31.1.12- Sudama back with his Family

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
The old man (Naaradji) falls in a ditch and Sudama tries to help him. But the old man refuses his help. Sudama says when someone is in need, he should not hesitate to accept the help offered by even an unknown person. The old man changes to Naaradji and says that is the message he wants to tell Sudama that he should not refuse the Loving Help offered by Shri Krishna, as he is His dear friend and devotee. And he should go back to Dwarka. Sudama says he can't go back, asks for forgiveness from both Naaradji and Krishna and starts his journey back home. 

Naaradji returns to Sudama and expresses regret that he could not bring back Sudama. Krishna says he should not feel guilty as Krishna already knows that Sudama won't come back, his definition of devotion is taking him far from Krishna.  

A neighbour comes to Susheela and gives the news that Sudama is coming. She also suggests that may be Sudama will bring gifts for them along with him. Te children are eager to meet the father, they and Susheela dress up accordingly to welcome him. They also hope that may be Sudama will bring many riches this time also. 

Krishna tells JV  that today He is very lonely as He has lost his dear friend.

Sudama comes home and becomes very happy to meet his family. But he says he hasn't brought anything for them, this time. Susheela asks about the wounds of his feet, he tells her about the thorny way in the return journey. Susheela is surprised whether Krishna hasn't arranged for a chariot this time for her husband?

Susheela asks Sudama how was his journey. Sudama says this time it was like a visit to the  'gurukul' where he realised how to do proper 'bhakti' to the Lord. He apprecites Susheela for her nice clothes, Susheela says it is because of the grace of Shri Krishna. Sudama realises the 'truth' of the statement that his poverty could never had afforded such riches.

After taking his bath, Sudama opts for simple white clothes in the place of expensive clothes/ ornaments. He feels he should never forget his reality.

Sudama goes to offer 'bhog' to Shri Krishna at first, when they sit down to have their food. He prays to Krishna to give him the 'niswarth bhakti' (selfless devotion) which will be able to sustain all the adversities of life. Then, coming back to take his food, he notices the food items and feels that he can't accept the food.

Jai Shri Krishna!    

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vedantka thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Dear Debipriya,
😊thank you for the nice update😊

It looks like Sudama ( according to SP's ideaπŸ˜•) chooses his own definition of bhakti over what Krishna tried to explain to him.

Here Sudama seems not to understand that a true surrender to Krishna means surrendering his mind & intellect to Krishna what practically means  NO "BUTs". Whatever Krishna says it should be accepted by Sudama with no 'but' because using the word "but' by Sudama  means applying his own intellect/reasoning which equals to not trusting the perfect/absolute wisdom/knowledge of Krishna.

In other words Sudama's present idea of bhakti is not nishkam(selfless) as he chooses his brahmin dharm over friendship with Krishna, so his self interest of following "right path" is more important than Krishna's feelings.
And for me it feels like Sudama lost his spontaneity, some rules took over his spontaneous innocent love for Krishna...

Anyway I really like new Sushila , I think she could even make a very nice new Rukmini as she has kindness and softness in her acting and she is quite beautiful, especially her eyes are very nice.😊

Edited by vedantka - 12 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Completely agree with Vedantka. I feel may be after making Uddhava aware of his fault, now Krishna is teaching a lesson to Sudama.

I was happy to see the children of Sudama after a long time 😊. But the wife!!!! New actress!!! 😲  I couldn't believe it!!! Vrish is very much correct in his comment in 'Krishna Sudama Story' Thread. Susheela's (Geetu Gambhir)  contract must have been over and so they recruited a new actress!!! But what about Rukmini/ SB??? πŸ˜• πŸ˜‘

Now Sudama is the hero of the serial, not Krishna πŸ˜”, so much happenings are going on around Sudama, these days!!!! πŸ˜†

Sometime I just feel it would be better for SP to end the show rather than showing all these fictions πŸ˜”, which has no connection with the org incidents of Shri Krishna's life (acc to scriptures). 
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Another thing that made no sense was that Krishna had asked Udhav to decorate the palace as though Sudama is returning, and then it turns out that Sudama is not!  So now, Krishna is someone who goes from being omniscient to someone whose expectations can be shattered? πŸ€”

Also, Narada disclosed his true identity to Sudama too soon.  He should have lured him all the way back to Dwarka, and then revealed himself.  Someone like Narada who's a veteran in pulling pranks could have done this a lot better! 

Previously, Sudama returned to find a new home w/ riches, and this time, he's come home & found himself w/ a more attractive wife 🀣  This serial should be re-named 'Kahani hamari Sudama ki'