currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Rahul Roy refuses to smooch heroine
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   March 30, 2006

Rahul Roy
In a scene for Naughty Boy, the actor refused to kiss leading lady Mona Chopra.

Roy's refusal turned out to be a good opportunity for his co-star Rocky, who's attempting to do a Hashmi, with nearly a dozen kisses in the movie.

Rahul plays naughty

In Naughty Boy, a sex-comedy, Rahul shares the title role with two new male co-stars. Roy plays a middle-aged flirtatious character.

So, although the passionate kissing scenes were in sync with the film and his character, the actor refused to pucker up with Mona Chopra in the sex-comedy.

Why? "I put my foot down and said no to doing the lip-lock scenes, not because I have any hang-ups about Mona. This is a conscious decision I have taken of not kissing any actress on screen even if she is among the top-ranking ones."

Rocky Sandhu and Mona Chopra in a still from Naughty Boy
No kisses resolution

But hadn't Roy indulged in many lip-locks with his leading ladies at the start of his career?

"Yes, in the initial phase of my career, I had shot for kissing scenes in a few movies, including my debut film Aashiqui.

But since the past few years, I have made this resolution of not kissing on the screen. It's a matter of principle and I don't wish to reason it out. Even if I have to back out from the movie I have no issues, but screen-kissing is no-no for me, man," shrugs Rahul.

Making hay…

As if to make up for Rahul's reservation, co-star Rocky Sandhu has grabbed the  'naughty' monopoly of getting to smooch Mona nearly a dozen times.

As for Mona, who was snubbed in the recent past by her co-star Arjun Punj when he refused to smooch her on screen for the film, Time Pass, the movie Naughty Boy "will now prove my kissing prowess," she says.

Meanwhile, the glib Roy who has acted in a Bhojpuri and a Marathi film, refutes rumours that he has drifted apart from his wife (model) Rajlaxmi aka Rani.

"That's all crap. In fact, Rani is completing advanced courses in interiors, hair-styling and salon management in Sydney. I keep going there to be with her. Even when I'm here shooting for my films I'm constantly in touch with her," he clarifies.