Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Thanks for the character sketch.. Helps, since I've never seen Gossip Girl, except for a couple of minutes thanks for the pm
FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well written charactersketch!!!
bit confusing!!!
curiousbookworm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amaazzing character sketch!! nates son looks fine! and the girl you placed to play renee is from the secret life of an american teenager!! haha love that show too! cant wait for your next update!
KaaminiJha thumbnail
Not at all confused.
Amazing concept.
But haven't seen your updates in a while..
DO CONTINUE SOON.
Please?
sneaky-aj thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i was among those demanding for a character sketch and a million thanks to u for presenting us with one!!πŸ˜ƒ but will have to keep reffering back to this page coz i am a confused soul!πŸ˜†
xxSassyxx thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hmmm a proper teaser - that's for sure :-)  Lots of innuendos and hints about potential or past relationships.  Assume that these are linked to the upcoming ball that Aasha will attend. Eagerly waiting to find out the princess ends up with her prince - or not?

Thanks for the pm.
Nmyra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Chapter Fifteen 

- Rightful Reservations -

Seven Years Ago ,

Pre-Christmas Bash

Raizada Mansion, Delhi.

Kissing etiquette?

Help?

Damien Bass, having been born into the hot spot of modern-day roman proclivities should not by any stretch of logic be perturbed by a mere reference to kissing.

What should happen and what did however were rarely on the same wave-length when it came to Aasha Raizada. And as much as he seemed to detest that particular fact, Damien, who was no longer slouching but ram-rod straight in his seat, had begun to come to terms with that particularly unnerving dose of reality.

It wasn't until a brilliantly smiling Aasha repeated with a somewhat over-the top enthusiasm that she needed help, that Damien forced himself to snap out of his reverie.

"Of course and how exactly would you like me to help?"

The words were scarcely out of his mouth, before Damien realized he had stepped squarely into the verbal steel-trap, this particular fifteen year old had just engineered.

But even mere seconds was much too late. For Aasha Singh Raizada had already answered his not-particularly bright rejoinder with a sweet ' "Well I was hoping you could kiss me."

Seven Years Ago,

The 'Tree-house', New York.

"Oh MY GOD!" screeched Renee in an alarmingly unbecoming voice, as she stared disbelievingly at one of her best-friends in absolute shock.

Her best friend who seemed singularly unconcerned at the level of social suicide she was indulging in if anyone found out, and was grinning like the idiot Renee was sure she was.

Bevin on the other hand was much more level-headed about the matter. Aasha could do a lot worse than Damien in her opinion and more importantly  given his soft spot for her, Damien was highly unlikely to publically ridicule Aasha, which given the proximity to Aasha, Renee and her on Deb ball was likely Renee's main concern.

Hence in a much calmer mood, she proceeded to ask the question that begged asking '

"So '..did he kiss you?"

Aasha rolled her eyes in a sweepingly in-feminine gesture, while displaying a particular finger to both her besties in a move that reeked of her discomfort with the particular topic. Only to have Bevin to shoot her with a particularly pointed look and tease-

"Really? Without even a first date?

Well'I'll give it to the Bass-man'.

'. he works fast!"

Renee snorted in amusement in the background, before swiftly covering up her decidedly unlady like actions with a swift telling look at Bevin as she stated staidly, "I think its past time we had an 'interview'"

Present day,

Bass residence, New York.

Renee Archibald, socialite of the year, celebrated for her ability to smile in the most awkward of situations, fumbled mentally for words. "Uh...umm...no-one! Just checking in to make sure I didn't have a pop quiz or anything this weekend..you know how university classes are'and Design classes have been a bitch, we've been doing color structures and..."

Aasha who had tuned out her friends rambling the second she started on structures and colors, in a gesture of mock causality resumed her position with the ice-cream tub and with a plastered smile pretended to attentively listen to her friends long-winded conversation, while taking mental note of certain factors. Okay, obviously Renee was hiding something. Or rather someone, she corrected, she'd waited until she had left the room to take a call'or was it to make one'make probably, who would know to call on this landline..and she was nervous...

All at once it added up.

Of course. It was so obvious! They'd been so busy talking about how she'd run into Damien and the horror story of a reawakening she'd encountered with Gossip Girl they'd forgotten all about the one thing Renee had never been very adept in ling about or dealing with. Evidently time hadn't changed that.

Her previously plastered smile now back in full genuine form. Aasha lifted a perfectly shaped eyebrow as she scooted up closer to her friend and asked knowingly, "What'd he say?"

Renee blinked. Once.

Twice.

She knew?

She couldn't.

Doing an uncanny impression of a mute statue from the Met, Renee decided for once to keep a hold on her tongue, flushing furiously as she did, only to have Aasha finally give a frustrated sigh and say that if she didn't want to talk about him yet it was fine, -"In fact," she added, "I want you to meet Mohit'how about I tell him to make dinner reservations at The Hacienda?"

Renee who was blushing furiously now as she fought to keep from telling her once best friend exactly what was going on, only flushed further as Aasha added with an impish grin that almost reminded her of the old Aasha, that she could bring a date.

Date indeed.

And as pre-birthday dinner's went this was going to be one Gossip Girl herself would die to be invited too.

Guilt flooded her, but she wouldn't be a deserving Upper East Sider if she didn't understand the depth of the necessity for this subterfuge.

She was sick of this war.

She wanted her best friends back.

And for that'Aasha would just have to listen.

Present day,

Penthouse, UES, New York.

"Well?" asked Damien, his shoulders propped up in a show of exaggerated nonchalance against the full length window-sill over-looking the daunting Manhattan sky-line.

James looked down briefly at the handset in his hands as if he was hesitating, but finally looked up and nodded, answering with an almost curt '

"The Hacienda."

Damien relaxed visibly. "Dinner Reservations?"

James nodded again, putting down the handset with exaggerated care before he asked, almost awkwardly '

"Damien'.am I doing this for a reason?"

As expected Damien stiffened under his friends watchful eyes.

An attack of the conscience on his part, now, could effectively ruin everything.

And admit it or not there was more to this than just getting Aasha to listen.

More than just the explanations she didn't want to hear.

He closed his eyes as the six year old memory of a stricken Aasha stared at him in horror only to allow her eyes to widen imperceptibly in betrayal as she had looked behind him, and taken in the entire misleading scenario.

His own words from only weeks before that moment rang in his ears.

'Maybe when you're older sweetheart.'

Jerked back to the present as he opened his eyes, Damien mentally cursed his best-friend to hell and back for using his masked question to force him to give voice to what he was still incapable of fully admitting to himself '

"There's a reason."

Hey Upper East Sider's, Gossip Girl here.

Your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's Elite.

If there is one thing that is guaranteed to be entertaining here at the Upper East Side, it's a dinner date.

Especially when the reservations are for a table for four, and are made by the missing UES scandal princess herself.

So '.if three's a crowd'.would that make Number Four, merely audacious or an audience?

You know you love me.

XOXO

Gossip Girl

::Authors Note::

Yes life is on a roll so the updates are much slower.

I apologize.😭

Also i have incorporated a passage from an earlier chapter because some of you have had trouble following the track, hope it helps!

But do read and review, you people are what keep me from abandoning this fic every time  I face writers block!

Also New PM account '

NmyraPMAccount

Will be in use from the end of this week. Add it if you want updates.

Love you!!

Nameera

Edited by Nmyra - 12 years ago
-Devanshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
res!!!
EDIT!!!
loved the update!!!
"Well I was hoping you could kiss me"
even though i knew it was coming...my mouth still hung open when she said with such ease!!!

ohh god...mohit is gonna be there at the dinner...this is getting really exciting...everyone together...soo much of past yet to be revealed...so much of explanation to be cleared...im waitng to see Damien's reaction on seeing Aasha and Mohit together...next update is gona be really good...i know it!!!!:D...
Edited by DM1810 - 12 years ago
Sanjana1679 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
lovely update...waiting for the past to unwind...
smithasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh wow what a twistπŸ˜†

Nymps pls do me a favour...book me a table near them... I love to watch sparks flying πŸ˜‰

There is some kind of magic in the sparks,right??????πŸ˜›

Thanks for the pm

smitha