MIX AND MATCH: Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai

anonmember thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

I agree that the show is a mix of many different bollywood movies. But then again, many shows on tv are influenced by popular hindi movies. I also found the author's comments on Neha's acting to be too harsh. She is a newcomer after all.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

MIX AND MATCH
TV TALK BY SUDHA MUKERJEE

4 April 2005

After a blitzkrieg of publicity, Sony's latest offering Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai is here but the initial impression is hardly encouraging. A lacklustre mishmash of several Bollywood romantic musicals, the first week — with the heroine's arrival in Mumbai to pursue her interest in music —

saw bits and bobs blithely lifted from blockbusters like Guddi, Maine Pyar Kiya, Dil To Pagal Hai and Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai. Nainital girl Kripa (Neha Bamb) comes to the city and moves into the home of hr father's old friend, now a music baron, whose pop idol son Angad (Mohammad Iqbal Khan) is her dream man. Angad's snooty family (any relation to the Gujrals of Ye Meri Life Hai?) hasn't yet met sweet little Kripa but will no doubt have the pleasure this week.

Heroine Neha (whose voice appears to be dubbed) is pretty in a vapid way but — it's the usual story — possesses minimal acting abilities. Merely tossing off a few sweet smiles does not cut it. And for someone who aspires to be a singer, the girl barely opens her mouth when she sings. As for the hero, Monsieur Angad the rock star, it's too early to say whether he'll rock or not. Wearing rings on his fingers and bells on his toes, his leather-clad machismo-laden entry drove the girls wild, at least those on screen. Their excitement rose to swooning levels when Angad boogied la Hrithik Roshan on stage and they could barely contain themselves when he walked into the audience and brushed his hand across a flurry of girlish palms. Last seen, Kripa was looking in awe at her Angad-caressed hand and for sure she won't wash it for a week. Whether viewers will wash their hands off this derivative pop romp or embrace it remains to be seen.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
That's way toooooooooooo harsh. This is the problem with authors...they get personal instead of being objective.To hell with this article. dum dum down.
Let the audience decide.
chillyflakes thumbnail

Thats mean, I think Neha is pretty good for a Newcomer, much better than most of the heroines who come in other soaps!

Yes, I agree with you that most critics tend to become personal rather than giving an objective view on the actors!

Anyway, critcs do not make or break any serial in India, its the audience and TRP's who dictate which serial or actors rule the roost or not!

Chilly!

jingle thumbnail
the TRP'S will surely decide the future of the serial,and offcourse  i am sure it will prove the crittics wrong
Culture thumbnail
as long as its a mix and match of all the bests of the bests it will work wonderfully 😆
sugar plum thumbnail

absolutely!😊 i think the author has used more of bombastic language than any fair reasoning. if it is true that neha bamb was down with jaundice during the initial shoot, then i say her slightly disappointing performance is well justified.