Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks...😊. I had heard of one instance where Satam sir was very deeply affected by one of his roles. I didn't know which show it was...and what... MM was the director of that show??? 😲 Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
rukhsar.crazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing...
its good to see they r getting so much media attention...
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: visrom

Thanks...😊. I had heard of one instance where Satam sir was very deeply affected by one of his roles. I didn't know which show it was...and what... MM was the director of that show??? 😲

Satam sir and MM are very very close friends ..
I heard of a play which had affected him a lot ..
There was a play which affected him so deeply that he almost started having hallucinations ..
In that he played the role of a man .. whe he and his wife didn't have kids but always imaginedd having one and lived with an imaginary son .. this was a very succeful play and had many shows .. this role affected him very very deeply .. 😉
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing
great to see cid being recognised nowadays by media
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Sivaji Satam with his CID team
Crime-based fiction show CID has turned 14 this year. And given that it's constantly in the top 10 TRP charts, it doesn't seem likely that broadcaster Sony Entertain-ment plans to take it off the air anytime soon. Over the years, the faces of the junior officers on the show have changed quite often, but many of the senior officers are played by actors who've been with the show since the start in 1999, such as Daya (Daya Shetty), Abhijeet (Aditya Shrivastava), Fredrix (Dinesh Phadnis), Dr Salunkhe (Narendra Gupta) and ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam).

"I never thought that the show would go on for so long, though with B P Singh at the helm, I was sure about the quality," says Shivaji Satam. "I had worked with him on a Marathi show and that's why I took on CID. Now I don't want to switch to another show because my co-actors have become family for me."

Viewers often confuse the CID team with real cops, adds the actor. And fans often say that they think the TV policemen are better than the real police force. "That's probably because we crack cases faster," says Satam. "Also, the show's characters deliver lines that actual police officers would never utter. The real and reel personalities overlap."

Though he has never confused the real and the reel himself, the Marathi film and TV star says that sometimes, a role can get to an actor. "I went through a traumatic phase when I worked in a play called Dhyani Mani," he says. "It had 440 shows in three years and revolved around a man who hallucinates that he has a child. My son at that time was as old as the child in the play, and it became very difficult for me to detach myself from the character."

TV though, doesn't have such pitfalls. "Once they say 'Cut', you know you are back to being yourself," he says. "My health improved only after director Mahesh Manjrekar gave the play a break!"

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Roopal it's the same content, hence merged the threads.