Roshni Chopra (Pia) Gets Engaged!

mistletoe thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Roshni Chopra engaged
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   May 1, 2006

Roshni Chopra
It was just a normal day off from her Kasamh Se shoot to catch up with family in New Delhi.

Roshni Chopra, who plays Pia in this Balaji daily on Zee, boarded the late-night flight to the capital, on Wednesday. At the airport, her director beau, Siddharth Anand Kumar, arrived to pick her up.

But as the car reached the lane near her home at DLF, Roshni was greeted with a fireworks display, with Siddharth slipping an engagement ring on her finger.

Like the movies

"It was exactly like in the movies. I was completely taken by surprise. It was an overwhelming moment. It was around 1.30 am when I reached home and saw fireworks going off. Suddenly, I saw my family and the neighbours cheering. I had not even imagined that I would be engaged this way," says Roshni.

"Despite the late-hour and all the noise of the fireworks display, the neighbours didn't mind in the least. They  thought it was the most romantic thing they had ever seen. It was like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge unfolding in real life.

Though my entire family knew about it, they kept it a well-guarded secret from me. They even popped open champagne bottles and my father was all equipped with a camera to capture the special moment."

Roshni has known Siddharth for six years. "We have done theatre together. Our families also know each other and we moved to Mumbai for professional reasons," says Roshni, who has acted in Siddharth's film, Let's Enjoy.

'Ring'marole

The actress returned to Mumbai on Saturday. "I had taken a day off, and when I called to say I was engaged, they thought I was joking. But I had a ring on my finger," laughs Roshni, who is undecided on when she will tie the knot. "Right now we have not set any date," she says.

Incidentally in Kasamh Se, too, she was proposed to, in a similar manner.

Roshni's UK degree 

Roshni Chopra in the 2006 British Council calendar
Roshni Chopra studied for her masters in communications at the University of Leeds, England, in 2003-04.

It was at Leeds, that her interest in film and TV developed. "I learnt a great deal about the media industry, globally.

It is a great investment to go and study in the UK. I did not just earn a degree, I got and education for life, made bonds with people and became the person that I am proud of being today."

After her return to Delhi, she began working with Seagrams, "till I anchored the Indo-Pak test match with Charu Sharma, which led me to acting."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dewanee thumbnail
thanks for sharing πŸ˜‰
and congrats to Roshni πŸ˜›
I just hope she knows how to cook, and doesn't shop toooo much with his credit card πŸ˜†(like the way we expected her to do if she was married to Jai)
Maan-Diwani thumbnail
congrats to her

anybody have a pic of him?

Edited by kuch kuch hota - 18 years ago
KHJL thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thnx for sharing 😊 ............n congratz roshni πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ........

btw i want to c his pics..........does ne 1 have it.......hehe 😳
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
whoa, thanks for the news

heres a pic of her fiance

and no, thats not RoshniπŸ˜†
apux thumbnail
thanks!! I guess life imitates art...wish them the best...
divya_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharrin
πŸ˜ƒ
mayona thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the news on Roshni and congratulations to engaged couple. πŸ˜› Edited by mayona - 18 years ago
nellie_2 thumbnail
Wow thanks for the news !!!!! Interesting!!! lol
mistletoe thumbnail
Now atleast Naman Shaw's girlfriend will not spend sleepless nights wondering if something is going on between her boyfriend and Roshni! πŸ˜†

Hey, what a coincidence, Roshni and I stay in the same area (DLF) in Delhi πŸ˜ƒ Wonder, why I didn't bump into her!

Cheers,

MT