DOUBLE STANDARDS IN INDIA

Kadwiphool thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
THE GUY DOESNT HAVE TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN HIS FAMILY AND HIS WIFE'S FAMILY BECAUSE HE ALREADY LIVES WITH THEM. but the girl ALWAYS has to pick a side and forget about her maika's happiness after she's married otherwise she'll be accused that she only worries about her maika and not her sasural. HOW IS THIS FAIR? why is it that the women of india are always ill treated? 😭😡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vazz thumbnail
That is a very good thought indeed. Dont understand why these serials keep harping on the fact that the girl is a paraya dhan and she will go away to the sasural. It is like she is a sandwitch between the two families.
At least these serials that millions of people watch need to show that a girl does not have to give up a family in order to get another family. She should still be able to have the same relationship with her parents.. after all they are the ones that gave her birth.
SimarikSmokin thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
that true i mean how could people ask to pick sides. a side from where she was born and raised. The other who first had insulted her/ You know saloni deserves better she was better off with neeel
princess4 thumbnail
i totally agree. we have too many double standards. but i guess things will never change. bahu kabhi beta jassi nahi hothi
Kadwiphool thumbnail

Originally posted by: princess4

i totally agree. we have too many double standards. but i guess things will never change. bahu kabhi beta jassi nahi hothi

more like ek beti kabhi bhi beta jaissi treat nahi hoti!😭

blueash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
These thngs are coming thru older generation n still 2day people follow tht which is wrong they think if the gurl is married thn she shud 4get abt her parents house n just stay in sasural n they will insult her or harrase her which is too bad
princess4 thumbnail
just check out this article on the website below. it will make you cry and think about double standards.
http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs2986
Kadwiphool thumbnail

[QUOTE=princess4]just check out this article on the website below. it will make you cry and think about double standards.
http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/blogs2986[/QUOTE]

i just read teh article. this is horrendous! and to know that there are other girls like her in afghanistan who are being treated like that. it's so surprising that we humans can be this tortorous on other humans who human beings just like us! it's ridiculous😭😭😭

Saregama_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: vazz

That is a very good thought indeed. Dont understand why these serials keep harping on the fact that the girl is a paraya dhan and she will go away to the sasural. It is like she is a sandwitch between the two families.
At least these serials that millions of people watch need to show that a girl does not have to give up a family in order to get another family. She should still be able to have the same relationship with her parents.. after all they are the ones that gave her birth.

I totally agree, this serials are watched by millions of people.  And have the power of influence over these people, they not only show doble standards and justify them, such as its ok for the husband to have two wives, for whatever reason, like the girl can't not have a child.  Howcome, a show has never been shown , when the man is unable to have children and the girl is the one to have a second marriage, here the woman is expectted to stand by her man. 

Also have you guys and gals noticed lately, all the serials show evil prevailing while the good person is sitting at home crying unable to do anything.  Why can't they show some positive things, like the girl being able to stand for herself and speak up!!!  Why do they show that if you are quiet and take everything in only then will u be considered a good baho, if you speak up for your rights then you are not the "adarsh baho".  What sort of message are these directors trying to send.
Kadwiphool thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saregama_fan

I totally agree, this serials are watched by millions of people.  And have the power of influence over these people, they not only show doble standards and justify them, such as its ok for the husband to have two wives, for whatever reason, like the girl can't not have a child.  Howcome, a show has never been shown , when the man is unable to have children and the girl is the one to have a second marriage, here the woman is expectted to stand by her man. 

Also have you guys and gals noticed lately, all the serials show evil prevailing while the good person is sitting at home crying unable to do anything.  Why can't they show some positive things, like the girl being able to stand for herself and speak up!!!  Why do they show that if you are quiet and take everything in only then will u be considered a good baho, if you speak up for your rights then you are not the "adarsh baho".  What sort of message are these directors trying to send.

u're right! i'm getting sick of it too. we need people who speak up for themselves! not ones who stand by n let it happen hoping god will fix everything for them YOU CANT LEAVE EVERYTHING TO GOD!! 😡