Akshay Anand gets a raw deal in Ek Ladki.

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Akshay Anand gets a raw deal in Ek Ladki...

The actor may quit the show because the track does not do justice to his talent

Looking for a wider berth: Akshay Anand

Reena Thapar Kapoor

He could almost be labelled a veteran, he's been around that long. Actor Akshay Anand, who has worked on both the big and small screen, refuses to succumb to bit roles any more. The man who has been associated with films like Zakhm has found himself in a spot of trouble. Apparently, his track on Sony television's Ek Ladki Anjani Si has not been shaping up the way it was supposed to. "It was meatier than what it currently is," says director Anil Sharma, popularly known as Senior.

Sharma, who has known the actor for a long time, vouches for his talent. "I've worked with Akshay in Raahein; I feel that he has great potential that is not fully exploited in Ek Ladki...," he says. Rumours about Akshay's exit from the show started doing the rounds after the actor voiced his dissatisfaction with his current track. "He has spoken to me about being unhappy with his track. The story revolves around the female protagonists Kanchi and Shakti, and Akshay feels that he doesn't have much to do on the show. It's only normal to feel the way he does, as he is being wasted in Ek Ladki..." his director says.

Colleagues and co-stars say that Akshay has a lot of work on hand. The actor is currently busy with his other assignment on Zee TV – Saath Phere. "Neither the channel, nor the producers, have any problem with him. Quitting the show is completely Akshay's call," Sharma says.

The director lets us know that tracks are changed and altered depending on TRPs. "That's how a daily works. There is no definite narration or bound script. Things here are changed everyday." With a diminishing track and little scope for performance, it is only fair that Akshay be set free from the show. However, losing a good actor like him may turn out to be the production house's loss. Akshay was unavailable for comment.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=688705133

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanx for sharing Monika
i have seen him in other shows and really he is a good actor
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
hez a gud actor and this role is slowing him doww
n
Cutelicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

hez akshay anand so hez shakti anand bro haa..

😆

dheerajj thumbnail
he is a good actor.I hope he stays