Dastaan(Hum TV)Review

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

OST and Lyrics 

I understand I am late, but as they say it is never too late. I have been asked numerous times to review Dastaan, but I couldn't as I had not watched the serial. The worth of mouth made me watch it and now I am in a position to review it. 
Dastaan is one of the most famous, loved, and talked-about serials of recent times. It is based on the novel Bano by Razia Butt. Set in post and pre independence era, this tells the story of Bano(Sanam Baloch), who is abeautiful and nave girl. She falls in love with Hassan ( Fawad Khan), and the two are engaged to marry when all hell breaks loose thanks to the independence wave, and the two are separated.
 This is essentially a love story with some strong messages. Bano is one of the strongest characters I have seen on our television on recent times. The character grows on you, and you feel for her. The pain, suffering, dilemma, and trouble are translated beautifully on screen. 
The script by Samira Fazal is great. The twists are beautifully woven in the narrative, and take you by surprise. Some scenes, and twists worth mentioning are:
1. Hassan and Bano's first meeting and then coming face-to-face again. 
2. Ahsan Khan realizing truth, and the ultimate battle.
3. Babrik Shah's death.
4. Mehreen Raheel's track. 
The serial educates you, hits you hard, and make you think. It has everything right. The director, Haissam Hussein, deserves all the applause for pulling this difficult serial so easily. He tells the story beautifully. The serial never looks dragged, and you never get bored. All the twists come at the right moment, and the ending is also immensely likeable[not a happy one]. I just have one problem; Bano's hatred towards her son doesn't look justified to me. 
I miss this version of Haissam Hussein, and I am hopeful he will come back with something magnificent again, after duds like Akbari Asghari and KPKPPBT.
 Now to acting; the serial has some great acting. Sanam Baloch as Bano is perfect. I have never been a fan of the actress, but watching this I realize why she has a strong fan-base. The actress emotes well, and her dialogue delivery is perfect. This has to be her career's best performance so far. 
Keeping in mind, the serial happened year before the Humsafar's wave; I was surprised seeing Fawad Khan playing the role so maturely. He is great in all the scenes alike. The chemistry between the lead pair is likeable, and much credit goes to the writer for lighting it so well. 
Mehreen Raheel is efficient. The actress hasn't improved though [comparing this to her recent performances]. Saba Hameed is likeable, like always. Ahsan Khan gives a strong performance. Saba Qamar shines in a small role. The rest of the cast is effective and efficient. The editing is perfect. The OST is soothing. 
Over all, reviewing this one wasn't easy. How can one review a serial that has been welcomed by one and all? Please, do yourself a favor and watch this one. You will learn and be entertained at the same time. 

Rating : 

http://www.tvkahani.com/WEBSITE/Dramas/Dastaan/review.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

I just started watching this and the review came just at the right time
I am in love with this drama and the couple😳
When I first started watching and saw Bano I was kinda disappointed and thought how can she be the main lead? But then her character started growing on me now I realize that no one else could do this role so perfectly as Sanam did
Fawad and Sanams expressions are superb...this has got to be their best acting! :D
Sweet_Kandy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
this was the BEST show i have ever watched and a flawless performance by Fawad & Sanam
this was an epic show and as well as the couple
zanish_k thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Unfortunately,i havnt watched this serial on right time.Now i m watching this drama,and i m totally loving this drama.Totally flawless acting of fawad and sanam.they potrayed their character beautifully. Edited by zanish_k - 12 years ago
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
and i'm yet to watch this one..:(
dania_90 thumbnail

I hav seen a lots of people praised this drama in forums,face book pages,and yes then i comes to know that fawad was also in drama,So i decided to watch it,and yes its treat to watch dastaan.Beautifully written,perfect direction.ANd FAWAD and sanam are incredible,they looks beautiful.Seems like this role is just made for them.

I think Hum tv should again repeat this drama at some 9:00 pm Time slot
MochaQueen thumbnail

Bilal Abbas Khan

whoever is a fan of romance stories or tragic stories must watch this drama ðŸ˜³
Taify thumbnail
Usman, do watch it.
U can download it in full from www.tvkahani.com or watch online...

secondly, this is the first one to get a 4.5 stars =D

Originally posted by: Usman.

and i'm yet to watch this one..:(

You're yet to watch a lot of things 😆
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I absolutely ADORE this show! Its one of those ever green kind of shows that can never bore you!