Satisfied - Mouni Roy Article

**esha** thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Mouni Roy happy to hush every doubting Thomas

When she forayed into acting, she was taken for granted as the girl next door, but once she had presented herself in a bubbly avtar she was typecast for glamorous roles. "I have always surprised my detractors, as also my well-wishers and this time is no different," says Mouni Roy, who plays Sati, the consort of Shiva in Devo ke Dev Mahadev on LifeOk. "I enjoy the new look, the kind of make-up and costumes I haven't worn for any other project and delivering dialogues the kind of which I never have. I admire the character I am playing, of an innocent girl who goes against her father's wish to love and commit herself to a man with a wild image. But I don't have to be like every character I play, do I," poses the actress, who has a couple of anchoring assignments in hand, besides this serial. "Personally, I am opposed to the act of throwing oneself into the fire to prove loyalty for one's man, but the conditions in the story are idealistic and they are a high example set for all to at least admire if not emulate," reasons Roy, a native of CoochBihar, educated on the Delhi University campus. "It is important to break the mould and emerge with something new every time," she opines.