sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Rohit runs his own Sarkaar

By Tushar Joshi, Mid-Day
Thursday, November 24, 2005

Are Rohit Roy's creative inputs in Zee's 'Sarkaar' creating trouble for his co-stars? Sources say the actor has been constantly interfering in scenes with his actresses, especially those of Tisca Chopra.

No one messes with me

"It is true that people are talking about him cutting in between lines, and asking for changes to be made according to his wish. In fact, one actress even openly discusses this habit of his with others on the set," said an actor on the show.

When contacted, Tisca who was in Singapore, replied via SMS, "No one has the audacity to mess with my work. On television, everyone improvises with lines, sometimes me and sometime others. We are all professional and would never show display such silliness."

Shveta's happy

Rohit's other co-star, Shveta Salve, refused to say much. "I don't want to get involved in this," she said. "I am here to work, and would like to stick to that. I really don't care about who said what about whom. In fact, I am quite happy with my track, since it will be having stronger shades of grey now."

When we called the man himself, he sounded surprised. "I don't know why someone is talking all this c*** about me. In fact, you can ask both Divya (Seth) and Shveta about the way I work. I admit that I do get involved in the details of not just my character, but also of the person I am working with. But that has never happened at the expense of other actors."

I'm not selfish

Roy says he would rather give better scenes and dialogues to the other person, than hog them himself. "I recently had a scene with a newcomer actor, who was introduced in the track. If I wanted, I could have made changes to suit myself and taken away the limelight from him. On the contrary, I made him rehearse his scene with me, so that it benefits the show."

Rohit says he has no regrets about getting involved behind the scenes as well. "I have learnt a lot from Sarkaar, and it has contributed immensely to my growth as an actor. I don't mind if some people see it as a hindrance or interference; only insecure actors would have issues of this kind with other actors."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kbakshi thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
i liked rohit Roy's answers. thanks