AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Just got around to watching the maha episode...very well rounded episode I felt...if the intention of a special episode is supposed to be about establishing characters and their histories just enough to even entice viewers who may be watching this show for the first time, I think today's epi had all of that...they pretty much covered every aspect there was to cover regarding MM and their history together...their characteristics, their individual histories...the important ppl in their life...pretty much all of it.

A LONG epi...but most of it filled with good content...such that it took me a while to watch the whole thing since I didn't have the luxury of forwarding...literally every minute had some good MM bitsπŸ˜†

Just want to point out the bits that I liked:

1) Mohan subconsciously wearing yellowπŸ˜†...and when Guru points out to him that he previously hated this shirt, he almost blurts out that it's Megha's fav. color...Oh MonuπŸ˜†

2) The moment right after making his "Mission no museebat" promise to Megha, Mohan trips on his yellow shoelacesπŸ˜†...and Guru goes, "Kya hoga tumhara"πŸ˜†

3) The GLEE with which Mohan was showing Megha that SKELETON wala telephone🀣...and the hourglass wala "clock" or whateverπŸ˜†

4) The moment in the lift when Mohan "protects" Megha from getting squished by the ppl around her...liked that it wasn't done in a romantic sense and had this almost casual and natural tone to it while establishing an impact nevertheless...oh and which reminds me overall also...Mohan's attempts to be a good "polite" boy in that lift...with the "Namaste Madam"πŸ˜†

5) Mohan basically baiting Megha into taking the lift back down...these two so know how to push each other's buttonsπŸ˜†

6) The choice of songs playing in the lift...GENIUSπŸ˜†...special mention for the portion when Mohan is trying to "muscle" the lift doors open and "Tu mera hero" is playing on the speaker in such PERFECT irony accompanied by Megha's khadoos expressions as she watches his futile attemptsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

7) Megha generally watching Mohan with a WTH expression for most of the duration of the lift scenes and thinking to herself, "Ismein toh Addu se bhi zyada bachpana hai"πŸ˜†

8) Mummy ki call to Mohan with her attempts at matchmaking again and Mohan saying ki khaana banana wagairah toh Guru ko bhi aata hai...usi se na kar loon shaadi?🀣...

To a more sombre segue as his mom mentions Rashmi...and again this is a moment where I found Megha's reaction interesting as she sees a different side of Mohan on the phone as he talks about Rashmi...and the bit after this as Megha says to him...'har maa ko apne bacche ki fikar hoti hai...unki baat ka bura mat maano"...

Oh and Mummy's paranoia that Mohan ne chupke se Mrs. Vyas se shaadi kar li...the horror on MM's facesπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

9) The tiffin sharing...they looked so adorable...school ke bacchon jaiseπŸ˜†...and when Mohan literally offered her jam on his FINGER, I was reminded of Akanksha's disgust with Kunal eating the chips with gande haath...no wonder those disgusted expressions come so naturally to her while playing MeghaπŸ˜†...JHALLA hai Mohan pura...sacchiπŸ˜†

10) The bit with Megha cutting her finger on the knife and Mohan tending to it...it's interesting how they're doing a good job of showing a connection b/w MM while not romanticizing it...so it's that brief moment as he holds her finger in an instant concern but they don't dwell on it even as he lets go...

And ofcourse the return of the HANKYπŸ˜†...I just LOVE Mohan's expressions each time he pulls it out galti seπŸ˜†...and then when he pulls out his own hanky to wrap the finger, he gets a Chavanni 2.0 response from Megha..."Saaf hai?"...LOLL I so knew that was coming...and Mohan also getting deja vu and thinking, "Bilkul apni beti par gayi hai"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

11) The end is somehow super cute to me...Kitna KHUSH ho kar off note/off key gaa raha tha Mohan woh gaana...he got such a happy smile on his face pehle toh gaana sun ke...and then jo apni dhun mein shuru hua...even playing imaginary drums along even as Megha is watching him with a "W*F" expressionπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...priceless...and then ofcourse such a well timed end where Megha finally gets fed up of him getting the lyrics and tune wrong that she has to CORRECT him interestingly enough on, "Mujhe pyar karo"...Aakanksha has such a lovely voice...the contrast with Kunal's off-key voice there couldn't have been more obviousπŸ˜†

---------------

Lovely epi...there were many moments to leave you with a smile...most maha-episodes are usually fillers...but this one had many enjoyable moments while giving an overview of the characters as well in a sense.

MM literally got to spend a whole day together...awwwπŸ˜†...Precap is amusing in a goofy way...although I feel they could have done without the "romantic" pose in the end.  Ah well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chithoo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Great post πŸ‘πŸΌ great choice of nameπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...now  i Have to watch this epi and will come back to ur commentsπŸ˜›

Edited by chithoo - 12 years ago
wuthering thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Oooh, you and I have posted essentially the same points AreYaar. With me just going a tad bit overboard. πŸ˜† But so agree with you!

Edit: Will post my points here again:

Fab analysis Fivr! Wow, you guys write such beautiful and prompt analysis of the episodes that I hardly have anything left to say myself. I have been a silent lurker on this forum for a while now and so many things happened today that I felt I just had to go on a much deserved rambling spree. So here are the bits that I loved from todays epi:

1) I of course have to start with the yellow shirt that Mohan came out sporting. (I also liked how the first shot of todays epi  showed Mohan shoes with his yellow laces untied. I love small consistent details like these. Also, I wonder if these yellow shoe laces are the same ones that Nanhi and Jeeji "borrowed" for her butterfly wand). Anyways, so yeah, the yellow shirt was a nice touch. And it was a color which was a little hatke from Mohans usual wardrobe choices and I thought it quite suited Monu (after all, it was a gift from Mum dearest, so I am pretty sure she knew what her son would look good in).

2) The same opening scene- I liked how Guru made fun of the shirts color. This yellow clothes and taxi correlation is something that I also call out and believe in, so the fact that Guru called it out, made it all the more funny to me. Also, I liked how Mohan told off Guru- "aur tujhe kya hai be? main koi bhi color pehnoo" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

3)The M-N-M-G scene! Three cheers for that. Nothing special in this small scene. But just the presence of THE four favorite characters from the show in one single frame deserves its own mention. Cute. Especially liked two bits- Nanhi saying hi to spiderman & pleading on his behalf. Also, the earnest way in which Guru asks Megha didi for another chance. Very earnest and sweet.

4) Office scene- glad that Dimpy came to MM rescue! And the less said about Prateek, the better. Shudders at the thought of what if it was Prateek in that elevator instead of Mohan. πŸ€’

5) Guard in the mall scene- completely random. But oh so hilarious. I can't remember a show on Indian telly which has such hilarious random characters. I liked MM's exchange in that scene- of how Megha found it oh-so-amusing and Mohan was just frustrated with how the guard was misunderstanding his question- Karigari, not Karigar!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Also, the way Megha pointedly thanked the guard at the end was such a womanly thing to do. Men just ask questions, get the help they want and move on- whereas women actually thank people. I guess I am stereotyping here, but thats just me. πŸ˜› So yeah, Megha seems to be the quintessential woman- sweet, sobre and caring. That gesture of hers felt so right.

6) First elevator scene- There were several amusing bits in this one. Like Fivr has already pointed out- I liked how there was no hubla-boo over the fact that were standing so close. No eye staring sessions, no awkwardness. Just a normal thing to do. (I so love this show for its slice of life appeal).Then the namaste Madame from the lift guy to Megha & subsequently from an amused Mohan to a ramdom auntyji in the background πŸ˜†. Then the way Mohan had to hold off his snarky reply when the moving & delivery guys shoved him, because Mrs.Vyas was monitoring his every move were hilarious! I liked how he had some sort of a comment ready on his lips, but he looked at his surroundings, saw Megha and turned his annoyance into a smile. It was sooo apparent that it took a LOT of effort on his part to do that.πŸ˜† . The elevator guy praying to God was another example of a completely hilarious random character in the epi. Oh, also, the way Megha was keeping a track of time and says abhi 'saare paanch ghante baaki hai dil dhalne mein" and Mohan is like yeh to pal pal ka hisaab rakhti hai. πŸ˜† Finally, the last bit of the scene where Mohan juts out his hand to form a sort of a shield between Megha and the people leaving the elevator was sweet. It was like he was doing it at a subconscious level- like even he does not realize that he is protecting her. There was no OTT ness to the scene AT ALL. He doesnt once look at her while doing it- thats what I liked about it the most. No eye stare, no hey, im doing this for you, look into my eyes and fall in love with me kind of a routine (Thank God for that!). I was glad that Megha saw this and she seemed to be moved in a positive way with this gesture.

7) The shop scene! Oh Mohan! That skull telephone had me in splits. It was the kind of thing that my 4 year old nephew would suggest for a newspaper office. But Mohan suggesting it instead makes perfect sense too.πŸ˜† The oddities that he was picking up and showing off were just so typical him. The way Megha told him off for the sand glass was hilarious. In moments like these, its quite telling that shes a mum of two and has oodles of patience dealing with tiny tots. Mohan IS a kid, at the end of the day, period. Then the exchange that followed- him being a crorepatis son. Its amazing how this show can deliver a funny scene two seconds earlier and then a poignant scene the very next instant. I loved the treatment of the scene. The way Megha tracks back when she realizes she has overstepped and brought up something that rattles the usually bindaas Mohan was nicely shown. Even Kunal did a splendid job of being really awkward in that scene. He portrays his vulnerabilities really well. I think this moment and the one with Mohans phone conversation with his mum will be the game changer with respect to the MM equation. I understand the epi was a filler. The story did not mover forward per say- but these two moments stood out for me, coz I feel they will lead up to Megha realizing that there is more to Mohan than what meets the eye (her eye at least, we all recognize the true Mohan for who he is πŸ˜³)

8) Dun-dun-dun! The much awaited Lift mein trapped scene! Gosh. Where do I begin with this one! So yeah, they enter- and are on course to reach the ground floor and our Mohan starts with his antics. His buffoonery again had me rolling with laughter. He is just so restless and just has to say something or the other to pass even the mundane 30 seconds duration from the 3rd floor to the Ground floor with some sort of tamasha. Nothing especially stood out for me in this scene, apart from Megha rolling her eyes continuously (seriously, Megha did that a LOT in this epi). And Mohan with his Jill, we would be good together if not for the height difference. πŸ˜†. I also liked how Mohan mutters 'bad joke' under his breath to Jill when he first realizes that Megha is not enjoying his dalliance with Jill. πŸ˜†Then his "Whats up Jack?" after he tells Megha to move to the other side. I liked how Megha is shooting daggers at him and telling him to shut up and he replies with a 'Kya? Bura, laga?" .  Love the way Kunal enunciates these kind of lines- arre yaar, sun-na, kya yaar etc etc. Such a nice tapori-sh vibe to them! 

Ok, moving on. Then the fateful happens ! They get trapped! I will just recount things from the top of my head that stood out for me in this scene (in no specific chronological order) .From Mohan saying that he will get them out of this one- and the song 'tu mera hero' playing in the background- to Megha pounding on the elevator door with cries of help -everything was dead on. Mohan making fun of Meghas 'phatiture' cell phone provider and then  Megha getting her revenge later when Mohans cell battery dies and she snaps ' kisi phattiture company ka cell hai'. Oh these two! Always keeping scores! Then Monu-Mum conversation! The writers have really piqued my interest with respect to this Rashmi character and I so wanna know what happened between her and Mohan! I really  liked that when Mohan hangs up the call, he turns and finds Megha right in front of him. It was a nicely shot scene. He had for a moment forgotten that he had an audience to his conversation- make that a private conversation. In his moment of pain regarding Rashmi and his mum badgering him for shaadi, he had forgotten for a fleeting second that Megha was right there. The second that he realizes her presence- it again shows how vulnerable he is. (This like I have already mentioned is going be play a factor in Meghas changing her opinion about Mohan). I like how she tried to make him feel at ease by saying, dont feel bad, all Mums go overboard with their fussing over their kids. Sweet scene. Oh, before that! amazing reminder of the fact that Mohan ki one true biwi is Guru! πŸ˜† When Mohans Mum is all like- the girl I met knows how to cook AND sing and Mohan replies with a - 'yeh dono cheez toh Guru bhi karta hai". Kudos to the writers for slipping in a Mohan ki biwi Guru reference! I like how while he is saying this, Mohan is hanging by Jack but all of a sudden, to disprove any such 'Kanta-bai' type rumors, he goes and stands by Jill. That just had me cracking up for some reason. Also, that bit where he says 'main toh Mrs. Vyas ke saat phansa hua hoon'.πŸ˜†. The fact that Megha could listen to the entire conversation- even Mohans Mum end of the line was funny.

So moving on, the way that Mohan gestured to Megha to come and sit by him was cute. He kind of makes this 'shi-shi' noise so as to grab her attention.πŸ˜† Then the two of them having an impromptu picnic in the elevator! I liked how Mohan is all eagerly looking at the tiffin box as Megha was unpacking it. When she does, he starts looking the other way, so as not to show his eagerness to share the food. Then of course comes the happy realization that she in indeed going to share the food! πŸ˜† He looked like a delighted bacha! After lunch (dinner?) comes dessert and the way Mohan dips his hand into the Jelly Jar and stops licking it as he realizes he should offer some to Megha first was hilarious. What was even more hilarious is the fact that he offered her his finger- as if expecting her to lick it off. Oh Mohan! This scene kind of reminded me of the latest Kunal- Aakansha interview from Rangmunch where Aakansha recounts an incident where Mohan was eating chips one day and they later saw his hands were all black and he just non-chalantly said that he had not washed them the  entire day πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. So eating by dipping your hand into the jar seems like something that even Kunal would do and I found it really amusing.

Then the water bit! Maybe its just me, but I thought Megha was initially planning to drink the water using her mouth and not uppar kar ke (if you get what I mean)- so as to be considerate to Mohan who she would be sharing the bottle with. But when its Mohans turn, he obviously does not think of this- and puts it straight to his mouth. πŸ˜†. The way Megha says- "kam kam piyo, pareshani ho jayegi faltoo ki" And Mohan has to ask what she means by that. Mohan is such a kid, sachi! (Megha rightfully put him at par with AdduπŸ˜†) But then he replies with a 'aye, tension not, main control kar sakta hoon"πŸ˜†πŸ˜† That bit was really hilarious. And he says this with a smile on his face, like he is gloating and really proud that he can control his bladder. πŸ˜†

Then the handkerchief scene! Thank god, no OTT-ness with respect to the finger cut! Not like he had to tear off a part of  his shirt or something (rolls eyes). And there was no 1000000 minute wind inducing eye lock either. Simple, yet effective. Managed to be funny too when Mohan first comes up with Meghas napkin.πŸ˜† Like Fivr said, does Guru put that Hanky everyday in Mohans trousers or something? πŸ˜† I loved Mohans reaction when he notices what he has in his hands. And then the 'yeh saaf hai?" πŸ€£ And the 'bilkul apni beti pe gayi hai"πŸ˜† I loved how a scene which would be considered romantic by the standards set by the usual shows these days managed to be pure comedy in this show. Also, liked that, at the end, it remained realistic. They were not lost in each othesr thoughts, Megha aptly thanked Mohan and he said 'its ok, mention not'. Change in their equation, already I'd say.

Finally, the last song bit! I loved how it was a  Kishore Kumar song to seal the epi for good. And one of my favs, if I might add. πŸ˜³ Nice touch considering that he happens to be their fav singer. Then of course Mohan out of sync singing. And his hilarious substitution of words like inkar with ikrar (and vice versa), raah with raat etc. etc. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Meghas 'mujhe pyaar karo' at the end was quite foretelling of the future, I'd say. Don't worry Megha ji, Mohan will be the first one to jump on the love bandwagon, aapki deri hai. πŸ˜†

And oh man, the precap! Cliche, yes, but I love how his first suggestion is, aap mujhe uthao and Meghas stunned response was hilarious! Can't wait for Monday!

Gosh. this has come out to be longer than what I expected, so please bear with me.
Edited by wuthering - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks, chithoo :-)

@wuthering: lol thanks...yeah I just read your post in Fivr's thread...guess we did like most of the same things in the epi...precap could have done without the pose in the end though as I said...otherwise I was quite enjoying the random, "aap mujhe uthaa leejiye" and then him tricking her and picking her up...lol

wuthering thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed, that pose was cliched. But these two can make even the lamest cliches hilarious. Ignore  the end mein  pose, like you said- I liked him distracting Megha with a chipkali sighting.πŸ˜†

Also, I guess I will like the pose only for the priceless look on the Prateeks face. Anything to make him feel defeated. πŸ˜†

PS: AreYaar. Can I just deviate from the topic at hand and say how much I love one of the siggies that you are sporting- the one from the holi epi . That scene MADE the epi for me. The one where Mohan finally comes face to face with a dancing Megha. And she turns awkwardly and its like Mohan has tons of things to say- right on his lips, but as she turns, this sort of breath escapes his lips- like he does not know, what to say all that he has to say and he is afraid that she had turned away from him and he might lose the opportunity to pour his heart in front of her? I don't know how to describe the scene but the way Mohans mouth opens...I was sold. Kunal did a fine job there. And you siggie captures that scene beautifully! 
Edited by wuthering - 12 years ago
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nur, after waiting for a long day, here's your post. I was wondering where you were. πŸ˜† Anyways great post as always. πŸ‘

What should I say about my comment on today's episode? You've just spoken my heart. I had a big grin on my face while watching the entire ME and in most of the parts, I was rolling in laughter. πŸ€£ It was a ME in true sense and such a relief after watching those intense episodes. πŸ˜ƒ

Truly said, Mohan is such a cutie and MM are so unique. πŸ˜³ Their chemistry is magical even without the 'love' factor in it. Such a rare kind! ⭐️

The pose at the end of the precap was too filmy, I know, but they did make it look hilariously cute, so I've no problem with it. πŸ˜ƒ

I'm planning to watch the episode again for the... 8th time. πŸ˜†
Edited by -Bidzie- - 12 years ago
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Anu jee! I had time today and motivation (because this is what I was looking forward to after I finished my safai.. πŸ˜†) so I ended up posting a rant.. But I am already noticing all the things that I missed, so I'm going to gush about them here since you brought them up.. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Just got around to watching the maha episode...very well rounded episode I felt...if the intention of a special episode is supposed to be about establishing characters and their histories just enough to even entice viewers who may be watching this show for the first time, I think today's epi had all of that...they pretty much covered every aspect there was to cover regarding MM and their history together...their characteristics, their individual histories...the important ppl in their life...pretty much all of it.

WORD! It was high on MM content but it was very good representation of everyone else too - from Guru, Nanhi, Adu, Megha's home life to her work and her creepy boss. Sab hi they. Not to mention, the idiot Karan with his stupid attempts to reduce his "toand".. πŸ˜† I know he annoyed Pallavi but he cracked me up.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1) Mohan subconsciously wearing yellowπŸ˜†...and when Guru points out to him that he previously hated this shirt, he almost blurts out that it's Megha's fav. color...Oh MonuπŸ˜†

Lol!! When Guru came up and asked Mohan "khali hai", I was going "pagal ho gaya hai?" too.. And then when he clarified k it was a dig on Mohan's own "taxi" comment, I was in splits. NOTHING goes by our Guru jee unnoticed or un-commented. At least not unintentionally. And I love how Mohan remember k yellow toh Megha ka favorite color hai and then realizes it just in time to catch himself on it.. πŸ˜† It's adorable to me how much he's impressed by Megha as an individual. πŸ˜†

2) The moment right after making his "Mission no museebat" promise to Megha, Mohan trips on his yellow shoelacesπŸ˜†...and Guru goes, "Kya hoga tumhara"πŸ˜†

Even Nanhi smacks her forehead with a "Spiderman FOCUS yaar!" wala look! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.. Pehley bhi aik baar Megha had toko-fied him on his open shoe laces.. Haina..? πŸ€” In the early days..? *thinks*
πŸ˜†
4) The moment in the lift when Mohan "protects" Megha from getting squished by the ppl around her...liked that it wasn't done in a romantic sense and had this almost casual and natural tone to it while establishing an impact nevertheless...oh and which reminds me overall also...Mohan's attempts to be a good "polite" boy in that lift...with the "Namaste Madam"πŸ˜†

Haina! I couldn't help but think at that moment that this more to establish Mohan's general character and personality as opposed to being something that hints at his "feelings" for Megha. I am so sure k agar Dimpy jee bhi hoteen toh Mohan would have done the same. I would like to think k a bit of it was just because it was Megha and because Megha demands that kind of respect - unlike Dimpy jo toh khud hi logon pe gir rahi hoti hai.. πŸ˜† Megha commands such a strong need for propriety k it was an impulsive decision on Mohan's part who is always a nice guy at heart.

Lol! His "Namaste Madam" was HILARIOUS dude! I rewind that scene to watch it again. More than trying to be a nice guy tab, I felt like he was messing around with Megha like friends do when someone random walks by saying/doing something silly. To him the fact that the guy on the lift would randomly greet Megha was amusing enough to take a crack it.. Or maybe that was just me.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

6) The choice of songs playing in the lift...GENIUSπŸ˜†...special mention for the portion when Mohan is trying to "muscle" the lift doors open and "Tu mera hero" is playing on the speaker in such PERFECT irony accompanied by Megha's khadoos expressions as she watches his futile attemptsπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

HAHAHA!! I love this show's ability to spoof itself. It was hilarious to see them make fun of these randomly "macho" wali moves that tend to happen otherwise in other shows.. And the "tu mera hero" was perfectly placed.. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

8) Mummy ki call to Mohan with her attempts at matchmaking again and Mohan saying ki khaana banana wagairah toh Guru ko bhi aata hai...usi se na kar loon shaadi?🀣...

LOL!! Ab toh bass official shadi ki hi kami hai.. Warna Guru toh waise hi self-professed biwi hai Mohan ki.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† It was amusing to me though k even when he was on the phone with his mother, he was more interested in shrugging off her shaadi wali suggestions instead of telling her to send help. Lol! It was almost like he knew k koi faida nahi hoga and he wanted to get out of this himself, without getting his mummy jee involved. πŸ˜†

10) The bit with Megha cutting her finger on the knife and Mohan tending to it...it's interesting how they're doing a good job of showing a connection b/w MM while not romanticizing it...so it's that brief moment as he holds her finger in an instant concern but they don't dwell on it even as he lets go...

And ofcourse the return of the HANKYπŸ˜†...I just LOVE Mohan's expressions each time he pulls it out galti seπŸ˜†...and then when he pulls out his own hanky to wrap the finger, he gets a Chavanni 2.0 response from Megha..."Saaf hai?"...LOLL I so knew that was coming...and Mohan also getting deja vu and thinking, "Bilkul apni beti par gayi hai"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LOL!!! Oh the hanky! It's turning into a character of its own, heina! Is he ever going to return this to Megha? And I wonder how that conversation will go if it ever happens.. πŸ˜† And when Megha said "saaf hai", I honestly thought about Nanhi's comment from that earlier scene, only to see it being flashed back to moments later.. Lol. Seriously beti par hi gayi hai.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And I like how their relationship is growing and that the growth isn't automatically being classified as a "romantic" one.. Mohan cares for Megha and Megha is sensitive to his distressed emotions, but that doesn't mean it's "lowe".. I like how it's more than that - because to me these achanak waley love prevalence are so SUPERFICIAL and unfounded. So I like this a lot.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

11) The end is somehow super cute to me...Kitna KHUSH ho kar off note/off key gaa raha tha Mohan woh gaana...he got such a happy smile on his face pehle toh gaana sun ke...and then jo apni dhun mein shuru hua...even playing imaginary drums along even as Megha is watching him with a "W*F" expressionπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...priceless...and then ofcourse such a well timed end where Megha finally gets fed up of him getting the lyrics and tune wrong that she has to CORRECT him interestingly enough on, "Mujhe pyar karo"...Aakanksha has such a lovely voice...the contrast with Kunal's off-key voice there couldn't have been more obviousπŸ˜†

When Kunal was singing I was reminded of their interview jahan they are asked to sing the NBT song and Kunal goes k Aakanksha gaye gi, only to hijack the song himself moments later.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† The fact that Megha ended up correcting him at the "mujhey pyar karo" bit is definitely indicative of their impending love.. Only I am also certain k Mohan and Megha will both brush it off abhi and move on. Mohan tries so hard not to make these moments any more uncomfortable for Megha than they are. Which is something amazing for me because all his other counterparts on other shows all but INDUCE the discomfort in their partners in such scenes. πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: wuthering

1) I of course have to start with the yellow shirt that Mohan came out sporting. (I also liked how the first shot of todays epi  showed Mohan shoes with his yellow laces untied. I love small consistent details like these. Also, I wonder if these yellow shoe laces are the same ones that Nanhi and Jeeji "borrowed" for her butterfly wand).  I love these kind of little touches too...and yes I'm pretty sure they are the same shoelaces...he seems to have them in all the primary colors neededπŸ˜†

3)The M-N-M-G scene! Three cheers for that. Nothing special in this small scene. But just the presence of THE four favorite characters from the show in one single frame deserves its own mention. Cute. Especially liked two bits- Nanhi saying hi to spiderman & pleading on his behalf. Also, the earnest way in which Guru asks Megha didi for another chance. Very earnest and sweet. I loved this touch too...ahh so many little little things in the epi that just CONNECT and FLOW...that's what makes it a nice epi to watch overall too.

4) Office scene- glad that Dimpy came to MM rescue! And the less said about Prateek, the better. Shudders at the thought of what if it was Prateek in that elevator instead of Mohan. πŸ€’ That creepster toh was fully on making plans in his head but thank god indeed for Dimpy and in a sense Prerna too unwittingly coming to Megha's rescue...Destiny is stronger than Prateek's creepy intentions.

5) Guard in the mall scene- completely random. But oh so hilarious. I can't remember a show on Indian telly which has such hilarious random characters. I liked MM's exchange in that scene- of how Megha found it oh-so-amusing and Mohan was just frustrated with how the guard was misunderstanding his question- Karigari, not Karigar!πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Also, the way Megha pointedly thanked the guard at the end was such a womanly thing to do. Men just ask questions, get the help they want and move on- whereas women actually thank people. I guess I am stereotyping here, but thats just me. πŸ˜› So yeah, Megha seems to be the quintessential woman- sweet, sobre and caring. That gesture of hers felt so right.   LOL the randomness in this show is just AWESOME and yes probably one of the major reasons why I do love it so...they get QUIRKY right...not overboard, but just right...enough to amuse me and make you laugh without going slapstick.

7) The shop scene! Oh Mohan! That skull telephone had me in splits. It was the kind of thing that my 4 year old nephew would suggest for a newspaper office. But Mohan suggesting it instead makes perfect sense too.πŸ˜† The oddities that he was picking up and showing off were just so typical him. The way Megha told him off for the sand glass was hilarious. In moments like these, its quite telling that shes a mum of two and has oodles of patience dealing with tiny tots. Mohan IS a kid, at the end of the day, period.  WORD...very well saidπŸ˜†....the things he was picking were indeed SO Mohan and the contrast b/w them couldn't be more obvious there...who's the responsible adult and who's the childπŸ˜†

Then the exchange that followed- him being a crorepatis son. Its amazing how this show can deliver a funny scene two seconds earlier and then a poignant scene the very next instant. I loved the treatment of the scene. The way Megha tracks back when she realizes she has overstepped and brought up something that rattles the usually bindaas Mohan was nicely shown. Even Kunal did a splendid job of being really awkward in that scene .
He portrays his vulnerabilities really well.. 

Again I completely agree...the devil is in the details and subtleties which Kunal and Akanksha are bang on in enacting without going overboard...you get the point of that moment...what it was meant to show without being hit over the head with it...it also showed how perceptive Megha is about Mohan...the way she was watching him in this scene and later the telephone one...she is sensitive to the changes in him as well and when she sees him vulnerable, her compassionate side comes out putting aside all her general irritations with him...it's like these are moments where they CONNECT...I'm not sure if they are really game changers in the immediate but yes I'd say they are part of the evolution of their relationship...the writers will connect it all in the larger picture I feel...*touchwood*.

I think this moment and the one with Mohans phone conversation with his mum will be the game changer with respect to the MM equation.

8) Dun-dun-dun! The much awaited Lift mein trapped scene! Gosh. Where do I begin with this one! So yeah, they enter- and are on course to reach the ground floor and our Mohan starts with his antics. His buffoonery again had me rolling with laughter. He is just so restless and just has to say something or the other to pass even the mundane 30 seconds duration from the 3rd floor to the Ground floor with some sort of tamasha. Nothing especially stood out for me in this scene, apart from Megha rolling her eyes continuously (seriously, Megha did that a LOT in this epi). And Mohan with his Jill, we would be good together if not for the height difference. πŸ˜†. I also liked how Mohan mutters 'bad joke' under his breath to Jill when he first realizes that Megha is not enjoying his dalliance with Jill. πŸ˜†Then his "Whats up Jack?" after he tells Megha to move to the other side. I liked how Megha is shooting daggers at him and telling him to shut up and he replies with a 'Kya? Bura, laga?" .  Love the way Kunal enunciates these kind of lines- arre yaar, sun-na, kya yaar etc etc. Such a nice tapori-sh vibe to them!   The Jack and Jill scenes were slightly on the contrived end of humor in this epi although these bits you pointed out even I found funny...but later on when Mohan started dancing with Jill on the bheege honth song, I think it just got kinda lame and forced.

So moving on, the way that Mohan gestured to Megha to come and sit by him was cute. He kind of makes this 'shi-shi' noise so as to grab her attention.πŸ˜† Again such a cute little detail they added in...I wonder if this is just improv from Kunal's end tooπŸ˜†

Then the two of them having an impromptu picnic in the elevator! I liked how Mohan is all eagerly looking at the tiffin box as Megha was unpacking it. When she does, he starts looking the other way, so as not to show his eagerness to share the food. Then of course comes the happy realization that she in indeed going to share the food! πŸ˜† He looked like a delighted bacha!  LOL they play off each other so well...the initial looking away so as not to show interest like you said and then ofcourse the look of pure JOY when she DOES offer it to him...it's such a child-like joy...delighted baccha as you saidπŸ˜†

Then the water bit! Maybe its just me, but I thought Megha was initially planning to drink the water using her mouth and not uppar kar ke (if you get what I mean)- so as to be considerate to Mohan who she would be sharing the bottle with. But when its Mohans turn, he obviously does not think of this- and puts it straight to his mouth. πŸ˜†.  It's not just you...that was exactly what they were trying to show...Megha paused and then deliberately didn't put her mouth to the bottle taaki jhoota na ho...but Mohan showed no such consideration and BINDAAS guzzled the water aaraam se bottle ko muh lagaa keπŸ˜†

The way Megha says- "kam kam piyo, pareshani ho jayegi faltoo ki" And Mohan has to ask what she means by that. Mohan is such a kid, sachi! (Megha rightfully put him at par with AdduπŸ˜†) But then he replies with a 'aye, tension not, main control kar sakta hoon"πŸ˜†πŸ˜† That bit was really hilarious. And he says this with a smile on his face, like he is gloating and really proud that he can control his bladder. πŸ˜† LMAO total BACCHA hi hai Mohan...this epi proves it once again...he's like this gleeful happy kid just hangin out in that elevatorπŸ˜†

Finally, the last song bit! I loved how it was a  Kishore Kumar song to seal the epi for good. And one of my favs, if I might add. πŸ˜³ Nice touch considering that he happens to be their fav singer. Yes, good touch on the part of the writers to remember that it's Kishore Kumar that they have in common and to play his song...I just loved the change that came over Mohan when he heard the song...the way one truly gets happy hearing one of their fav. songs and wanting to hum along even if they lyrics and tune are offπŸ˜†

Sunna_Deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Mission No musibat toh mohan ke bas ki baat hi nahi hai. I dont know what megha will say that too after the precap scene. Maybe she will say 'you can only give more troubles to me and pls stay away'.

He sure likes irritating her, making her do things which otherwise she wouldn't do. Megha got to know a little more about him now. Now megha too has his hanky. Lets see what happens to it. I guess for some reason it wont come back to mohan soon. Mohan and his bad singing really very difficult to tolerate. Megha corrects him and the line-mujhe pyar karo- that she sings. I dont know what poor mohan is thinking. Precap scene or the filmy pose didnt bother me much as the situation seemed casual. Maybe this is to make us think some scandulous events will happen. But i think nothing immediate will happen. Pratik and dimpy are there. Pratik may not say anything. The creep may think why didnt i come with her. Yuck. Renu was trying to reach megha, if she comes to know about lift drama, she will say bad things.
_SilentSoul_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
At the end of the day, I think that Megha will trust Mohan as she saw a different side in him when she poked him about his dad being a millionaire and also when she heard about Rashmi, and by the way, Mohan ne kuch jaan buch ke tou nahi kiya. So my prediction is that they will team up for the case by Tuesday.