CID

MULTIPLE IDS, PROXY SITES

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
A recent check of our forum by our channel mod Jyoti has revealed the existence of some users with multiple ids. Many members are also using Proxy sites to access IF.

This post is to inform everyone that creation of MIDs and playing pranks is against rules.

Using Proxy sites to access IF puts you in danger of being banned because you will have the same IP address as several other members. If someone else is banned for indiscipline, your id will also be banned for no fault of yours because you are having the same IP address as the erring member.

The MID results maybe because many of you are using proxy sites (like kproxy) to access IF.

Kindly avoid using proxy sites and multiple ids. All the ids which came up in today's check will be rechecked shortly. Therefore please access IF directly through your real IP address.

(Please do not ask me/PM me about your status, I am not aware of the details. If you are clean, nothing will happen to you.)
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kanak. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
But I access this site when I am in office and here we do have a proxy, can't do anything about it. What to do then? 
Padmpriya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
hey di what mean by proxy servers...????
visrom thumbnail
What it means is commonly used proxy servers like 'kproxy' not office proxy servers.
It's for your own good. There are many other using sites like kproxy and all of them will show up with the same IP address. I am sure you don't want to be having the same IP address as a member who misbehaves and is warned.
visrom thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmpriya

hey di what mean by proxy servers...????

Sites which allow you to access the net without revealing your real IP address. If you don't know about such stuff, relax...it means you are using your real IP address. 😆
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Vis for this thread. This topic was seriously needed. One must make sure their using their own IP addresses and not proxy servers because doing so we'll get you into trouble even if there isn't any major fault of yours.
Also MID's as Vis has mentioned is really wrong. There isn't any genuine needs to open multpile ids when you can interact equally with one genuine id of yours right ??
I hope everyone reads this thread and understand and takes this seriously 😊
auntyno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
See, I don't know much about it, but I access IF both from home and office, though rarely from office.The office has proxy server  just as Kanak mentioned. And ISP for my home PC gives something like variable IP address.
I am banking on the fact that as Vis said, If I know nothing about these, I am not doing anything wrong and am safe.
Maybe there are long periods I have to stay off from IF, BUT Banished, oh no, never.
mallikaBalu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I don't know about proxy servers. Know about proxy attendance in class bus.😆
I just would love to know more about this. I could never access IF from office ever as the security settings were high. So as vis says I'm safe as I don't know all this.  

But it is irritating and worrisome if a clean member gets a warning or gets banished because someone else 's fault. 

True CIDians don't need MIDs or proxy whatever. They are bold enough to be their own trueselves.😊
Edited by mallikaBalu - 12 years ago
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
di just one doubt
me and my cousin stay together and we both uses IF from the same comp
i have took permission from nadii mam for this
so will it go against?
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mallikaBalu

But it is irritating and worrisome if a clean member gets a warning or gets banished because someone else 's fault. 

I think it should not done...why a clean member gets a warning or gets banished because someone else 's fault ?? Suppose if anyone use my IP address secretly to mein vi gaya...hey bhagwan !!! I think this point should be considered by development team of IF...actual culprit should be punished but not innocent one...sorry if i am wrong...
I dnt know about proxy server first time heard this...about MIDs yeah I heard that some people have MIDs but dnt understand clearly what is the need of second or third id...
Ek id kaffi hein ek ka password yaad nehin reheta to 3/4 ids ka kya hoga 😆

Edited by debasree04 - 12 years ago