Rohit, Mansi create Magicworks!

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Rohit Roy and Manasi Joshi Roy
They have done their fair share of acting, so moving to production was a "natural progression".

Actor couple Rohit Roy and Manasi Joshi Roy now plan to float Magicworks!, a company that will produce content for television and films.

What drove them to take this big step? "This is totally Mansi's brainchild. She was very keen on venturing into production," says Rohit.

Mansi will look after the company's creative aspect, while Rohit will be in charge of production and administration. What will their first venture be?

"It's going to be a novel that Mansi read a while back, a story about two sisters. We are planning to buy the rights to adapt it into a teleserial.
We also have another story that we plan to turn into a daily."

Films' division

On the film front, Sanjay Gupta's White Feather Films will collaborate with Roy's production house. "I don't want to give out too many details, as an announcement will be made soon. But yes, films, too, will be an intrinsic part of our agenda," he says.

Mansi admits that she had always dreamt of producing her own television show. "I have always been very passionate about doing something on this scale. I read a book a few years ago, and thought it would make a great television serial. We are currently in the process of getting the rights."

Daddy coolest

The actress says her father is her biggest inspiration. "I have always seen my dad multi-tasking in different roles. He has directed, been a producer and an actor, and watching him do all these things, has inspired me
as well."

Does she plan to act in her shows? "If the characters demand it, then both Rohit and I will act. But I don't want to jump into something, just because I am producing it. In fact, my responsibilities have increased and I have to make sure we deliver outstanding products," she promises.

Naamkaran

The name Magicworks!  Sounds a bit familiar to the Hollywood giant, production house — Dreamworks.

Was that an inspiration? "We want to create magic in films and television so we came up with the name. I want my work to reflect the thoughts and values that we have been brought up with", said Mansi.

When asked about the title, Rohit said, "We both believe if one is honest to his craft, then one can create magic.

And magic works. So that's how we came up with it."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks for sharing! 😊