Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: punjini

What do you prefer: frying pan or fire? ๐Ÿ˜Š

you mean frying pan to fire...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

I would prefer frying pan though...

coolsaints11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

Definitely Anu Malik. Barring his plagiarised songs, he's actually given some fantastic songs. Here's his profile. Zara bolded text par dhyaan dein.๐Ÿ˜‰

Anu Malik

Profession: Music Director, Bollywood.

Anu Malik was born to veteran music director Sardar Malik . His father did fantastic songs like โ‚ฌหœHaan deewana hoon mainโ‚ฌโ„ข from Saaranga, โ‚ฌหœAe gamme dilโ‚ฌโ„ข from Thokar and โ‚ฌหœMujhe tumse mohabbatโ‚ฌโ„ข in Bachpan.Sardar Malik could not achieve success at a higher level, his family had to struggle to meet their ends.

Music was in his blood .So Anu started doing insignificant movies as he needed to look after his family.Though such projects didn't bring him much acclaim he grabbed his first opprotunity that was a B grade film Hunterwali (1977). The other films he did were Ek Jaan Hain Hum starring Rajiv Kapoor and Divya Rana that included songs such as songs such as "Dil dil hai koi sheesha to nahin" , Aapas Ki Baat starring Poonam Dhillon.

Life was not easy for Anu Malik. His years of struggle continued as he strived to get good assignments that were hard to come by.He was forced to take projects hardly boosting his career graph like Sohni Mahiwal and Ek Chaadar Maili Si.Before this he did Manmohan Desai's Mard and Ganga Jamuna Saraswati.

The turning point in his career was when Govinda's brother, Kirti Kumar signed him on for Radha Ka Sangam. Anu gave his best with this score and the result were songs such as Do bol kehke, Radha ka sangam and Bichuvaa. His next big feat was Mahesh Bhatt's telefilm Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi for which he composed some memorable melodies such as Tere dar par sanam and Baadalon mein chhup gaya hai chaand.The music of the film brought him much critical acclaim.

Then on, there was no looking back for Anu Malik who went on to deliver musical blockbusters, one after the other. However, with fame came criticism and Anu Malik became the butt of finger pointing, for lifting and copying riffs. He was accused of plagiarism and termed as 'copy cat'.But some of his soothing compositions - be it in Refugee, Virasat or Border - have been unusual scores. Always surrounded by controversies this National Award-winning composer believes in calling a spade a spade. In 2003 he took care of Sooraj Barjatya's Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon, Madhur Bhandarkar's Aan and J P Dutta's LoC.

1997 was a landmark year for Anu as all the films Judwaa, Virasat, Border and Ishq for which he composed music fared extremely well and the music had a great deal to do with the success of these films. Hameshaa was the only flop but again the music in the film was good. 1998 was a relatively dull year for Anu. Although the music in both Duplicate and Kareeb was appreciated and Soldier was an average hit. 1999 was better because the music in both Janam Samjha Karo and Badshaah is fast and catchy and above all original. 2000 was one of the best years for Anu Malik professionally. With great hits like Josh, Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega, Fiza and above all Refugee which fetched him the National Award, Anu is a on a roll working with some of the best names in the Hindi Film industry. The year 2001 was also a dream year for him as most of his music was greatly appreciated even though the films didnt do too well. For example Subhash Ghai's Yaadein, Meghna Gulzar's Filhal, Rakesh Mehra's Aks and Shahrukh Khan and Santosh Sivan's Ashoka.

Today,Anu Malik has completed 25 years in the Hindi film industry and seems at peace with himself and his career. He wants to look forward to projects like Farah Khan's Main Hoon Na, Madhur Bhandarkar's Aan and Rajkumar Santoshi's Khakee among many others. And yes, he is enormously excited about his first international project Gurinder Chaddha's Bride And Prejudice. The film has Punjabi, Hindi and English songs. He wants to write for bands like The Backstreet Boys and the biggest names in international music. Apart from his desire to become a composer of international repute, he would also like to compose for period films too.

thats an impressive list......I think HR may be a much better singer than him though๐Ÿ˜ƒ
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Imagine being dropped from a frying pan into fire. That is my analogy for listening to Anu Malik followed by Himesh. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have seen Anu Malik being interviewed. Really hilarious.
Dancnballa23 thumbnail
Adwarakanathji is right. Even though he copies, Anu has some really impressive songs that I even listen to ๐Ÿ˜‰   It's just that nowadays he is a little more plagiaristic.
Anu>HR
coolsaints11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: punjini

Imagine being dropped from a frying pan into fire. That is my analogy for listening to Anu Malik followed by Himesh. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have seen Anu Malik being interviewed. Really hilarious.

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Celina7 thumbnail
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ HIMESH RESHAMMIYA IS DA BEST!!! anu malik is nothing compared to him... ๐Ÿคข
Celina7 thumbnail
anu malik keepz making me mad...half of his songz r from other languagez man...i can name half of them (like which language/artist is it from)...man at least HR doesnt steal music...am does...n I have proof of it!!!
coolsaints11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Celina7

anu malik keepz making me mad...half of his songz r from other languagez man...i can name half of them (like which language/artist is it from)...man at least HR doesnt steal music...am does...n I have proof of it!!!

Celina, looks like you are hard core fan of HR๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

HR doesn't steal music? ๐Ÿ˜†

Want a list of his copied compositions, celinaji?

Check out the songs of the movies in the article..the ones I've bolded. Then comment ๐Ÿ˜‰

no thank u abhi... i have not heard ne HRz songz/tunez in ne other languagez or ne other songz....n i still wont believe it so therez no use... sorry abhiji...

Celina7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolsaints11

Celina, looks like you are hard core fan of HR๐Ÿ˜ƒ

damn right coolsaints11ji...

how do u like my new siggy?? ive been working on it for a long time!! isnt it hot? n then i came back to IF n therez no party or a wedding..where did they move these topicz at?????