Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: vedi821

@ Leesan,

Like you, from the moment I read Guddu was slated to be Runjhun's husband, I was in. I felt truly tortured by the jan/feb episodes but I would not give up. I had to see how these two would come together has a couple.  And boy was I rewarded. Those episodes following the wedding were just amazing.👏

I do love the classics also. Jane Austen is definitely a favorite of mine. Have read her works repeatedly. Great Expectations though not  favored by many is my favorite book by Charles Dickens. Currently I read for pure entertainment and have indulged in all the big blockbusters. I absolutely loved the Millennium trilogy. Please do give them another chance, the first hundred pages of The girl with a dragon tattoo is very dry but trust me it does get better. The Swedish version of the first movie was fantastic also. Actually that was the last series that I read and enjoyed. Trying to get into game of thrones, (best friends are forcing me) but no luck so far. My favorite genre at moment are mysteries, the grittier the better.

@vedi821...lol!! Great Expectations is also my favorite Dickens,followed by Tale of Two Cities!!!

Love "Pride and Prejudice" ,"Persuasion" and the risque" Mansfield Park"!!! I tend to go  a little overboard sometimes with my literary passions!! So...I have paid homage to Jane Austen by visiting Winchester Cathedral where she is buried,as well as Bath and Lyme Regis where Persuasion is based!!  Even visited "Pemberley", no did not meet Mr. Darcy!!😉
Tend to do so with my favorite authors, so have been to Cartagena (G G Marques), Dorset (Hardy), and of course I am originally a Londoner so Dickens is easy!!! Actually my job and my favorite authors have taken me far and wide, including one of my favorite cities in the world Istanbul (Orhan Pamuk)!!!  So I know it's just a matter of time before I get to "Kannauj" India !!!😉😉!!  But before that there is a lady detective," Mma. Ramotswe", I hope to visit in Botswana!! It is sometimes very difficult for me to combine work travel with personal travel...but sometimes it does happen,and when it does it is just magical!!!

Ok, enough of me!!! Back to BBAT, still trying to distract myself with work, hope the forum can stay active for a while,would be devastated to lose both and so soon!!!  Anyways,thanks for being there!!

lilly620 thumbnail
Awww Leesan,

I'm a bonafide anglophile myself. I have done westminster, the english countryside, bath etc...Never Pemberly though, might have to go there on my next trip. Always wanted to do an Austen tour but thought it might be too cheesy. Will have to consider it now.😛

I also wanted to visit Botswana after reading about Mma Precious Ramotswe. I don't think I have ever been as charmed as I was with that character. Loved the hbo/bbc series too and would give anything for them to continue with it. Watched it all over again on demand recently.

I feel uneasy going off topic here, feel as if I'm going to be whacked any moment. Trying to distract myself also. I'm hoping that we can still post when the forum goes into archives. If not, we will have to form a support group somewhere. Really not willing or ready to say goodbye yet. I love BBAT and this forum so much.
Edited by vedi821 - 12 years ago
Leesan thumbnail

Awww Leesan,

I'm a bonafide anglophile myself. I have done westminster, the english countryside, bath etc...Never Pemberly though, might have to go there on my next trip. Always wanted to do an Austen tour but thought it might be too cheesy. Will have to consider it now.😛

I also wanted to visit Botswana after reading about Mma Precious Ramotswe. I don't think I have ever been as charmed as I was with that character. Loved the hbo/bbc series too and would give anything for them to continue with it. Watched it all over again on demand recently.

I feel uneasy going off topic here, feel as if I'm going to be whacked any moment. Trying to distract myself also. I'm hoping that we can still post when the forum goes into archives. If not, we will have to form a support group somewhere. Really not willing or ready to say goodbye yet. I love BBAT and this forum so much.

@vedi821...OMG!!! Can't believe you know Mma Ramotswe too!!! Have read every book in that series and saw the HBO/BBC series too!! I understand the author actually does guided tours to Botswana as well!! Died laughing with the actor that played Kremlin!!! he is a very good British actor that was also in the series "Small Island"...great book and series!!!

Have found quite so many soul mates on the forum (besides Himm of course!!😉!!), And really hope it can last for a while!!!  Not sure whether posting is allowed on the archives,unless there is a moderator I suppose!! Anyway,we'll cross that bridge when we get to it!! Just hope that bridge to nowhere is a long,long way off !!!

lilly620 thumbnail
@Leesan,

I adore Precious, I fancied myself going off into some remote area, opening a detective agency, driving a tiny white van, and drinking lots of bush tea. 😆😆 The City girl in me who loves her creature comforts probably wouldn't last longer than a day, but  what a fantasy.😆

Now I have visions of Kannauj, might have to join you on your visit. We may have to stay away from khali ghat though, the urge to jump might be too tempting. Hopefully we'll have good news soon of Himmanshoo's next venture, and we will have something new to obsess over.  I have never followed the career of any actor, but this show have me doing things I never thought I would do.😛
Leesan thumbnail

@Leesan,

I adore Precious, I fancied myself going off into some remote area, opening a detective agency, driving a tiny white van, and drinking lots of bush tea. 😆😆 The City girl in me who loves her creature comforts probably wouldn't last longer than a day, but  what a fantasy.😆

Now I have visions of Kannauj, might have to join you on your visit. We may have to stay away from khali ghat though, the urge to jump might be too tempting. Hopefully we'll have good news soon of Himmanshoo's next venture, and we will have something new to obsess over.  I have never followed the career of any actor, but this show have me doing things I never thought I would do.😛

@vedi821...LOL!!! That poor little white van!!!  I am not much of a star gazer myself, so I know what you mean!!  Though I wish the entire BBAT crew great success, it will be very hard for me to see Nive or Himm in new roles opposite new actors!!

Not sure if I can or will do it, we'll see!!  Just wish I had the resources to keep them on a permanent retainer where they will only act together!!!😊!!   And as our Gunjuhn, talk about obsession and desperation!!!   Reminds me of the role Kathy Bates played in that movie Misery!! And I thought SHE was  a whacko!!  How the mighty have fallen...and all for BBAT!!!😉!!

To all my forum sisters...have a great weekend,looking forward to hearing from you all...and soon!!!
indi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi girls ... just stopped in to say hello and have a nice weekend!!! 

@leesan ... had to be you again!!  Why do we have to have the same taste in men???? As if fighting over G wasn't enough, you are now after D'arcy!    I have just one thing to say to you ... Stay away from William D'arcy and Pemberly!!!   I have no strength to fight you any more!!  By the way, to comfort myself, I watched Pride and Prejudice last Sunday ... (must have been my 100th time)!!!  And yes!!  be careful you don't turn into Kathy Bates- seems you like Stephen King too!!  By the way leesan, are you a scorpio?? 

vedi ... I like to the classics too!!  What a small world!!  And don't encourage leesan to go to Kannauj please ... she would want to keep G all to herself.  I'm starting to seriously look at cloning Himmanshoo!  Wouldn't be the same, but say what, a lot of women will be happy!! 

jps01 ... take it easy girl, I know it's hard, but there's nothing much we can do about our Gunjhun!  Wish Himmanshoo and Nive could return soon - together that is ... would love to see them in another love story!!  Well, I'm going to look at some of BBAT's early episodes now ... like the 30-day challenge!! 

Hi van didi .. hope you are enjoying your weekend! 

Edited by indi - 12 years ago
Leesan thumbnail
@indi...LOL!!! Yes...we do happen to share quite a few characteristics and tastes... But I am not willing to share Himm with you and Jay, and I hope Jay does not fall for the oldest trick in the book as well!! You can clone as much as you like, but I will only settle for the real deal!! No genetic experiment for me,those have been known to fail way too often!! 

Nice to have you around Indi!! Even if you are my toughest rival!!😉!! 
Hope things are returning to some semblance of normality for you, as for us all. I have not been quite normal for some time, ever since a certain guy turned up in kannauj ,on a bike wearing aviators!!😛!! 

Anyway girls,gotta go!! Kinda late, lot's of work!! Take care and keep posting!!
jps01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Oh my dear friends, Indi, Leesan, Vanfan Di, et, al (did not deliberately leave out any of you, just too many names to type) you do put a smile to my face!  Hope you are all having a good weekend (I know its hard without our BBAT), but let's be positive and hopefully, we will see the one who is responsible for all our pains (heart and otherwise) soon on the screen!😃

Indi, I don't know why you are contemplating cloning him?  I want the real one, so does Leesan and all the rest of you out there 😳, so I say to you Indi, keep the cloned one.  Leesan, no worries, I'll let you have the original, won't share my plans as of yet, keep guessing!!
Vedi, Pensinki, Tanutes, Cleos, hope all is well!!  I have enjoyed Wafah's (gurufmv) videos especially the "tu jaane na, Ishq Sufiyana, Lag ja gale" - I really love these!!! Keeps me alive!!!! Try them!

Love to each of you!!
lilly620 thumbnail
Awww Jps01, 

Much love to you too.🤗 Hope all my friends are having a terrific weekend. I have overdosed on Wafah's VM's too. Still finding it difficult to watch them at the moment. Hopefully in another week or so.  My current favorite is Lag Ja Gale, makes me cry every time. What a fantastic VM, the song choice couldn't be any more perfect. I prefer that dream to the real reunion. Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead.😃

I have also enjoyed pranganga's, Rani's and Rasha's VM's...check them out also.!!!
Leesan thumbnail

Awww Jps01, 

Much love to you too.🤗 Hope all my friends are having a terrific weekend. I have overdosed on Wafah's VM's too. Still finding it difficult to watch them at the moment. Hopefully in another week or so.  My current favorite is Lag Ja Gale, makes me cry every time. What a fantastic VM, the song choice couldn't be any more perfect. I prefer that dream to the real reunion. Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead.😃

I have also enjoyed pranganga's, Rani's and Rasha's VM's...check them out also.!!!

@vedi821,@jps01...hey girls!! I too have overdosed on VMs, of all varieties!! Tonight is going to be extra tough,with no BBAT, and no Downton Abbey!! All done!! What is to become of me?? 😭!!

Oh yes...there is such a thing called work, and there is quite a lot of it !! But it's not quite that romantic...right ladies??😉!!   Oh well, back to the harsh world of reality!!  Just so sorry that I have nowhere to escape to when I need that romantic fix ,our Gunjuhn always did the trick!! 
Sigh!! Guess I have to become more open to finding Mr. (almost) Right!  But they change so quickly from a prince into a frog!! What's a girl to do??😆
Hang in there my forum sisters, miss you all...please keep posting!!