Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i met myself in the mirror wht a great experience tht was simply awesome.

cant forget tht
zapman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolsaints11

Which famous personality you have met/seen in person from the music world...Did you talk to that person...Do you remember What did you talk about...πŸ˜ƒ

Pt. Ravi Shankar, Anoushka Shankar

Ust. Zakir Hussain

Dr. L. Subramaniam

Pt. Swapan Chaudhary

Ust. Amjad Ali Khan (& sons)

Pt. Ajay Pohankar

Ust. Sultan Khan

Shafqat Ali Khan (son of Ust. Salamat Ali Khan)

Shubha Joshi (noted thumri singer)

Ashit Desai (assisted Ravi Shankar on Asiad 1982 music, noted Gujrati singer)

Shekhar Sen (of Vivekanand / Kabir plays)

Others I remember meeting:

Father & son: Anup Jalota & Pt. Purshottamdas Jalota

Manna Dey

Mahendra Kapoor

Pt. Vinayak Vohra (sarangi / taar shehnai vaadak)

Mitali Mukherjee (before she hooked up w/ Bhupinder)

zapman thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: charades

rajarani ji

Sudesh Bhosle is adopted son of Asha Bhosle

Not true - he is not her son - real or adopted. They made this clear in a live concert I attended some years ago.

rajarani thumbnail

Originally posted by: zapman

Not true - he is not her son - real or adopted. They made this clear in a live concert I attended some years ago.

Thank you for the clarification

*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zapman

Asha Bhosle's real son's name is Hemant Bhosle.

And by the way, Hemant dabbled in music direction. He composed music for few super flop movies like Daamad, Taxi Taxi, Bhago Bhoot Aya, Dharam Shatru. After that he packed his bags and decided to become a pilot

*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I have a very unique experience to share with you.....

When I was a little kid, my father had orgnized a classical music festival in Bandra, Mumbai. Many renowned artists like Pt. Bhimsen Joshi, Pt. Ram Narain, Kumar Gandharv, Pt. Mallikarjun Mansoor, Zakir Hussain, Shobha Gurtu performed over 9 evenings. Every evening one blind person used to come alone and listen very keenly to these artists. I and my little sister would attend the concerts sitting in the front row. When this blind person used to come, my father would ask me and my sister to go up to him, hold his hand and seat in the front row. Many times I sat next to him. We all used appreciate his keen interest in music inspite of his handicap.

Many years later, when we opened our old album of the music festival, we were pleasantly surprized. That blind person was none other than the great music composer Ravindra Jain! He had become famous then with his good music to films like Saudagar and we could recognize the face. I still have his photoghraph with me sitting in the front row!!!!

Edited by salilu - 18 years ago
leoni thumbnail
Well I met KK, Dr. Palash Sen ( Euthphoria group), Shri Hari Prasad Churasia, Parveen Sultana, Pdt Sajan Mishra, Rajan Mishra. And ofcourse Debojit Saha.....
leoni thumbnail
Well not to forget Dr. Bhupen Hazarika....
raghav2009 thumbnail

Nice experience..

I always used to wonder that how can a person with a handicap, make it big in the music industry.. your experience explains it all, he must have been a keen follower of music since his very young days...😊😊

Originally posted by: salilu

When I was a little kid, my father had orgnized a classical music festival in Bandra, Mumbai. Many renowned artists like Pt. Bhimsen Joshi, Pt. Ram Narain, Kumar Gandharv, Pt. Mallikarjun Mansoor, Zakir Hussain, Shobha Gurtu performed over 9 evenings. Every evening one blind person used to come alone and listen very keenly to these artists. I and my little sister would attend the concerts sitting in the front row. When this blind person used to come, my father would ask me and my sister to go up to him, hold his hand and seat in the front row. Many times I sat next to him. We all used appreciate his keen interest in music inspite of his handicap.

Many years later, when we opened our old album of the music festival, we were pleasantly surprized. That blind person was none other than the great music composer Ravindra Jain! He had become famous then with his good music to films like Saudagar and we could recognize the face. I still have his photoghraph with me sitting in the front row!!!!

coolsaints11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: salilu

WOW absolutely amazingπŸ‘

I may add a little. I saw this tape of "abhijit saturday live" He owed a lot of his success to Ravinder Jain. He not only made it himself but also helped other to make it big. Hats off to him.....