Sangita’s cool summer secrets

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Style guru

The sexy bong Sangita Ghosh, who shot into prominence with Mehendi Tere Naam ki, Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand and the recently concluded Rabba Ishq Na Hove is known as one of tellywood's most fashionable divas. We caught up with her at the shooting of her next serial Virasat (coming on Star Plus) to quiz her about her summer fashion mantra.

What's your summer fashion style?
To wear light (mostly cotton) and cool coloured clothes which are easy on the eyes, basically any stuff which lets my body breathe

Which outfits do you wear the most during summers?
During summers you will mostly see me in low-waist denim jeans and colourful printed skirts, both the long and short variety. But no micro minis please!

What type of top do you prefer to go with your denims and skirts?
Any kind of chic looking top, but nothing tight fitting. I also avoid those itsy bitsy tops, which some girls wear in summer.

Which outfit you will avoid like plague in this oppressive heat?
I cannot remember anything offhand, may be a heavily embroidered ghagra choli. I think it would look grotesque in the Mumbai summer.

Any preference of colour during summers?
Although l like red and black, I try to avoid them in summer, accept when I am going to a place which has an A/C. During this time of year, like everybody else, I also wear lighter colours like whites.

What's your summer skin care routine?
I really don't have a skin care routine, all I do is regularly moisturise and wash my face several times in a day and drink a lot of water.

Would you wear a bikini when you go to a beach, let's say Goa?
No, I am not the one who likes to soak the sun, I rather sit at home and enjoy reading a nice book.

Do you believe its important to dress up for parties and functions?
See, it all depends on my mood, if I am in the mood to dress up, I will really deck up, on the other hand, if I am not, I might even land up at a party wearing pyjamas.

Your take on the much publicised wardrobe malfunction?
It happens to everybody yaar. Its just an accident. Even in normal situation have you not seen men who leave their fly open? It's all media hype and if you guys stop giving this issue undue attention, it will surely die down.

Name any two accessories you absolutely cannot do without?
My watch and mobile phone.

Of the current lot of top fashion designers, whose clothes you pick the most?
I don't go for designer labels, rather I will pick up anything, which takes my fancy.

Who according to you, is the best-dressed Bollywood star?
Man, that's a tough question to pose as nearly everybody dresses well. Let me think, The big B and yes the macho, Sunjay Dutt.

And the worst dressed?
No comments. (Playing safe hah!)

Among the various characters you have played so far, whose outfit you like the most?
Without a doubt the lovely chiffon and georgette sarees worn by my character in Rabba Ishq Na Hove

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp