Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I have never consciously tried to create an image. It happened because my producer created a project, which became a hit. The team has made it a hit. People must remember that not everything they read is true. I take my work one day at a time. Like I am shooting today with this script, which is meant for today only. I am not a conversationalist kind of person.

Sharing secrets with Apara Mehta
Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail

I don't have time for movies. It is not easy to adjust my schedule with movies. I like to give quality time to a project. If I have to run helter-skelter, I will not be able to give my best. I read all kinds of books like The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand), The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) and Kahlil Gibran's books. I liked The Alchemist for its simplicity. It comes across with a simple message in a fluid tone. I like to read simple books with depth. My day always begins with the newspaper and continues with a book.

Catching up on her latest book
monika.goel thumbnail

I do not discuss my private life. I don't want to talk about even a simple day at home. At the start of my career, I met a senior journalist who told me the media has as much access to an actor's life as the actor permits. I have heard actors crib about how little privacy they have. He said if you keep your professional and personal lives separate, you will not face problems about privacy.

Getting ready for a shot
monika.goel thumbnail

As I am a public person -- as an actor and politician -- I am open to discussion. But as far as family is concerned, I don't leave the door open -- particularly where my children are concerned. I don't want them to be influenced by my job. I want them to grow up in an environment where they will be just another child of a working mother. I don't want them to take advantage of being the child of an actor. I don't want to be like mothers who feel guilty about leaving their kids home so they bring them on the sets and play with them when they have the time. I make time and go home. My son is three years old and my daughter is two.

Reading up the script
monika.goel thumbnail

Apart from my television serial and my political commitments, I am also producing a play. It is written by Prakash Kapadia, who wrote Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas and Black. I am also acting in it. It will have its national premiere in Delhi on June 10. Before that, we will travel to Ahmedabad, Indore, Surat, Dubai and Muscat.

Smriti calling!
monika.goel thumbnail

I divide my day according to my work schedule. I find time for Kyunki Saas, my political commitments and my responsibilities at home. I work 30 days a month. It is fascinating that you always ask a female member of the entertainment industry how much time they spend at home, but never ask the male members. Or a male politician, for that matter. Family is a priority for any person who believes that your roots give you strength to fly high. I believe in nurturing my roots well and make sure I fly as high as possible. I want to achieve more in life.

Sharing a light moment
monika.goel thumbnail

Smriti Irani, star of Ekta Kapoor's most popular television serial Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, is having her lunch when we arrive. A co-star is expecting a baby and the duo are discussing possible names for the child. Smriti likes the name Aditya, but makes a face at the name Ansh. Not surprisingly. Ansh was the name of her character Tulsi's son in the serial, someone who Tulsi killed in an earlier episode. Smriti chats with Contributing Special Correspondent A Ganesh Nadar. Photographs: Jewella C Miranda.

The different moods of Smriti Irani
monika.goel thumbnail

Day after day, we have watched her playing Tulsi. But television's favourite bahu, Smriti Irani, claims she does not watch the immensely popular soap, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Priyanka Jain decided to ask the lady -- who turns 30 today -- what her favourite television shows were. Surprisingly, three of them aren't even on air anymore! Here's what she had to say: Don't miss: Smriti Irani, on her birthday plans

The Devil's Advocate That's what Karan Thapar's show on CNN-IBN is called. And rightly so, for he confronts, provokes, and is even sometimes rude to celebrities until they are forced to spill the beans. His shows are gripping and his guests, no matter who they are, are never spared. "Karan Thapar is aggression personified. I wonder what he goes through after the show, " says Smriti.

The Practice It was aired on Star World for a very long time, between 1997 and 2004. Among its many awards, the show won the 1997 and 1998 Emmys for Best Drama series. It focused on a law firm and its involvement in a number of high-profile criminal and civil cases that often mirrored events occurring in real life. The theme of the series was the uneasy balance between moral and legal ethics. Some of the people featured in it were Dylan McDermott, Steve Harris, Camryn Manheim, Michael Badalucco, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Kelli Williams, Lara Flynn Boyle and Marla Sokoloff.

Lifeline Vijaya Mehta's Lifeline on Doordarshan was about life in a hospital and the challenges doctors face daily. It also delved into the personal lives of doctors and nurses. Years later, Star Plus had its own version -- Sanjivani.

Udaan A serial based on the struggle of a woman aspiring to be an IPS officer. It told the story of Kalyani Singh (played by Kavita Choudhary), who joined the police force and through hard work and sheer determination went on to become an ASP. The show also starred Shekhar Kapoor. It was written and directed by Choudhary, who was inspired by her older sister Kanchan. In real life, Kanchan went on to be appointed Director General of Police of Uttaranchal, becoming the first Indian woman to head a state police force!

Comment on this list

.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
thanks for sharing yaar gr8
tulip007 thumbnail
thanks...................................................... ...............