of them instead of bottling them up and letting them hurt me back... there must be others but that's what comes to mind atm
  • What is your earliest memory? hiding and eating plain salt from the container when I was 2-3 years old 😆
  • Are there any words of wisdom you'd like to pass along to me? smile!
  • What are you proudest of in your life? academic stuff and making people laugh
  • When in life have you felt most alone? my family's too huge so never
  • How has your life been different than what you'd imagined? thought I'd go in a more artsy/creative direction than I actually did
  • How would you like to be remembered? fondly!
  • Do you have any regrets? yep :P
  • What does your future hold? I don't know, and I don't think I'd want to know... I'd rather be pleasantly surprised ;)
  • MagadhSundari thumbnail
    And NOW it's your turn 😆

[QUOTE=ShivangBuch]Here I come with the same questions (copy paste 😉) which I asked you in the CC. You can save your time by bringing those same answers over here with some modification or editing over a period of last year if at all. Fun will be if you can answer these questions again fresh and then compare them with your original answers to see how same they are and which one are better.😆 Whether graduate Lola is more peaceful, involved and perfect in answering the questions or the undergraduate Lola.🤣

She's read more books, heard more songs, and seen more movies but in these matters, for better or for worse she's almost exactly the same 😛😆 Here are the old answers for whoever cares: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1349127?pn=84
    There are very few changes... professional goals, turns out I'm more interested in economic research than law, so that's what I'm doing now... the only other answer I'd amend is the one for #3... no changes, just additions. The recent recharge from my guruji has made it clear to me that "sapnehu nahin dekhahi paridosha" is far more important than being able to recognize the faults in others for learning to avoid those behaviors. If I see loved ones succumbing to them it is of course my duty to help them find their way again, but using  others to gauge my own progress is unnecessary and risky. As guruji himself said in one of the satsangs, we only need to compare ourselves to whom we were yesterday and ensure that we are overcoming our own flaws, our own errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus ends my occupation of the oh so hot hotseat! Hope it wasn't too boring :/ Going to un-stick this thread now to make room for our next maharani/maharaj :D
    ShivangBuch thumbnail
    Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

@ Shivang - I was expecting professor saab to scold me for coming to class late, achha hua badle mein dau aa gaye 😆 

Lol. Debating Daau.😆

Re: Uddhav, of course I don't disagree as far as the character's real intentions are concerned, and I didn't say he claims to have perfected adwait - just that he preaches it ;) It is indeed much better for us as learners to see it as his innocence rather than his pride. I love that way of interpreting it. But we've discussed this before and concluded that as perfect as this track was in terms of emotions, because of the literature it drew most of its inspiration from the message is skewed in favor of sagun bhakti. 
    Right. Very correct. Skewed is the right word I wanted. This episode is better required to be seen together with Radharani's pride scene and Adwait (or rather vishishtadwait eventually to conclude with) discourse given to her by Krishna to balance out the philosophy rather than independently in isolation (even though former is from BVP and latter is from SB AFAIK - possibly in both).

Accordingly, the dialogue delivery and lyrics that pertain to him reflect pride - "gyaan gumaan pe pe pad gaya paani". In fact, it even opens with Krishna smiling at Uddhav's bhaashan and plotting to free him of his ego. Ideally, I would have loved to see the gopis NOT give discourses on the superiority of their path as you correctly pointed out they did, and would much prefer if they demonstrated through silent behavior (rather than words) how even by adopting those means they had transcended duality. That's why I quoted the scene of them being drawn to the sound of the flute as a case of perfect sagun bhakti rather than any moment from the Uddhav track itself. It would have been more touching, and at least equally effective, had they just been shown as so lost in their love and devotion that they didn't even have the worldly awareness to lecture him about the same. But alas we got what we got, and it is to be appreciated for the emotions it elicits more than anything else because that's what it does best.
    Yes. Totally agreed. Emotions as well as fun. Koi mohani moorat sohani soorat...🤣 And emotions yes. Definitely. Transformation of Uddhav. His empathy and sympathy. Even tears in the eyes of Krishna. Those tears are not his tears. Those tears are Gopis' tears coming out of his eyes. That's the perfection of Adwait. The episode should be or can be best seen as play of Krishna in the form of Gopis as balancer of Uddhav's view or pride rather than judging anything in favour of any of the philosophies or only Gopis to be correct. And I can see Krishna smiling at Uddhav's pride as - "Hmmm. To inhe lagta hai ki maine Gopion ko samjhane ka aur gyan dene ka prayatna hi nahi kiya hoga!!! Thik hai koi baat nahi. Inko bhi prayatna karne do. Ki ek dridh Sagunopaasak ko nirgun ko rasta dikhana kitna kathin kaarya hai. Wo log apne prem me kitne jad hote hain. Kisi ke sahaj karma ko upset karna, kisi ke nature ko disturb karna. Okk. Let him try. He himself will realize and get transformed into balanced state accepting Sagun bhakti also to be an easier way for the mass to reach the Supreme (rather than accepting Sagun bhakti only to be the right path superior over nirgun bhakti)". There is difference between being easier and better or superior. While Sagun bhakti may be easier in general to follow for everyone, it is still upto everyone's nature who chooses which natural path easy to oneself. Krishna must be wanting to teach Uddhav only that "Your way is not the ONLY way" rather than teaching him "Your way is NOT the right way or your way is the INFERIOR way". That's my personal interpretation or POV. Mujhe eventual message personally us episode ka biased lagta hai. Not the best one in terms of conclusion and perfection of direction if I compare with other earlier discourses during Baalleela.

Now it's time for me to fill out your exam ðŸ˜†
    Kya?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ye kiske dimaag ka idea hai??????????😆

Edited by ShivangBuch - 11 years ago