Aarti Singh : "I am too old to have a live-in rela

Book-Worm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Aarti Singh

Her brother, the comic actor Krushna Abhishek, has made waves thanks to his stand up routines on Comedy Circus. Her cousin Ragini Khanna is a household name thanks to her roles in Bhaskar Bharti and more so as Suhana Kashyap inSasural Genda Phool, which has led to her getting many hosting assignments also.

But Aarti Singh, who is currently playing Seema Chopra in Colors' Parichay is as accomplished a performer. Having played parts in the Star Plus drama Grihasti, in Zee TV's Maayka and in Colors' Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai, she is today being recognized as an actor with substance.

Tellychakkar.com buttoned down Aarti for an exclusive heart to heart talk about her career, her take on Seema Chopra and her brother Krushna. Excerpts:

Are you happy with your role in Parichay?

Yes, recently the show managed to gain 3.3 TRPs, which is pretty good actually. I am happy with the way the show is shaping up. As far as my character is concerned, I must clarify that it is not restricted only to the kitchen, as mentioned by a publication earlier. Yeah, when it comes to the visibility factor, my character was not in the limelight earlier as the show focused more on Anand's (Saurabh Raj Jain) death sequence.

My role will expand in a month and a half. The creatives have seen my role inThoda Hai… Of course they can't afford to waste me as an actor. Furthermore, Colors approached me for the show, not Balaji.

But why did you take up a parallel role after playing a lead in Thoda Hai…?

After Thoda Hai… I was chilling out at home for almost seven to eight months and waiting any longer would have made no sense. So when the role was offered to me, I knew it would give me the desired recognition. First of all, the show is from Balaji and is being aired on Colors during primetime. Furthermore, I could have never said no to Colors as they are the ones who cast me as the lead in Thoda Hai

You are playing a parallel lead but your costumes and make-up are not very appealing? Comments…

Personally, I don't like putting on too much make up. As far as the clothes are concerned, in the show, I belong to a middle-class family so I wear kurtas andsalwars. However, whenever it's needed I do wear a lot of make-up and goodsarees like during Anand's wedding.

How's your equation with your co-stars in the show?

I love them. I was a part of Grihasti and Thoda Hai... but this is the best team I have ever worked with. I connect wonderfully with them.

What's your family's reaction after watching the show?

My brother Krushna has watched a few episodes and he really liked it. Recently, I went to Lucknow for a charity show and people started recognizing me as Seema from Parichay. Krushna was overwhelmed with the response.

Are you still staying with Krushna and his girlfriend Kashmera Shah?

Yeah, I was staying with them earlier but recently I moved out. I am currently staying with my dad.

Your brother is living-in with Kashmera. What's your take on live-in relationships?

I actually never gave it a thought but I feel there is no harm in staying together before marriage. However, my entire family is in Mumbai so I am yet to get an opportunity to live-in with someone (laughs). And now I think I am too old to enter into a live-in relationship. Right now, I would rather get married than move-in with someone.

What kind of roles would you want to play in future?

I'd prefer lead roles - also roles where I get to perform and get some recognition. I feel TV is about doing good work and making money as there are very few people who get creative satisfaction. However, I think I am lucky enough to get creative satisfaction in all my roles.

You look little plump in the show. Aren't you working on shedding some weight?

I can't lose weight as I am a foodie. I was very fat in Maayka but I did manage to lose some weight in Thoda Hai… I do want to lose some more weight though I wouldn't want to become Priyanka Chopra. Hence I go to the gym everyday where I have a personal trainer but nothing seems to be helping me much (smiling).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
already posted article...pls dont bring TC articles..its the rival site
Book-Worm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: akki-theGreat

already posted article...pls dont bring TC articles..its the rival site

Sorry...
Alpha_Aakash thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
its ok..no need to be sorry...all izz well...