TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
The final goodbye

Filmmaker Raj Kanwar's cremation took place at the Oshiwara samshan bhoomi on Sunday afternoon

–Mehul S Thakkar

He helped many actors with their first step in the Hindi cinema industry. But for his last rites, not many were spotted at the Oshiwara samshan bhoomi. Filmmaker Raj Kanwar, who breathed his last on Friday morning while undergoing treatment in Singapore, was cremated on Sunday afternoon. And only a few others from the industry were seen at the ceremony.
   While most filmmakers including, Sajid Nadiadwala, Suneel Darshan, Abbas-Mustan, Satish Kaushik. Shekhar Kapur and Rumi Jaffery were spotted at the creamtion ground, very few actors were seen. Luv Sinha, who was launched by Kanwar in the 2010 film Sadiyaan however, came to bid adieu with his mother Poonam Sinha.
   In fact, none of the actors who had tweeted their heartfelt condoleances on the filmmaker's demise, turned up to bid the final goodbye.
   It was only the very few who had worked with the filmmaker in many of his projects, who made it for the ceremony.
   Shekhar Kapur, who Kanwar considered his 'Guru', was spotted in a rather sombre mood. Most others, present at the venue, were similarly saddened.
   The late filmmaker's two sons and his in-laws were also there to greet the guests.
   After the filmmaker's body arrived in India at 11 pm on Saturday, the cremation took place around 12'o clock on Sunday afternoon. The Chautha ceremony will take place at the Santacruz gurudwara between 11 am and 12 pm.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I read somewhere SRK n PC were also given a break by the late Mr Kanwar.
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
That is sad. 😒

Originally posted by: tvdekha

I read somewhere SRK n PC were also given a break by the late Mr Kanwar.

He was the director of Deewana (SRK's debut film) and Andaaz (not Priyanka's first film but I believe it was her first hit and the movie that made everyone sit up and take notice of her).
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
so sad ...even media didnt cover it much i feel ...no pics of his funeral etc ...he gave so many big hits 

atleast those shld have gone whom he gave break ... like SRK , PC, Lara 

sad part abt Rak Kanwar's life was ( which i never knew , only got to know abt it today frm Shekhar Kapoor's tweet ) he lost 11 members of his Family in '84 Delhi riots 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kal El

That is sad. 😒

He was the director of Deewana (SRK's debut film) and Andaaz (not Priyanka's first film but I believe it was her first hit and the movie that made everyone sit up and take notice of her).

Andaaz was PC's first film too along with Lara. He gave lot of important hits to many stars. Sad that no one found time to attend the funeral.
11 members?😲
I am kinda glad no pictures of people at funeral because I feel its like mocking the deceased person but yes its really sad that no one wanted to pay their last respect to him
Edited by tvdekha - 12 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kal El

That is sad. 😒

my two fav movies...lara dutta debuted in Andaaz as well

sad news though...first one of the cast from the movie dies and now the director
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah I don't like the obsession with pictures and videos of funerals and esp of the deceased. I find it very disrespectful. But it's really sad that so few attended.

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Andaaz was PC's first film too along with Lara. He gave lot of important hits to many stars. Sad that no one found time to attend the funeral.

She did another movie that year with Sunny Deol. Wasn't that one released first? And if I'm not wrong, she was in a South Indian movie before that.
Edited by Kal El - 12 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
yah pics and paparazzi is disrespectful but media didnt cover it that much as it shld be ...atleast  tributes , to remember him 
TheRowdiest thumbnail

sorry , my mistake 

15 not 11 

Shekhar Kapur @shekharkapur

15 members of Raj Kanwar's family were massacred in riots after Indira Gandhi assassination. I was with him that day now at his funeral.