Archana Puran Singh is Happy and Content

jingle thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Archana Puran Singh is Happy and Content
Having been part of the scandal-ridden showbiz world for more than two decades, film and television actress Archana Puran Singh surely knows the off-camera glitzy and gossipy happenings pretty well. Not just that. She is also in a better position to understand what makes the world of television and showbiz so hot 'n' spicy.

Add to that her vivacity, energy, love for shooting from the lip and saucy and tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and you will not disagree that Archana is probably the right candidate to host Kandy Floss, the show that will give viewers a peek into the hot and happening events in showbiz, be it an affair, behind-the-scene happenings, make-up van gossip, casting couch, cruise parties or filmy celebrations. Without mincing words or sparing anyone Archana will talk about everything that is hot, spicy, gossipy, mysterious and taboo.

"I think it reflects the changing times. What was taboo a decade or two ago is no more shocking. People didn't talk about their private lives, affairs and close friendship earlier but today they are willing to discuss these things. Kandy Floss provides an appropriate platform to people willing to talk honestly and openly. Honesty is refreshing and endearing." feels Archana. She says she is not a gossipy kind of person but what the show deals with and will reveal is not unknown to her.

"I have been there, heard and seen it all," she says matter-of-factly. "And why not talk about it when people are willing to come on camera and discuss things candidly," she asks. By Indian television standards, the show is quite bold. "It is bold because the content is scandalous," agrees the vivacious host who loves anchoring.

"We have actors, actresses and models talking openly about affairs and casting couch. There are actresses who have admitted that they will compromise with certain producers for the right roles. They have even named the producers and the extent to which they will go to get roles," reveals Archana adding that even Sony was taken aback by the show's content.

In fact, the channel had asked Ektaa Kapoor to tone down the content. "But Ektaa refused. She believes in the show and she put the might of Balaji behind Kandy Floss to bring it on air without diluting the content. Sony felt it was bit risky to air the show at prime time and slotted it at 11 pm," elaborates Archana who prefers films for acting and television for anchoring. "Television has changed tremendously. It doesn't function in shifts anymore.

You are required to shoot for 14-15 hours everyday. I don't want to go through torture for some extra bucks at the cost of my health and family." In fact, though she started her career on television 22 years ago with Mr Ya Mrs she has gone easy on serials and given importance to films. "Film shootings are like holidays," she reasons. "Besides I get paid highly in films. There is no point in working every day. I have the luxury of choosing my work and number of working days. So why not enjoy work and life instead of slogging."

After her debut on television she has done serials but most of them have been comedies like Shriman Shrimati, Samnewali Khidki, Jane Bhi Do Paro and Aasman Se Tapki. Besides in films too she has been cast in comic roles. "Comedy is my USP," she laughs. "I have this ability to give a comic twist to my roles. I have immense talent for comedy and I really enjoy it."

Though she has acted less on television she however, has done quite a bit of anchoring for shows that include Wah Kya Scene Hai, Uncensored and Archana Talkies besides award functions and beauty pageants. "I really get to freak out hosting shows," she says. "It is less work and good money." Besides acting and anchoring Archana also has done direction on television. She directed two shows, Jane Bhi Do Paro, a comedy, and Nehle Pe Dehla, a countdown that she also co-hosted with hubby Parmeet Sethi.

"Both were tough jobs for me because at that time I was carrying my second child. I had to do them because I was committed and couldn't back out. After that I decided not to burden myself with too much of work," she recalls. Wouldn't she want to work with Parmeet more? "I want to do at least one serial with him. I did Nach Baliye with Parmeet and we were together for three months.

It was a great experience. But then being too much together may strain the relationship," she laughs loudly. "I guess everyone needs a break from one's partner. One needs space to be oneself. Otherwise it may lead to a divorce." The actress-anchor loves to enjoy her life as much she wants to enjoy her work. She spends a lot of time with her sons and looking after her house.

She has recently bought a house at Madh Island, which is famous for shooting bungalows, private farmhouses, beach, old Christian village and local fishermen. "It's almost like Goa. As you take the ferry and cross over the creek the temperature drops. You are in the midst of open space, lots of trees, small lanes, churches and village atmosphere. It relieves you of all the pressures of life," she goes on. In fact, she is happy when she is at home.

"Why did I buy the house for? To live well and enjoy life with my kids and husband," she informs. "In fact, I am one of the few people in the industry who is happy and satisfied with whatever I have achieved."
By Televisionpoint.com Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
nice happpy
everyone enjoys shows like