Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

A very well written post Anu !! Even I don't want Rabba Ve. There is a time and place for everything.

HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

We already see that it's going down the road of the past.  she will push his buttons - and this time will insult for things we, the viewers, know are not true - and then he will get pushed to the brink both knowingly and unknowingly by kkg (particularly if he thinks she's crying over that fiance) and boom! - he will bear all teeth, she will cry.
i want to shove them in the pool.  cool them off, then lock them in a room with one towel. ðŸ˜²

You're kinder than I am. I say no damn towel at all. 😈 Totally on board with them being locked up somewhere together. It's high time.
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Anu!

I don't want the trip and catch Rabba Vey either. 

But I'd love if they had a proper tete -a -tete...their conversations seem incomplete to me most of the time (ie when they actually talk, which is rarely).

I'd love it if they showed them bumping into each other often, now that Payash wedding preparations will be on full swing. They could show some light hearted moments too, not the OTT comedy though.

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sbk2

Hi Anu!

I don't want the trip and catch Rabba Vey either. 

But I'd love if they had a proper tete -a -tete...their conversations seem incomplete to me most of the time (ie when they actually talk, which is rarely).

I'd love it if they showed them bumping into each other often, now that Payash wedding preparations will be on full swing. They could show some light hearted moments too, not the OTT comedy though.

They have to rediscover the attraction and it would be lovely to have those run ins. (Although how do you get unattracted to Barun idk - digressing).  I don't mind KKG falling or anything like that - but please no more 9 year old antics.
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think as a forum we are quite myopic, looking at the episode in isolation on a day to day basis.  But, when I decided to take a step back and see the story on the whole, as much as I want to revel in the fireworks that SaRun are capable of delivering, it just wouldn't make any sense.

Good point. Full-on rabba ve's would be contrived and even unsettling at this point.
However, both lead performers are strong enough to deliver inner rabbe ve's and convey an awareness of each other. As viewers we have been asked to believe that these characters have an almost telepathic connection, and suddenly I am sensing near indifference. 

Yes, ASR must attend to LA's feelings, but I want to sense in the performance that ASR is aware of where KKG is at every point of the evening, and that thoughts of her are never far away. Even a few flashbacks--not intense red saree flashbacks--but softer moments when he has been observing her. When Akaash placed the ring on Payal's finger, it would have been nice to have a flashback of when he tied the bandage around KKG's ring finger. Just a brief flash of a moment. 
sunaina02 thumbnail

Diya, heaven forbid they speak the TRUTH!!!  Oh nooo!!!!

There timing is totally off.  Even tomorrow we will see Lucknow Express going full force, ASR not ready, then when pushed to the brink, he will explode and then the Express will retreat into the shunting station.  They do say a lot, they let a lot of things slip, and they shout emotions with their eyes - but the wax buildup in their ears is just awful.

Bolded and red - loved this line more than your initial post.

Not that I want rabbe ve moments ( only Barun scenes will do for me ) , but something is missing there.  It is no longer sizzling . And I hated the look ofKhushi in the party . The dress was ill-fitted
and her hair was hideous.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
AGREED with Anu! Not the time or place for Rabba Veying!

They are both not in the right frame of mind for this! We all know that Arnie Baby keeps score! SO, he will NOT admit to not loving La, if he thinks that Khushi had feelings for HER ex-fiancee!

He has already put his guard down during the disaster otherwise know as "Farak Padata Hain Kyon Ki"!... so he is NOT going to admit to her that he didn't love La, if he thinks she loved her ex and that she is heartbroken! This will hit him hard, just like the news of her current committment status! (or lack of).

He is not going to risk showing his truth, coz the last time he put his gaurd down and point blank ASKED her if his committment status meant anything to her... SHE responded with a resounding NO! That was HER version of the Diwali jilting!

So, THIS is the backdrop to which this new status of being "suddenly single" for ARHI has come about! Even though they breifly united to bring PAYASH together... they BOTH knew it was a "temporary truce" NOT a "seizing of hostilities" on a permanant basis!

SO Rabba Veying will just have to "WAIT"! ("Wait" is said in the tone used by ASR at the cafe to KKG!) 😉
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 12 years ago
LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

Not that I want rabbe ve moments ( only Barun scenes will do for me ) , but something is missing there.  It is no longer sizzling . And I hated the look ofKhushi in the party . The dress was ill-fitted
and her hair was hideous.

Precisely! The sizzle is missing. If someone began watching this serial this past week they would not know who the heroine is. LA's dialogue is even sounding like KKG. 

Re: KKG's wardrobe/hair.
I didn't like the look--and as another member said, only an exquisite beauty like SI could have looked so well in that outdated dress and hair. But, in terms of character, I recognize that this is exactly what Chamkilli would wear to her sister's sagai. I look forward to seeing KKG's tastes refine over time, especially when she shops as Mrs. Raizada--but for now, this is the best we will get. If she had appeared at the party sleekly coiffed in an elegant saree, it would not have worked in terms of character consistency.
premparbat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
HI Anu

Agree with you that this is not the time for a Rabba Ve moment.  Personally the Trip, Fall & catch were the old Arhi and now is the time for some rock solid foundation building .

For starters why can't the CVs find a way that both start to have some normal conversations without interrupting each other even if it has to be a discussion on the weather.  I loved the brief time they had togther while planning the Payash get together. Displayed such a comaraderi  yet a great contrast in both their idealogies.

They need to find a sure shot event which will lead to both these characters to acknowledge their feelings to themselves. I had hoped Khushi's engagement would do that to Arnav but that road met with a dead end.  Khushi does not even think herself to be a contender for his feelings as she was rudely admonished by Arnav.  I think the couple need to get there on their own without a third party influenece.

I  love Khushi, her foolishness, her meddling in everyone's affairs, her hairstyle... everything so dont get me wrong.  I would like to get a bit more modern in her behaviour , her persona and in her manner of speaking.  I would want her to standup as an eaqual next to our stylish Arnie.  I had hoped that in her friendship with La she would have learnt something in return but that track was never  pursued.

As for Arnav, I need to see the ASR & Arnav blend to happend smoothly. I would hate to see him lose his ASR swagger  or lose his Arnav new found sensitivity.

So here is my wishlist Anu... in case there is a SP mole amongst us in the forum please convey these to the PH.

Again dont want Rabba Ve so soon... the stew needs to be on the stove for a bit longer.

Regards
jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She has had acidity INSPITE of all his barbs and taunts.  She needs a little time to actually think.  She's had nonstop issues since Diwali.  But it needs to be addressed.

That's the power of love! All barbs and taunts get washed away in the gush of powerful love.

I hope she is shown to realize the love she feels for arnav before any third person is introduced! I wish there was no third angle and these two sort it out themselves with their own unique style. 

It would have been interesting to see how these two would have expressed their love without the cliched jealousy track! But I don't know what route CVs are gonna take now!