Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
I did learned Karnataka sangeetha when I was little.. Though my voice is good, my memorie was bad.. and i hated to by heart the music... so i left it very early... I love music.. but due to my memorie problem i was not able to 😕 😕
seema_17 thumbnail
i want to learn singing i even told my parents abt it, but somehow we never actually get to doing something abt it
Mishtimoni thumbnail
Ahh Madhavi, ditto here, learnt classical dance and music both when I was a kid, hated doing riyaaz, but loved dancing, left dancing altogether when I was 15-16.. still wanna go back and start training again..

How come we have so much in common 😊
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Wow, glad to see so many comments..

Abhi, i shall send u that sometime, but I dont think it will make ur heart go like that, it will make it beat faster, tha tha thai tha tha tai 😉 😆

And aruna ji, Hemu occupies a place in my heart which abhi toh kya..koi bahut dare tak replace nahin karega.. i was joking with my room mate.. if i get into any relationship with a guy now, my first question to him is gonn abe can u sing!

Srianne ji, I am TRYINNGGG to study, no more dreaming now about Hemu till i am done with my exams for a month atleast

and Mishtimoni ji, ya we have a LOT in common..cool !!
Mishtimoni thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shantibai

ahhhhhhhhh!! that exhilirating joy of finding a lost twin

Very funny😃..surely would've loved to be her twin.. could become a decade younger!!!😊
Swastika thumbnail
I learnt Hindustani classical music when I was young but never gave a damn about it. I have never done a riyaaz and I am quite self destructive! 😆 ...

Now I regret for taking things so lightly.

madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swastika

I learnt Hindustani classical music when I was young but never gave a damn about it. I have never done a riyaaz and I am quite self destructive! 😆 ...

Now I regret for taking things so lightly.

my sentiments exactly..

a few days ago I tried to sing a song I learnt when i was learning music Vara Veena..its a pretty simple song.. i never knew I could sound so bad !!!
madhavi_r108 thumbnail

Originally posted by: narumugaye

I strongly regret discontinuing my music lessons. At one stage, between the ages of 8 and 11, I was learning Carnatic and Hindustani vocal, and the tabla. Migration to different places after that led to the discontinuation. Picked them up again while in varsity - but that fizzled out when I left campus. Now, watching talents like Nihira and Hema dazzling the nation with their virtuosity, and even at some of my peers and juniors in university who mesmerize the public regularly with their nectarine voices, what can I say, the regret is more than just a tinge - it's a huge bucketful of it!

Granted I was forced into learning them, but at that age, a little force is necessary anyway. And that's the best time to pick up the arts and establish a firm foundation cos we have very few priorities outside studying and playing. Now, it's just so difficult to start on a regular learn-and-practise program - small wonder they say, catch 'em young, or lose 'em forever. Exceptions exist no doubt, but the vast majority of the 'pratibhas' (talents) today did embark on this journey in the pre-teens. I did too, too bad I disembarked shortly after 😭

👏👏 Very well said !
tellus thumbnail
Same here... all the way... Mother was a bit too pushy those days to get me to learn carnatic music.. The more pushy she got, the more I resisted. And thanks to that teen year's rebellion attitude, I put the foot down for all the wrong reasons and ended up in the other side of the camp... Lucky that I was, I grew up in the midst of singers.. my mummy, dadi/nani, maasi/buas all singers - some of them ofcourse prefer to sing only in the privacy of kitchen & bathroom.
But now I am hooked to Piano... And to my surprise, my piano teacher mistook me for a trained singer.
advil thumbnail
My mom sent me to a respectable young beautiful classical music teacher when I was seven!! She and me had one thing in common .. both of us hated waking up early morning 😆 😆 .So it would only be onsundays and tuesday evenings.After about a month one fine day i went to her house for music lessons and figured out she had eloped !!(did not know wht it meant then).That was the end of my classical lessons coz mom didn't want me to get waylaid(at 7!!).

Then at the age of fourteen I started guitar lessons. It went great for a month and then guess what.. one morning I open the newpaper and see my teacher's face in the obituary column !!

After that no one was willing to teach me.. 😭 I am still waiting for a brave teacher 😊 😛