Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi All,
Thought I might post an OS about Kokila.  It is a bit jagged around the edges but I wrote it as I find it.  Apologies in advance as per usual for any typos, grammatical errors, duplication etc.

X xx

Kokila Parag Modi watched the sleeping form of her daughter.  For the past four nights she had not been well and Kokila had slept on and off tending to her needs and now she was exhausted.  She looked over at the other bed where Parag would sleep.  It was empty and had not been slept in.  She rubbed her eyes and went over to her son's bed and woke him up.

"Ahem Dikra.  Wake up.  It is time to get up."  She shook him gently.  Six year old Ahem woke up.

"Mommy, I'm tired." He said and yawned.  Koki stroked away the hair from his forehead.

"I  know, Dikra.  But it is morning and you have to go to school. Come now."  She led him to the bathroom and helped him to wash.

Once he was dressed in his uniform Kokila squatted in front of him and put on his shoes.  They were scuffed and worn and her heart filled with sadness.  Too, aware of her circumstance she shed a silent tear.   Ahem's hand came put and wiped away the tear.

"Don't cry mommy," he said.  "I will walk carefully so that my shoes will last longer."  She looked at him and smiled.  She put her hand on his cheek.

"You've no need to worry about that.  Come, let's get you some breakfast."

Hetal was already in the kitchen making a start on the breakfast.  She looked up as Kokila entered.

"Kokila," she said concern showing on her face, "Why don't you let me make the breakfast.  You look as if you are ready to drop."  Kokila sank into the chair.

"Mota Bhabhi.  How can I let you do that?  No, I will help." Hetal smiled and shook her head.  Kokila's sense of duty was as stubborn as the sun was hot.  So she passed Kokila some items and asked to sit and prepare the things.

They had just sat down to breakfast, when Parag entered the house.   He had been to another one of his poetry meetings and was full of what he heard. 

"Daddy!"  Ahem cried out and ran to him.  Parag smiled at him, brushed him aside and sat at the breakfast table and helped himself.  Leaving the young Ahem standing, looking at him with beseeching eyes to be acknowledged.  Kokila noticed too and led him gently to the table and sat down with him.  She glared at Parag who was oblivious of what had just happened.  He twittered away in his own little world.  

"Parag?"  Baa spoke him.  "I would prefer it if you came home at night.  I do not like it when you are out.  I worry," she looked at Kokila. "We all, worry."

"There's no need to worry.  I'm fine,"  he said and continued with his conversation.   Both Chirag and Hetal observed Kokila.  They remembered when she had entered the house.  Full of wonder, dreams of what life would bring her.  A bright young thing.  And here she was now.  Broken, tired to the point of exhaustion, and dejected.  They had to do something.  Chirag motioned to Hetal to follow him. 

"Parag.  Can I see you once you have had your breakfast."  He got up and made his excuses and went over to the Mandir.   Ahem and Jigar finished their breakfast and were collected by a family friend to take them to school.  They said their goodbyes and collected their bags and rushed out of the house, jigar chatting away about some game he was going to play.  Chirag and Hetal turned towards the deity and offered a silent prayer.

"Jigar ki papa.  I am worried about Kokila." She turned to look at her and saw that she had fallen asleep at the table, her head resting on her hand.  "She has been so busy with the children and since Kinjal fell ill she has neglected herself.  I can look after Kinjal and tell her to rest.  But I worry for her.  Parag does not see anything but himself."  Chirag nodded.

"I know Hetal.  Everytime I try and talk to him, it just goes over his head.  All he thinks about is his poetry and how he will be famous one day. He just doesn't want to face reality that he has responsibilities.  It worries me.  I just can't get through to him and Kokila is so proud.  I offered to help with some of Ahem's costs and she refused outright.  I can't bear to see her suffer like this."  Hetal nodded in agreement.

He turned to the breakfast table and found that Parag had left and followed to him to his room.  He knocked on the door.  Parag turned round.  He smile faded as he saw his brother at the door.  He put his hand up.

"If you're going to give me a lecture, Bhai,  then spare me.  I am tired and need to sleep."  Anger rose in Chirag.

"You need to sleep!" he hissed.  Mindful that Kinjal was still asleep.  "Your daughter has been unwell for the past four days.  Kokila has not had a decent night's sleep since then and all you can think about it your own wellbeing?  Have you any sense at all.  You are a family man.  You have responsibilities. You can't keep building castles in the sky.  You need to face reality." Parag angrily picked up his things.

"I already told you.  I cannot do this.  You worry about your own little unit but if you want to take care of mine, too.  Go ahead.  It will do your ego good to have two women running around after you."  Crack!  Parag felt the sting of his brother's slap on his cheek.  He knew that he had gone too far.  Chirag stood before him with a face like thunder.

"How dare you!  Do you know what you have said!  You have shamed me and shamed the sanctity of your marriage.  Kokila has worked hard to accommodate

your musings and allowed you to follow your dream but what have you given her?  What is it with you?  Are you that self centred."  Parag could not answer he pushed past him and bumped into Kokila and Hetal who had been standing in the doorway.  He glared at her and rubbed his cheek.

"Are you happy now?" and stomped off.   Kokila felt weak.  She was too tired and too numb by what she heard to go after him.  She swayed momentarily.  Hetal grabbed her by the arm and led her to the bed and sat with her.

Kokila?  I will look after Kinjal.  Why don't you try and get some sleep."  She stroked her head like you would a child.  Chirag had slowly calmed down.  He turned to Kokila.

"Kokila.  I would like to apologise for my actions but mostly for my brother's inadequacies.   He had no right to say what he did but I will say this.  From now on your financial responsibility is mine.  I won't hear another word.  Now, do as Hetal says and get some sleep.  Hetal.  I'll leave now."  Hetal nodded.

"Get some sleep.  Don't worry about the chores." And followed Chirag out of the room.

Kokila lay back on her bed.  Tears threatening to fall.   She blinked them away angrily and vowed that whatever it took that she would never feel beholden to anyone ever again.  She looked over at the photo of her son.  She would mould him to be the person that Parag never was.  With Chirag's guidance she would ensure that her son would turn out to be an asset to her and allow her to hold her head up high in the future and for that she would have to be tough.  She shed tears for the sweet little boy who would have to grow up quickly but found herself having no choice and she closed her eyes succumbing to the sleep that had eluded her.

Hope it is ok.

Edited by Xarina - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
RESERVED!๐Ÿ‘

*EDITED*

yayyy im the first one๐Ÿ˜Ž

I feel sorry for Koki,i really do but that does NOT justify her behaviour of obsessing Ahem and making him so into work work work,its not good and its certainly not Ahem's fault his father failed Kokila's expectations!

Okay i read it again and i feel EXTREMELY bad for Kokia now๐Ÿ˜†

A lovely OS though,kind of makes us understand Kokila's perspective!๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by CHIKA784 - 12 years ago
maddy311 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Res

edited
Wow xarina that was wonderfully put up from kokila's perspective. Very lovely and awesome piece of writing. I can understand that if that was the situation then no doubt koki is like this today and so is ahem.
First time I have read a fabulous OS on kokila. Hats off xarina๐Ÿ˜ƒEdited by maddy311 - 12 years ago
NazmaJ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Oh my God Xarina!!!!!

What can I say???
This is an absolutely perfect back story for Kokila. You've actually made me hate Parag!!!
But the weird thing is that I can imagine Parag being so self absorbed and not reallising what his responsibilities are!!
The pain that Kokila went through comes clear in your writing!! A part of me wishes this is the actual back story!!!!

Great work Xarina!!
Hetp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It was awesome...Felt as it had actually happen ...good ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Ichangedit thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks so much for this Xarina!!! I really loved it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

and I find Chirag actually good in this one ๐Ÿ˜† omg you made me like him. This would def explain Koki's behaviour and how adorable was Ahem? Just to cute for words!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ
CravingKhana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Very nice...๐Ÿ‘makes her human...nicely told
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
xarina it was beautiful. for once you saw into the suffering of koki becos of a nitwit of a husband.
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CHIKA784

RESERVED!๐Ÿ‘

*EDITED*

yayyy im the first one๐Ÿ˜Ž

I feel sorry for Koki,i really do but that does NOT justify her behaviour of obsessing Ahem and making him so into work work work,its not good and its certainly not Ahem's fault his father failed Kokila's expectations!

A lovely OS though,kind of makes us understand Kokila's perspective!๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you Chika.  This was building up inside me for a few days, so I figured it's now or never.  Thought provoking.  Nothing or no one behaves in a way for no reason.  I am not justifying her actions of late but wondered what the insight could be. X xx
Dhabu89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I always felt "DAAL MEIN KUCH KAALA HAIN"  now we know what it is.  Parag is so self centered.  It's like reading about a male version of Rashi
Please continue updating๐Ÿ˜ƒ