and wait for the much awaited trip
next week , to know how events will
unfold in the life of Mr. & Mrs.
Bhatnagar (Jr.).

www.telly tadka.net/tellywood-bytes/telly-gossip/telly-review-shows-13/ 
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Dahi handi celeberation with TV hunks on 'Na Bole Tum...

Dahi Handi celebration will be in full swing on Sunshine Productions' 'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors'. 

The celebration in the Vyas family will get even more interesting as some of the popular TV hunks from Colors' will join the cast of the show. 

Six male leads from Colors' TV's popular shows like 'Balika Vadhu''Sasural Simar Ka','Uttaran', 'Chhal Sheh Aur Maat' will also be a part of the celebration. 

Jagya (Shashank Vyas of Balika Vadhu), Aman & Yuvi (Gaurav S Bajaj & Saurabh Raj Jain ofUttaran), Kabir (Avinesh Rekhi of Chhal Sheh Aur Maat), Prem & Siddhanth (Shoaib Ibrahim & Manish Rai Singhani of Sasural Simar Ka) will visit the Vyas family. 

Sources inform that Megha ( Akanksha Singh) will ask Mohan ( Kunal Karan Kapoor) to break the handi but he will be little apprehensive about it. The male actors from other popular shows will also try to motivate Mohan to break the handi. 

On the other hand, Addu will show his curiosity to break the handi and in the end Mohan along with Addu will break it. The actors will be seen shaking a leg on the latest Bollywood hit number Go Govinda from 'Oh My God'.

SunShine_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: sia1976

Good morning everyone, hope all are doing good. Its been long since i have been here, but coming to this forum is always a delight. I really miss my regular interactions but coming here always makes me feel like being at home. A warm hugs to all. Hope everyone has a good day :)

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/spotlight-menu/item/1303-unveiling-of-new-characters-in-na-bole-tum

SunShine_A thumbnail

Festive fever at its peak on NBTNMKK

When there is a question of any celebrations, the Tellywood actors are not far behind. So it was but obvious that their partaking in the Janmashtami and Dahi handi festival was a must ritual. The Colors show "Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha" therefore roped in at least half a dozen actors from various shows, to be a part of their special episode.

Shoaib Ibrahim, Jay Bhanushali, Saurabh Raj Jain, Shanhank Vyas, Gaurav Bajaj and Manish Raisinghani are some of the actors who have agreed to be a part of this episode. It will be fun and frolic all the way, as the actors will go about attempting to break the Dahi handi. Their camaraderie will be a thing to watch out for. After the congratulatory formalities to Mohan and Megha, everybody is in celebratory mood.

The actors also shared their secret tips with Mohan about how to go about keeping their respective wives happy and proving to be an ideal husband. Let's see if the tips prove to be of any use to Mohan, who will be off to a honeymoon trip shortly, with Megha, also taking the kids along with them.

http://www.filmitown.com/2012/08/10/festive-fever-at-its-peak-on-nbtnmkk/

SunShine_A thumbnail
Celebrating Janmashtami
With the city celebrating
Janmashtami today, could
the telly world be far behind. A special episode of
Na Bole Tum Na Meine
Kuch Kaha (starring Kunal
Karan Kapoor as Mohan
and Aakansha Singh as
Megha) where-in six male
lead actors of other shows
on the channel will be making an appearance is being
planned. Saurabh Raj Jain (Yuvi of Uttaran), Gaurav S
Bajaj (Aman of Uttaran), Jay Bhanushali (Anuj of Kairi),
Shashank Vyas (Jagya of  Balika Vadhu), Shoaib
Ibrahim (Prem of Sasural Simar Ka) and Manish Rai
Singhani (Siddhanth of Sasural Simar Ka) will join the
celebrations and partake in bringing the house and the
dahi handi down. 
SunShine_A thumbnail

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha' team in Nepal

Saloni Bhatia, TNN | Aug 11, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sudhir Sharma|Nepal|Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha|Kunal Karan Kapoor|Akanksha Singh
'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha' team in Nepal
A still from Na Bole Hum Na Maine Kuch KahaMore Pics
Indian shows heading to foreign locations for shooting important sequences is not a new thing. And the latest show to join the bandwagon of shows shot abroad is Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

Akanksha Singh aka Megha and Kunal Karan Kapoor aka Mohan, will soon be heading to Nepal, along with their children for their honeymoon. The shooting for this sequence will commence from next week.

The producer of the show, Sudhir Sharma, says, "We haven't decided the dates for the shoot. But, in all probability, we will be heading to Nepal around August 15. Nepal has not been explored well by the small screen as a shooting destination. Also, our protagonists hail from a middle class family and can't afford going to Mauritius or Singapore, hence we decided to head to Nepal."

He adds that they didn't choose Indian cities like Goa or Mussoorie because of the rainy season here.

SunShine_A thumbnail

Death of Childhood?

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Aug 12, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Sudhir Sharma|Mona Singh|Amruta Mukherjee
Death of Childhood?
Amruta Mukherjee with Sakshi Tanwar
Child actors on television shows work 12-14 hours, are irregular with school and barely get any play time. Is this the price of fame? TOI explores 

Family dramas are incomplete without kids. On the small screen, almost every other show has child actors in pivotal roles — from Anandi (Avika Gor) of Balika Vadhu, Ginny (Aashika Bhatia) and Rocky (Tapasvi Mehta) in Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi, Bulbul (Khushi Verma) in Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Nanhi (Ashnoor Kaur) in Na Bole Tum... NaMaine Kuch Kaha, to Peehu ( Amruta Mukherjee) in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain and twins Anand and Anand (Anmol and Apurva Jyotir) in Parichay. However, the work hours of these child actors has shot up with increasing competition. They work for 12-14 hours, miss school and even play-time. 

With gruelling work hours and pressure of studies, are these children missing out on their childhood and all it is meant to encompass? Here are some facts: Aashika Bhatia in Parvarrish... is 13 years old. She spends around 12 hours on the sets to perfect her role. Her mother Meenu Bhatia says going to school everyday is not possible for her daughter. "There is a special tutor who comes home to teach her during her weekly offs," she says. When Aashika does attend school, she leaves at 8 am and returns at 2 pm. "As soon as she's back, I take her to the sets. The shooting starts immediately and sometimes goes on till midnight or even 2 am," says Meenu. 

Of course, an added attraction, apart from being on television, is that they end up getting paid ' 10,000-12,000 per day; and these kids generally shoot for a minimum of 25-27 days. Actor and producer Bhairavi Raichura feels that parents can get ambitious and push their kids as they earn more than newcomers in the industry. "I have worked closely with child artist Avika. As the show revolved around her, she had to shoot for long hours," says she, adding, "I think it is solely a parent's responsibility to put a clause that 'my child won't work beyond these many hours and will not miss school'." 

Eleven-year-old Khushi Verma who plays the role of Bulbul, Mona Singh's elder daughter in Kya Hua..., is usually immersed in her school books in between takes. "Who doesn't mind seeing their children on television? Today people recognise us as her parents and it feels good when your child gets so much recognition at an early age," reasons her father Arun. 
But such recognition might come with a price. Tapasvi Mehta (19) looks back at his years as a child actor: "Sometimes I feel my life has become too monotonous. I have no friends as I'm constantly juggling work and studies." 

How do the children cope with this early exposure to media and immense work pressure? According to producer Sudhir Sharma of Na Bole Tum..., there are strict guidelines for child artists and it is the duty of the makers to ensure that the children aren't taxed too much. "As per the guidelines from the controlling body for child artists, they are not supposed to shoot during school hours. "Anybody violating this law can face serious consequences," says he. 

At the end, it is the adage that 'you lose some, you gain some' which applies here, feels Bhairavi. "The special attention which these child artists get, motivates them to work hard and put in extra efforts. They do miss their social life but that is the price one has to pay as a star," adds Bhairavi. 
SunShine_A thumbnail
H1: Hindi GECs on their toes

By GAURAV LAGHATE
Indiantelevision.com Team

(11 August 2012 9:24 pm) 

MUMBAI: In the cash-guzzling Hindi general entertainment channel(GEC) space, the first six-months of the year remained fiercely competitive. Imagine TV closed down operations, the second position in the GEC hierarchy was hotly contested, realistic fiction shows gained attention and Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan made his debut on television with a socially meaningful show.

On 12 April Turner International finally gave up its Hindi GEC business in India, shuttering Imagine TV after running massive losses. With Imagine TV, Turner's ambition of having a presence in the GEC genre also ceased. Earlier it had made a futile attempt with Real, a channel launched with the Alva brothers as joint venture partners.

"We have already seen channels like Zee Next, 9X, Real and now Imagine TV exiting the space. GEC is a high investment genre. The players will have to constantly deliver innovative programming in fiction as well as non-fiction to be successful," says a media observer.

Star India also closed its second GEC, Star One, and started afresh under the brand Life OK. Launched in December last year, Life OK climbed fast and crossed the 100 GRP mark. Sony also progressed strongly as its fiction properties started delivering.

"Life OK established very fast. Achieving and maintaining over 100 GRPs in less than six months shows a good plan there. Moreover, what it essentially means is that now from a five-player game, we have moved to a six-channel market," observes Ormax Media co-founder and CEO Shailesh Kapoor.

In the programming segment, there was a new focus towards fiction properties with a realistic perspectiveThough the trend started sometime last year with shows like Bade Acche Lagte Hain (SonyEntertainment Television) and Diya Aur Baati Hum (Star Plus), shows like Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha (Colors), Parvarish (Set) and Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke (Zee TV) have capitalised on this need gap.

"There has been a definite movement towards light-hearted treatment of content. Stories may still be based around families and social change, but the treatment is less heavy and emotional than what it was before," avers Kapoor.

Weekend entertainment programming had a mixed menu. While there were singing and dancing based reality shows (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and DID L'il Master), a few channels also showcased Fear Files, CID and Crime Patrol (extended to 3 days a week).

"There is a significantly big universe opening up for crime / thrill based content, especially with the youth and the lower SECs," a senior media executive observes.

Reality shows entered a tricky phase, with no fresh ideas coming up."There is clearly a fatigue as far as reality shows are concerned. What we are seeing are seasonal properties while there are no good new formats. Even Survivor India on Star Plus couldn't captivate audiences. We seem to have saturated the formats available to us," the executive adds.

Hindi general entertainment channels also started exploring some of the unexploited time bands. Star Plus, for instance, launched the Aamir Khan show, Satyamev Jayate, on Sunday afternoons. Zee TV is also readying to air Ramayana on the same time slot.

Hindi GECs continued with the practice, started late last year, of reducing the movie airings. "GECs have comparatively reduced the movie premieres for achieving spikes. But being a GEC, the need to showcase good movies definitely remain," a media observer points out.

In recent times, both Star India and Zee have shifted their big ticket premieres on to their movie offerings (Star Gold, Movies OK and Zee Cinema).

Has the ad slowdown affected the Hindi GECs? "FMCG will continue to spend big on GECs. So even if television as a whole may see 8-10 per cent ad growth, GECs will do better. Also, the automobile industry has a lot of launches lined up and they will increase their spends," avers Zee Entertainment Enterprises chief sales officer Ashish Sehgal.

Agrees Star India president-ad sales Kevin Vaz, "There will be categories and genres which will be impacted but Hindi GEC and movie genres will not be affected. The reason being that the core category – FMCG – is growing aggressively. All the players – ITC, P&G, HUL, Marico, Dabur - are spending money. Moreover, automobile is also shifting focus from print to TV. In April-June quarter, all four telecom players have also upped their spends."

SunShine_A thumbnail
posted by Anuja Gondhalekar, last updated on August 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm

We had our parents and grand parents tell us anecdotes about the freedom struggle so we could relate to it. I have nothing to tell my children.

15th August is a day that emphasizes the equality of all Indians, regardless of where we're from or how much we earn. Considering this, isn't it ironic that there is a huge gap between the way youngsters see Independence Day and the way our elders do?

For youngsters, I-Day is about posting patriotic messages and Independence Day wishes on Facebook, Twitter and the like. But our older generation has a greater connect with the day that signaled the end of our servitude. 

Reminisces Alka Amin, who we know as Veena Chopra of Parichay, "We used to attend the flag hoisting ceremony in school and used to rush to collect the sweets that they distributed that day. Even when I stayed in Delhi, I used to organize performances for the kids in our society so that everybody could come together on that day. That feeling is somehow missing nowadays"

Jayati Bhatia, aka the Mataji of Sasural Simar Ka, agrees. "I remember getting up early in the morning to go to the Red Fort and hear the Prime Minister's address to the nation. And being an Odissi dancer, I used to look forward to performing on that day. It was a holiday but it still used to be a busy day for us."

Apart from being nostalgic, the emotion that comes across most prominently in these actors is the feeling of disconnect. Not in themselves but with the new generation. Avers Jayati Bhatia, "The young generation, from the age of 10-12 years, are hooked to Facebook and Twitter. The only knowledge of the world that they have is from that. So they don't know the importance of getting freedom for your country. But the support that Anna Hazare got last year from the youth tells us that there is still hope." 

But Alka Amin has a point to make about this disconnect. She says," We had our parents and grand parents tell us anecdotes about the freedom struggle so we could relate to it. I have nothing to tell my children. If they read things about our independence, may be they will think about it as more than just another holiday."

Actor Kunal Karan Kapoor, Mohan of Na Bole Tum' and part of the young brigade, sums up the youngsters' sentiment. He says," I don't know what confinement means as I have never lived the life of non-freedom. So I don't know what freedom in this sense means." 

This is a pretty telling reaction on what Gen-Y feels about Independence Day. But even if the older and the newer generation have a different way of celebrating Independence Day, the fact remains that every one of us feels something when the tri-colour is unfurled on the 15th of August.

SunShine_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anjalg

Hello all...please do read and share this exclusive interview. Kunal talks to Tinsel Gupshup and the special surprise is that you can hear snippets of the interview as well!! This is one of his most candid and probably one of his best interviews so far...well...I hope😳

Please do comment on the website...😳