Achala Sachdev hurt in car mishap[Bebe]

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Achala Sachdev hurt in car mishap

Achala Sachdev
Veteran actress Achala Sachdev was involved in a car mishap on the Mumbai-Pune expressway on Saturday afternoon.

The accident occurred when she was en route to Mumbai for the shoot of the Star Plus daily Kavyanjali, in which she plays Bebe.

The octogenarian actress was travelling alone with her driver, and though the injuries she sustained are minor, she is in a state of shock and has been advised rest.

Lives alone

Incidentally, Sachdev is based in Pune and visits Mumbai only for shooting purposes. It is learnt that she lives alone and has a son, who is based in London.

When we called her on the mobile, it was her driver, Ibrahim, who took the call. "She has given her mobile to me and I am back in Mumbai. She has been admitted to a hospital in Pune," he claimed.

Traumatised

Ibrahim confirmed that the mishap had occurred due to a burst tyre. "She was not hurt, but it was extremely traumatic for her. She is in a state of shock. I had to call for an ambulance and she was taken to her family doctor, and later to hospital. The Balaji team was immediately informed about the incident."

The driver claims he received injuries on his chest and face, for which he is seeking treatment at a Jogeshwari hospital. Efforts to reach to Sachdev in Pune proved futile.

Sachdev, who has played the mother figure in several Bollywood films, switched over to the small screen with Kavyanjali. As Bebe in this daily, she plays Kavya's great grandmother.
Achala Sachdev facts

Has been doing roles of the ever-sacrificing and sugar-sweet mother in films ever since she was in her 20s.

Is best remembered as the blushing wife of Balraj Sahni in the evergreen song Ae meri zohra jabi in Waqt.

Began with All India Radio in Lahore and after Partition began work at Delhi radio station.

Her maiden film was Kashmir, in which one of her three sons included Govinda's father, Arun.

Featured in Aditya Chopra's blockbuster Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, which she did after a hiatus.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shirley thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanx 4 sharing...why r all of the actors getting accidents? 😕 😕