i1945 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Although both Himani and Nihira are excellent singers, Himani may not be able to succeed as a mainstream singer because of her lower vocal pitch. She may be considered in the same league as Richa Sharma, to sing mostly situational solos. All mainstream female singers, Lata, Asha, Alka, Anuradha, Kavita, Chitra, Mahalakshmi, Madhushree, Shreya Ghoshal have vast vocal range needed to sing variety of solo and duet songs. All duets to sing with male singers like Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam, Babul Supria, Kunal Ganjavala generally require much higher vocal range than what Himani seems to offer.

On the other hand Nihira Joshi has demonstrated full vocal range which is essential to be a versatile singer similar to above. As such, Nihira definitely has a great potential to succeed as a mainstream female singer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gotush thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nihira is the best ....yar proved facts cannot be questioned again....do we question Newtons's Laws of motion now ?
Gotush thumbnail

Nihira is the best ....yar proven facts cannot be questioned again....do we question Newtons's Laws of motion now ?
Gotush thumbnail

Nihira is the best ....yar proven facts cannot be questioned again....do we question Newtons's Laws of motion now ?
saregama thumbnail
Nihira will succeed.......
She has been offered films with big banners
And her voice quality is such that she will sing different type of songs.

Nihira is in different category where she can become a frontline singer. While that other one called Himani will become a categorised singer like Richa sharma is.
kamala_u thumbnail
I don't agree with the post and I am NOT himani's fan. Just a basic question

"Why do you think Ismail Darbar who is a staunch supporter of classical singing and pakka sur likes himani so much"

I think himani and nihira are two different singers. Himani's voice quality is totally different from Nihira's voice quality. Nihira's is definitely sweeter and superior. Himani's is a little husky, but she does full justice with sur.

No offence please.. Just my 2 cents
Mishubaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i guess she is not insulting anyone or diidt meant tooooooo 😛
n i think tht nhera is goood singer i mean her voice i smores weeter then tht of himani
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
NIHIRA is the best.....Himani never comes close
achiever2001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haramkhor

Out of question. You just dont bring both names together. Its an insult to Nihira. Keep in mind next time.
I dont know about Mdhishree. She is ok but again u cant put her in the same line where u put lata, asha,alaka.

Now you are speaking my friend 😊
apparaohoare thumbnail
😆

Excellent timing Santibai.