SunShower - The Faux Rain (Novella)

BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This is my FIRST post here ... as u can make out from my Siggie Dabba  I am from the D3 forum .. but this completely unrelated .. basically an autobiographical thingy I started writing YEARS ago ..

So here goes the Prologue :

PROLOGUE

So my doctor just told me my eye-ball cancer is in the final stages and I have only 3 months to live.  Incidentally it also happens to be my 29th birthday. All of a sudden, I have all the free time in the world.  Since I wanted this birthday to be especially special considering there won't be anymore, I decided to take on some time to reflect.

Just kidding ' about the cancer part, not the reflecting-back-cuz-im-29 part. But lets say I DID happen to have eye-ball cancer, though, I'm not even sure the thing exists, but say I did. Then all that's happened in the past 29 years will be lost and I'm not letting that happen.

Cuz boy, was this life an eventful one!! The expected didn't meet expectations, while the unexpected exceeded expectations. And now that I'm on the threshold of my 29th and the last year of my tweens, I'm all the more aware of its significance.

As for who I am, or what my name is, well, not that it is any of your business, but find out you will, in due course.

So for now, let me take you, for a remarkable walk down the memory lane as the clock turns in reverse, but before that a few caveats'

You will promise not to cry' the pain is for me to keep '

You will promise not to be happy because the joy of being happy will first delude and then elude you, as it did by me.

You will promise not to fall in love as it's the last thing I'll share '

You will promise that no progeny of yours will sue mine cuz you died laughing while reading a story I wrote on MY deathbed. (Nope, you're not stealing my thunder.)

You will promise not to live all those moments because they're the fragments of the broken mirror I call my life ' one that I intend to put back together.

But most of all, you will promise to come out of it all unscathed, untouched ' unchanged ... Because the story, after all ' is mine.

And now that I have well-insured myself against all possible intrusions into my being ' I will begin ' Oh by the way ' I'm Alizey , and this is my story.

(Authors Note : My name is Rafi .. The CHARACTERS Name is Alizey ! πŸ˜†)

Chapter 1 :

Chapter 2 :

Chapter 3 :

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2662681&PID=59280403&#59280403 

Chapter 4 :

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2662681&PID=59394165�

Chapter 5 :

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/59423564�

Edited by SwaRon911 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Alizey, welcome to the writers corner!! you're story seems interesting.. really interested in those last promises. 
Nabakov_Musings thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow, that was like a nostalgic symphony in  abstract motion
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
loved the prologue...

especially the promise part...
LadyStark thumbnail
Loved the prolouge especially the promise thing. Seems really interesting 
rIDhid3rox thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
loved the prologue...
it seems very promising and interesting also
Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Rafi!!! I'm going to kill you. You are probably not going to read this comment but that doesn't mean I wont tell you what a BIG MEANIE you are. Yes, you! The one who writes all this awesome stuff and then very inconveniently doesn't share it with people like me who would die to read anything written by you. You thinks it's so funny to lead a parallel life (well not really, but from my POV at least, you are) going about writing intriguing prologues and other stuff and then thinking to yourself - Hey! Here's an idea! Let's NOT tell Nidhi about this! It's not like she is dying to read it or something! Inconsiderate, that's what you are! 

Anyways, just tell me when are you planning on publishing this book. You owe me at least that much. You've got me all riled up and I can hardly wait. I absolutely loved the prologue. Not that you care.πŸ₯Ί
Edited by Sawyer_Tom - 11 years ago
HPmaniac thumbnail
Wow. Just... wow! I was like...πŸ˜²πŸ˜”πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š πŸ‘πŸΌWhat would I have to do to read the rest? When are you publishing?
Swaron238 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Rafi di!!!!! I love u for writing this!! The prologue is so so so interesting!! Pls tell me wen r u publishing this novel??? :D waiting eagerly!! :D
NinaArief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
from all teh comments i gather that this is a book to be published , and perhaps that you are not updating here at all,but your prologue is soo gripping , please let me when ever you do get it published.. it would be a real treat..